Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 cm with Dr Milorad Mitkovic, good idea?  (Read 1741 times)

justaveragedude

• Visitor
9 cm with Dr Milorad Mitkovic, good idea?
« on: March 31, 2018, 11:43:40 PM »

I am really considering going to this doctor for 9 cm increase from 170cm. Any thoughts about him? Is it worth? Also I am 19 years old I do not think it matters though :)
172 cm. Want to do 5 cm on tibias and 7.5-8 cm on femurs with internal PRECICE 3 (STRYDE). Hope I can do it!

onemorefoot

Re: 9 cm with Dr Milorad Mitkovic, good idea?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 12:39:42 AM »

No!! The crappy device he uses shouldnt he uses foto more than 6 cm, you can end Up with a terrible baloerina if you lengthen  that much. If you are really interested un puré external devices, Ilizarov works a lot better, you have good doctors like Catagni, The south African doc or doc Mangal, not that expensive.
Budget will determine my future.

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 12:50:21 AM »

Only if you want to be in a wheelchair or crutches for the rest of your life.

justaveragedude

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 12:57:58 AM »

Ok is Dr Kulash any better? If not the can Barinov or Mangal do the trick for me?
172 cm. Want to do 5 cm on tibias and 7.5-8 cm on femurs with internal PRECICE 3 (STRYDE). Hope I can do it!

Android

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 03:40:42 AM »

No, not a good idea.

9 cm in one procedure is dangerous, tibias or femurs, any device or doctor. Lower your expectations, use this as a guide. If you want more height, split it into two procedures.

Also, be sure to ask your doctor if you've stopped growing. It's not unheard of for guys your age to keep growing.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

vangeo

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »

Dr Mitkovic is very good option but he will no accept you if you want to do 9 cm. Reason is that lengthening over 7.5 cm leads to permanent wackiness of shin muscles accordingly. It is role regardless of device used. I have finished my 6 cm lengthening without problem and wait for final consolidation walking with full weight bearing, without any support. I did not see any serious problem with other patients.

Android

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:57:45 AM »

Dr Mitkovic is very good option but he will no accept you if you want to do 9 cm. Reason is that lengthening over 7.5 cm leads to permanent wackiness of shin muscles accordingly. It is role regardless of device used. I have finished my 6 cm lengthening without problem and wait for final consolidation walking with full weight bearing, without any support. I did not see any serious problem with other patients.

Sensible input. We'd love to hear your story some time, do consider writing your own diary in the patient experiences section.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

justaveragedude

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 09:42:32 PM »

I may go to Dr Alexander Barinov sometime in 2018 with external LATN 9cm on tibia. A question to LL veterans- will I lose weight? I mean for 170 cm dude I am 74 kg which is pretty normal but I weightlift and I am wondering if I will lose my muscle tissues, because for me it will probably be 9-10 months recovery time. If someone is interested I can make a diary when I get the money and contact the doctor.

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 10:40:50 PM »

9cm on tibias is insane, as we've mentioned. Nothing is safe in LL, but even the surgeons willing to perform it say 5cm is the safer limit for tibias. If you were 190cm, maaaaaybe 9cm would be a bit less insane.

Android

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 06:52:23 AM »

You will lose weight, and maybe the ability to walk normally unless you lower your goals. Be sensible, we're not trying to scare you for no reason.

justaveragedude

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 09:47:40 AM »

Well a lot of people have made it to the 9cm mark. Rgkey, the Prince2 although he only made 8 cm and had to abort because of his ballerina and knee I think? I saw the diaries of at least 2 more guys who did 9 cm and one of them told that there were some people who did 10 and even one who did 11cm. Now I know that this not guarantee that if I do my LL operation will be successful but I really want to see myself being 178-179 cm. This is one of my dreams.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 10:17:29 AM »

9cm on tibias with Mitkovic or Barinov.
And as an example Rgkey whose legs are ruined.

If you are not a troll, then go for it. You must be so stupid that you deserve everything that will happen to you if you do such things.

justaveragedude

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 03:35:58 PM »

I am definitely not going with Mitkovic. Body Builder I am determined to get LL this or next year (or 2020 if I somehow do not get the money I need).Definitely LATN probably with Barinov. My aim will always be 9 cm or 8 if I cannot reach the 9 centimeters. I am ready to do streches and walking every day for hours to achieve my desired height. Maybe you are right, I deserve everything that will come to me, but I will have LL operation in the coming years and I am ready to pay the price of possibly having my legs and life ruined.

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »

I am definitely not going with Mitkovic. Body Builder I am determined to get LL this or next year (or 2020 if I somehow do not get the money I need).Definitely LATN probably with Barinov. My aim will always be 9 cm or 8 if I cannot reach the 9 centimeters. I am ready to do streches and walking every day for hours to achieve my desired height. Maybe you are right, I deserve everything that will come to me, but I will have LL operation in the coming years and I am ready to pay the price of possibly having my legs and life ruined.
Then so be it.
9cm is a joke. 8cm are very risky. 7-7.5cm may be possible without risking that much and still will really change your life.
I hope you'll take the right choice.

Android

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »

Just aim for 5 to 6 cm for your tibias and get femurs done later. Much less risky, faster recovery, and you'll look more proportionate.

If you're willing to pay the price of ruining your legs, you should consider paying more money instead.

myloginacct

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »

And you're 19 and still haven't even checked with an endocrinologist, or gotten some x-rays to check on your growth plates! Much cheaper than LL as a first step.

I wish I knew about all these things when I was 19.

Also, if you do get LL in the future, please come back to report here. I think it's in the interest of the whole community to know who is the doctor who would be willing to do 9cm on tibias on a young, financially insecure kid with clear, and severe, height dysphoria.
Pages: [1]   Go Up