Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really weird proportions  (Read 4920 times)

Siesmicec

• Visitor
Re: Really weird proportions
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »

I'd like to point out that my arms and legs grew alot longer only in the past year, my torso hasn't grown since 15 but I was proportionate (as in 0.52x) to my limbs at that age

Note: I'm half Arabic( Dubai) Descent and my uncles are all 6ft or more from both sides (mom and dad)

Johnson1111

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 06:52:15 AM »

Hey guys! I was wondering if there is anything I can do about my proportions.
My height is 175.5cm/5"9
My wingspan is 194cm/6"4.
My floor inseam is 89.5cm/35 inches.
My weight is 80kg/176 lbs

Notes: I do not have malfrans or testosterone deficiency disorders. I am rather muscular and in very good health.

I'm turning 18 in a few weeks I thought I would even out as this my body proportions for a few months now, should i do limb shortening or would my torso possibly even out?

My sitting height is 84cm*

Wow my stats are very similar, except i'm shorter than you.

5'7"
6'4" wingspan
171 lbs
What's floor inseam? You mean waist inseam? I am 30-31 waist

The best for us is to most likely do femurs with our proportions because i've found the wingspan is a fine look (alot of ridiculously long wingspans actually don't look that weird) but what looks weird with a 6'4" wingspan is stumpy femurs. They're good for lifting as your legs can become enormous much easier. But if your tibias are in generally normal range and aren't too short you can lengthen the femurs and look very proportional. Do something like the 4.5-8cm and then be in a good height and proportion range. You are not too far off from average at 5'9" so you don't need to do as much but you can reach as far as 6 ft in one segment if you really wanted to.

doomsday

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 04:57:47 PM »

are you also black?

Johnson1111

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 02:59:31 AM »

Has someone ever done ll that was happy with their overall height but not with their proportions? I’m 5’9 and wear a 30 inseam and always felt is look better with 2 more inches on my legs
Just gathering information considering a conservative llegnthening of 5cm-7cm

Johnson1111

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 04:38:52 AM »

Has someone ever done ll that was happy with their overall height but not with their proportions? I’m 5’9 and wear a 30 inseam and always felt is look better with 2 more inches on my legs
Yeah there are some people who aren’t too happy with their proportions but the gained height was more than worth it to them.

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 01:45:50 AM »

I notice my proportions and other people’s walking down the street never seen another person with my proportions before long torso short legs. Sitting down I have the height of someone 511 6 foot with a 30 inseam.it makes me kinda insecure esp because I skateboard. Most skateboarders are long legged or at least even

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 02:00:41 AM »

Yeah I’m not happy with my proportions my legs seem shorter than average even with someone with short legs. I haven’t done the measurements as exact as I should but I have a 30 in inseam and I’m 5’9

myloginacc

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 10:09:38 AM »

You should get out of this forum being 5'9, and having such trivial reasons for wanting to split your bones apart for almost an year - taking that time frame to recover too.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:31:11 AM by myloginacc »
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 07:56:05 PM »

No offense but you don’t know if my reasons are trivial at all, just because your short you deserve to feel better about yourself but I can’t do the same thing to feel better about myself? 5’9 isn’t super talk and 2 in would only put me at 5 11 with that argument no one should do cll

Johnson1111

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »

No offense but you don’t know if my reasons are trivial at all, just because your short you deserve to feel better about yourself but I can’t do the same thing to feel better about myself? 5’9 isn’t super talk and 2 in would only put me at 5 11 with that argument no one should do cll

Reasons don't matter at certain heights, it's all cope and justifications for bad decisions at 5'10"+

You're at a trivial height to be honest. 5'9" is not a TERRIBLE height to get LL it makes some sense with how heightist the world is and you can land into ideal proportions and height. But 5'9" is a fine height to live life so to sacrifice a bunch of money and time and health is the thing that's questionable about it. Is it worth it at 5'9"? It's because we don't consider this surgery REALLY cosmetic like a nose job lol. It comes with ramifications that last forever that you can't look back on.

myloginacc

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2018, 08:43:42 AM »

Lol @ your height comment. I also never said you don't deserve to feel better about yourself.

You said you want to split your bones apart, lose a chunk of your athleticism, and spend two years recovering because many other skaters have longer legs. Your height is only a factor in this because your reason for wanting to undergo such a surgery is so utterly trivial, and your height isn't even bad.

Not only is LL detrimental to the lifestyle you based your moniker on, some of the things that are the best for you in life are the ones you don't want to hear. That's just how it is.

I notice my proportions and other people’s walking down the street never seen another person with my proportions before long torso short legs. Sitting down I have the height of someone 511 6 foot with a 30 inseam.it makes me kinda insecure esp because I skateboard. Most skateboarders are long legged or at least even

Almost everyone here thinks they have short legs and long torsos (probably because it feels more masculine in our minds).

Paley's response about that.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »

You could make that argument for everyone in this forum except for people who suffer from a genetic disorder that require corrective surgery height is trivial all together if you think about it doesn’t matter if your 5 foot even, and are there not people on this forum that have lengthened to past 180cm, and I know I’d be losing some ability. Read my signature I’m just gathering info but really to say my reason for lengthening is trivial is ridiculous. Unless you have a disability or dwarfism I couldn’t see a logical reason for lengthening

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »

You could make that argument for everyone in this forum except for people who suffer from a genetic disorder that require corrective surgery height is trivial all together if you think about it doesn’t matter if your 5 foot even, and are there not people on this forum that have lengthened to past 180cm, and I know I’d be losing some ability. Read my signature I’m just gathering info but really to say my reason for lengthening is trivial is ridiculous. Unless you have a disability or dwarfism I couldn’t see a logical reason for lengthening

Hey man just wanted to let you know,that i'm 5'10 with a 32.5 inseam and my legs look pretty long and torso pretty short,i also know a guy who's 6'1 and has slightly shorter legs than me and he looks normal.It's all in your head if you think anyone notices it,but if you're obsessed with having that particular look to yourself,then do what you have to,you only live once.
Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.

Johnson1111

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2018, 03:57:45 PM »

A man who's 5'1" might as well be a dwarf. They're treated equally by society. Being your height has zero detriment as it's not even a single standard deviation from the norm. So therefor someone 5'1" has infinitely more reasons to lengthen than you. To say otherwise is ridiculous and hypocritical, as you're thinking about lengthening yourself at almost 5'10".

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »

Hey man just wanted to let you know,that i'm 5'10 with a 32.5 inseam and my legs look pretty long and torso pretty short,i also know a guy who's 6'1 and has slightly shorter legs than me and he looks normal.It's all in your head if you think anyone notices it,but if you're obsessed with having that particular look to yourself,then do what you have to,you only live once.
I do realize most of its in my head it’s just bothered me for a long time, and I don’t really think the way society views you makes it more ok for you to lengthen then me. That’s seems rather petty but with that being said. Your speaking to deaf ears if I decide to lengthen I will do so but I haven’t and I’m just gathering info. Appearance is just that, and lengthening is only NECESSARY for people with genetic issues or dwarfism.

Johnson1111

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2018, 05:19:37 PM »

Yes of corse...Lengthening your legs because you've been picked on because of your size, haven't been taken seriously by anyone your whole life, rejected non stop sxxually, have zero chance athletically and are at an extreme disadvantage job-wise ALL due to something you cannot control (Resulting in a horrible horrible existence) is totally petty  ::) ::) Of corse, makes perfect sense.

Yes of corse, it's no different than someone 5'9" doing it. You hit the nail on the head. Genius.

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »

So what about all the short people that have succeeded in life? I understand where your coming from but it’s still not a nessecary surgery and how does being short affect your atheletic ability or your job prospects? My manager is 5’4 and quite successful. And I skate with dudes who are 5’2 and are wayaaay better than me I don’t see how being short could hurt your athletic ability unless maybe you wanna play basketball. And no matter how you spin it it’s cosmetic and not nesscasry for either of us. You can tell me my reasoning is flawed and I can say yours is as well but I respect your choices cause there yours. If you don’t like me or my reasoning for ll then scroll by because I didn’t come to this forum to argue I’m sorry that being short has impacted your life and I’m sorry people mad fun of you if that happened

myloginacc

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »

Sorry bud, you still really don't understand.

Check this link out:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3454

You seem to still haven't done enough research on limb lengthening, hence our comments.

This surgery is only considered successful about 60% of the time (total; not, e.g., Rozbruch's rates), and involved in numerous complications. You won't be losing "some athletic ability". Some people here cannot run years after surgery. Another couldn't run to catch a bus when he wanted to.

It is absolutely your life and your choices, but it also sounds absolutely insane to us that anyone who highly values any kind of sporting activity would consider CLL, specially at average heights.

myloginacc

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »

If someone cares so much about a sport to use it as part of their username, they really should forget about CLL. You'd ruin your own lifestyle just for longer legs.

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2018, 09:32:38 PM »

The link to the guy not being able to catch the bus seems like he went outside the recommended safe lengthening range. Only 5 cm is advised right? And I appreciate you at least having a respectful response. I respond better to them. I agree it seems unnecessary and that’s why I haven’t decided yes I’m going to do it. I’ll have to find the post but I had a guy tell me he is playing soccer again after ll. I do love skating, and would hate to not be able to do it. And also again I wouldn’t be lengthening for height, it would be to bring my proportions closer to being balanced. And I guess the problem is for me is all the diaries I read are usually unfinished so it’s hard to find a in-depth look at someone’s recovery over a period of years. And just as a ps I’m not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, but I never asked for opinions on my height or anything just wanted to know if someone had ever lengthened for proportions alone instead of height being the driving factor

Juiceslikewine

• Limb lengthening forums own lab rat :)
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »

The link to the guy not being able to catch the bus seems like he went outside the recommended safe lengthening range. Only 5 cm is advised right? And I appreciate you at least having a respectful response. I respond better to them. I agree it seems unnecessary and that’s why I haven’t decided yes I’m going to do it. I’ll have to find the post but I had a guy tell me he is playing soccer again after ll. I do love skating, and would hate to not be able to do it. And also again I wouldn’t be lengthening for height, it would be to bring my proportions closer to being balanced. And I guess the problem is for me is all the diaries I read are usually unfinished so it’s hard to find a in-depth look at someone’s recovery over a period of years. And just as a ps I’m not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, but I never asked for opinions on my height or anything just wanted to know if someone had ever lengthened for proportions alone instead of height being the driving factor

Here's the thing though at 5'9 a 30 inch inseam is pretty proportionate,give or take an inch.
Height:5'10 or 178cms
Ethnicity:white irish
Realistic height goal:5'11 or 180.5cm(Would be very content with this.

Skater1237

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

Me and you are around the same height with similar goals I just don’t want to break 6 ft. But yeah I’ve always felt I looked odd with short legs but maybe most people don’t even notice, I notice cause it’s my body I guess. Maybe one day I’ll post pictures in proportions to see what others think I know you guys are just looking out for me so I appreciate it.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2018, 04:19:36 AM »

I am a fellow Irish, Cork to be exact :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up