Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My LL experience with Dr Rozbruch- 2017  (Read 2554 times)

Tallerme

• Visitor
My LL experience with Dr Rozbruch- 2017
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »

Hi,

This is by no means a diary. I wanted to share my wonderful experience with Dr Rozbruch(Dr R).
Let’s just say that I absolutely needed this surgery as I am a very very short female. I met a lot of Betz and  Paley’s patients and I was way shorter than all of them. There are hardly any female diaries out there so I wanted to make sure I share my LL journey.
I had my LL surgery in 2017 and gained 2 inches. I had other knee issues and was able to get insurance to cover a part of it. I researched LL for few years and had multiple consultations with Betz ,Paley and Rozbruch.  I almost decided to go with Paley but chickened out at the last minute.
I am in tristate area so finally decided to go with Dr R. Have not regretted that decision one bit.
    The surgery was very successful. I didn’t feel any pain during my hospital stay. HSS is a top notch hospital and the safest place to have this surgery. The first six weeks were surely tough, with a lot of pain. It was expected. With the help of different pain drugs, it was tolerable. Sleeping was hard. I don’t think I slept more than two hours at a stretch during the lengthening phase.It got much much better after I stopped lengthening. Started walking exactly three months after the surgery.

Some key takeaways from my experience-
  • If safety is your prime concern, don’t go with any other doctor other than Dr R
  • Self PT is very hard so spend a little more to get professional PT during lengthening
  • A lot of help is needed in the first two months
  • Dr R and his entire staff  exceeded all my expectations. This level of professionalism is hard to come by these days. He was always available on email.
  • Spent less than 40k for the entire process.
  • I regret wasting time and money on consulting other surgeons [\li]

You can send me a private message should you have any questions about my journey.

aditya23788

• Visitor
Re: My LL experience with Dr Rozbruch- 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 04:10:00 AM »

Wow Rozbruch for $40k.. How did you manage that? I am guessing insurance payed a chunk of it but from other diaries it seems his fees won't be covered(which is close to $70k)... Which insurance do you have?

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »

LL with Rozbruch for under $40k  :o? That is incredible, congrats Tallerme, best deal I've seen here. It really shows that for people who wants to do LL with Precise with a top surgeon in the US, consult with Dr. Rozbruch, more often than not your insurance will pay for some of it.  So with 4 recent diaries here with Rozbruch, the total price has been:

ShortLives - 55k
6feet - 50k
bigdreams - 75k
Tallerme - 40k

PAGrb490

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:39:19 AM »

thank you for sharing!

A female here as well

did you do femurs or tibia?

TIA

Tallerme

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »

One correction about cost - 
I actually paid 50k not 40k. This was just the first surgery. The rod removal was another 7k.

Johnson1111

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 01:53:46 AM »

What was the reason you were able to get such a discount?
Pages: [1]   Go Up