Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My failed attempt at starting an LL wikia 3 years ago  (Read 656 times)

Zeo

My failed attempt at starting an LL wikia 3 years ago
« on: May 03, 2018, 05:46:41 AM »

I actually had to go in and edit some things because I had "reputable surgeon" section with Guichet being the #1 on the list lol, I was definetely a lot less educated in general 3 years ago.

It was a good idea in theory but it just took so long and was so tedious that I got tired of it, it took me forever to just to figure out how to put that little bone on the top of the tab. On top of that there is just a ton of information on all aspects of LL that it would take a ridiculous amount of time to fill it the way I was envisioning it. If by chance anyone wants the thing it they can be the owner person

I am very proud how it came out aesthetically though, lol i got the theme/look from the always sunny in philadelphia wikia.

http://limb-lengthening.wikia.com/wiki/Limb_Lengthening_Wiki

This is still my favorite picture:

I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

myloginacct

Re: My failed attempt at starting an LL wikia 3 years ago
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:30:13 AM »

I discussed this subject with another member of the forum via PMs.

I felt that a centralized hub of accurate medical information about distraction osteogenesis and all its variables/risks was needed. We get people from Google here and most of them aren't willing to do proper research, search for old threads using archaic forum software, dig through hundreds of diaries and medical papers, etc. The culture of the forum also promotes "research elitism" ("no answers; do your own research"), but that's mostly due to the fact newbies keep making accounts and the same threads over and over (I was one of them too, even though I did try the search function before making threads). But maintaining such a website and keeping it up-to-date is too much of a responsibility. Someone will inevitably get crippled and will blame having learned about LL online too. I'd rather that it wasn't from my own website, and to not have to live with that weight. But that's just me and how I deal with things.

Android

Re: My failed attempt at starting an LL wikia 3 years ago
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »

I've seen that GIF! I saw it on this site that time forgot. A little disappointed that there isn't a hit counter.

Wikipedia has some articles like distraction osteogenesis, Ilizarov apparatus, intramedullary nails, and even TSF. The information is out there, but it's far from complete, and they're not easily found since they're not grouped together. Of course, not much is mentioned about cosmetic use either, which adds to the mystery.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up