Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any short guys realize this?  (Read 1283 times)

yogobro298

• Visitor
Any short guys realize this?
« on: May 11, 2018, 10:59:36 AM »

Im 5'7,so I realize my experience may vary alot compared to someone say 5'4.Anyways has anyone realized they can attract girls 5'1-5'4 pretty easily? I mean really short girls not average height girls.My last girlfriend was probably around 5'2 or 5'1. Maybe its me,but its something I'm noticing.However I do tend to focus on heights far too much.

myloginacct

Re: Any short guys realize this?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:30:02 AM »

No, you're right.

I've read studies that showed male height only increased in importance to the female participant as the female participant's own height got closer to the male figure used in the simulations. However, there's also societal conditioning, societal pressure, and supply and demand involved there. Even if a 4'11 woman can find a well-proportioned 5'2 guy hot, she may avoid any serious relationships with that guy simply because there's a big supply of 5'8+ males who meet all her criteria.

In Thailand, 40% of women are willing to date a 5'4 guy. In the US, that figure was around 10%. And this was extracted from online dating data. I suspect the figure is higher in Thailand and actually lower in the US.

Also, 5'7 is not short; it's just that a lot of people in Europe and in the US are taller and tall. I'm not American, so fxck that mentality where every height can get called short under 5'11. I will not abide by that. 5'7 is exactly the lowest end of the average for whites, and average in most other places outside of white North America, Europe, and Eastern Africa.

Great321

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:36:05 AM »

It's funny how we shorter guys (5'3) think we can be a lot more confident and successful being 5'7, at the same time 5'7 guys or even higher have the same problems ;D (not specifically addressed to you yogobro298)

I'll be happy with 5'7 because I'm not even an ethnic european, I would be average in my home country.

When I was younger (13-17) many girls were attracted to me (some were my height, some were slightly taller). I had no problem but at that time they were maybe hoping I would grow. I have to say that currently I have other things to do than looking for relationships which is why I didn't approach any girl for a few years but I wasn't approached either.

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:39:32 AM »

No, you're right.

I've read studies that showed male height only increased in importance to the female participant as the female participant's own height got closer to the male figure used in the simulations. However, there's also societal conditioning, societal pressure, and supply and demand involved there. Even if a 4'11 woman can find a well-proportioned 5'2 guy hot, she may avoid any serious relationships with that guy simply because there's a big supply of 5'8+ males who meet all her criteria.

In Thailand, 40% of women are willing to date a 5'4 guy. In the US, that figure was around 10%. And this was extracted from online dating data. I suspect the figure is higher in Thailand and actually lower in the US.

Also, 5'7 is not short; it's just that a lot of people in Europe and in the US are taller and tall. I'm not American, so fxck that mentality where every height can get called short under 5'11. I will not abide by that. 5'7 is exactly the lowest end of the average for whites, and average in most other places outside of white North America, Europe, and Eastern Africa.
Actually 5'7 is short,However my perception of whats short is alittle warped(Where I live everyone is 6'0 and at my job everyone is over 6'0) again my perception is alittle warped. I wish ll could take me to atleast 6'0 lol.

Also I don't care what anyone says someone say 5'6 will probably be seen as easy prey vs someone 6'0 no matter how you carry yourself.

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:52:06 AM »

Actually 5'7 is short,However my perception of whats short is alittle warped(Where I live everyone is 6'0 and at my job everyone is over 6'0) again my perception is alittle warped. I wish ll could take me to atleast 6'0 lol.

Also I don't care what anyone says someone say 5'6 will probably be seen as easy prey vs someone 6'0 no matter how you carry yourself.

In other words, it's your own subjective opinion due to where you live - not a measured comparison looking at objective height data from our species.

yogobro298

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »

In other words, it's your own subjective opinion due to where you live - not a measured comparison looking at objective height data from our species.
Where do you live and what does the height average around ?

ZUCC420

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 06:20:47 PM »

I agree 5'7 is short, hell I am 5'5 and 5'7 seems a few hairs above me that its barely noticeable. At 5'9 it becomes obvious probably because of bigger shoulders, arms/ legs etc.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

myloginacct

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »

I agree 5'7 is short, hell I am 5'5 and 5'7 seems a few hairs above me that its barely noticeable. At 5'9 it becomes obvious probably because of bigger shoulders, arms/ legs etc.

Weren't you 5'4? That's what I remember reading in posts from a few months ago.

And I'll agree/concede that 5'7 is short in the same way 5'8 is short. It's short for specific peoples and societies. My main point is that 5'7 still isn't at the same level as "short-short". Just look at male 5'7 celebrities and compare them to someone like Daniel Radcliffe.

I'd also like to add that perception of height is probably very distorted in the US. People are prone to lying about their height, and the Imperial system makes the leaps even bigger. Johnson here is 5'7, said he claims 5'9, and no one has called him out on it.

ZUCC420

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 07:01:46 PM »

It was a silly mistake lol, I measured wrongly. I am 164 cm/5'5", and I made sure to check standing besides my father who is 167 cm /5'6". In my country 5'7" is average but In the future I will live in the west where the average is 5'9 so I am pretty screwed If I don't atleast make it to 5'9.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

myloginacct

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »

It was a happy mistake lol, I measured wrongly. I am 164 cm/5'5", and I made sure to check standing besides my father who is 167 cm /5'6". In my country 5'7" is average but In the future I will live in the west where the average is 5'9 so I am pretty screwed If I don't atleast make it to 5'9.

Sorry to break it to you, but it depends entirely on where in the West you're gonna live. The average gets brought down in countries like the US because it's a country from immigrants all over the world. You'd still get towered by many white dudes in the US at 5'9, if that's a concern for you.

Depending on your answer, you'd not be safely average if you aren't at least 178cm.

And a 6cm difference definitely can't be described as seeming like just a "few hairs". Otherwise no one here who's 171~174cm would have height dysphoria/neurosis.

ZUCC420

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »

As long as I don't get treated differently because of my stature It's fine. In cm it sounds larger than it really is in my opinion, I think 2 inches are indiscernible. I have friends and family that are in the 5'7-5'10 range and have compared myself, above 5'7 it definitely becomes apparent who is bigger.

myloginacct

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »

As long as I don't get treated differently because of my stature It's fine. In cm it sounds larger than it really is in my opinion, I think 2 inches are indiscernible. I have friends and family that are in the 5'7-5'10 range and have compared myself, above 5'7 it definitely becomes apparent who is bigger.

That's because 2 inches is 5.08cm, so not exactly the same.

And perception of height is relative, as I'm sure you know. When you get taller, say, to 171cm, those 5'9/175cm guys won't look as big as they currently look to you.

Android

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 07:47:32 PM »

Sure, their attraction to you scales with your own height. Not all women have strict rules like "6 feet and up only." Many women like a man to be slightly taller even when she's wearing heels, so a 5" difference or so is desired. Those who don't wear heels very often have a lower threshold.

Here's a fun paper I ran into the other day, the effect of height difference on marriage happiness over time. Highlights:
  • We investigated whether women are happier with taller husbands.
  • We employed nationally representative Indonesian data.
  • A greater height difference in a couple was positively related to the wife's happiness.
  • This relationship entirely dissipated by 18 years of marital duration.
  • The long period of dissipation indicates a strong impact of male height on women.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

ZUCC420

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »

Yeah your right, perception can belie the real difference. Most of my insecurities arises from my own family members, my relatives are mostly tall at 5'9- 5'11, they have progressed while I regressed and so have become an outcast basically. I hope stemcell techonology for height comes in the next 10 years so that I can reach 5'10 with broad shoulders.

ZUCC420

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »

Lol this study reminds me of how my mother and her family have prejudice against short men, saying they are evil and deceitful. Ironically my mother married a short man but relative to the average and here I am. This is karma folks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up