Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5’10/5’11: How much can I safely lengthen? What risks am I taking?  (Read 865 times)

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

Hi, I’m a little over 180 cm when I first wake up and around 178 cm after lifting heavy weights and running (5’10-11, so 5’10.5 average). Height is important, and I value being attractive. Of course, I’m slightly above average height for the average US 20 year old male (I’m 19), but I want more. I don’t want to here moralizing on how “You’re already y’all enough”. There are people who make a 100k salary, but aren’t satisfied and want 1 million. This is kind of similar to that. I want to be a “tall man” in the 6’0-6’2 range after a long day of standing.

I know the safe limit is generally around 5 cm for most, but considering I’m taller than average, could I lengthen 6 or even 7 cm safely?

I want to be able to run and weight lift (including deadlift and squat) after the surgery and able to run too.

What are your thoughts? How much can I safely lengthen? What kind of recovery can I expect?

And bonus question: What’s the ideal evening height for a man? I think it’s 6’1.5
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:51:14 AM by Dat_Way123 »

Zeo

There are people who make a 100k salary, but aren’t satisfied and want 1 million. This is kind of similar to that.

This is not similar to that at all.

I don’t think you really want our honest opinions. I think you just want us to tell you what you want to hear.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Johnson1111

You are taking alot of risks financially, health-wise and time-wise.

You will never be the same athletically after 7cm. Also I don't see how you could afford LL at 19-20 unless your family is rich.

Every man in the world wants to be the ideal male everything: Height, Attractiveness etc.

Most are here and would go through hell amounts of pain, hundreds of thousands of dollars and multiple years recovery time just to end up a couple inches SHORTER than you. Count your blessings and not what you don't have.

I stand by my statements i've made before, LL at 5'11" is absolutely ridiculous.

"Height Neurosis" technically can exist at any height. Paley also pushes that so he can justify having more clients and making more money without having the morality of charging a 19 year old over one hundred thousand dollars to saw his leg bones in half be questioned.

Your self esteem is low and you care too much what other people think. This is the real root of your problems and not height as there is zero discrimination or problems with your height in the US. In fact you're taller than over 70% of men at 5'11".

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

@Zeo

Give me your honest opinion. I’m not even dead-set on this or anything like that. I just want to know how much I could safely lengthen and retain athletic ability. And I do believe it’s a similar concept because someone making 100k a year doesn’t need more money considering studies showing happiness peaks at ~70k.

So, how much could I safely lengthen w/o jeopardizing athleticism/safety? What kind of recovery could I expect?

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

@Johnson1111

Financially it shouldn’t be too much of a concern as long as I do it somewhere cheaper overseas.

I wouldn’t say my self-esteem is low at all, and I could not give any less of a log of poop what people think of me. It’s just a fact that you enjoy more advantages, social benefits, and dating privledges being over 6’0/1. That’s all. I’m not a virgin (I’ve had a darn good amount of sxx for someone my age), I have lots of friends, and I just see this as “life improvement” if you will. It’s the icing on the cake. I’m already tall enough to tell that if I were even 2 or so inches taller I would have way more social privlege and be considered a tall guy.

I’m 5’11 in the morning and about 5’10.25-.5 at night. Lengthening 5/6 cm take me from like ~60th percentile to at least 85th percentile minimum. That’s a huge jump.

If money is not an issue (which it isn’t too much of), how much could I safely lengthen w/on problems lifting weights and running later?

Johnson1111

@Johnson1111

Financially it shouldn’t be too much of a concern as long as I do it somewhere cheaper overseas.

I wouldn’t say my self-esteem is low at all, and I could not give any less of a log of poop what people think of me. It’s just a fact that you enjoy more advantages, social benefits, and dating privledges being over 6’0/1. That’s all. I’m not a virgin (I’ve had a darn good amount of sxx for someone my age), I have lots of friends, and I just see this as “life improvement” if you will. It’s the icing on the cake. I’m already tall enough to tell that if I were even 2 or so inches taller I would have way more social pro ledge and be considered a tall guy.

I’m 5’11 in the morning and about 5’10.25-.5 at night. Lengthening 5/6  take me from like ~60th percentile to at least 85th percentile minimum. That’s a huge jump.

If money is not an issue (which it isn’t too much of), how much could I safely lengthen w/on problems lifting weights and running later?

If you do it somewhere cheap overseas you're at a significantly higher risk of getting complications. The doctors out of the US simply aren't as good. There is also malpractice law that is non existent in 3rd world countries with cheaper surgery prices. In the US they're extra careful with you.

There are plenty of failed logs from people here who are destroyed for life or paying tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to get their problems fixed in the US. You should read through them. If you get to that point, the US doctors will bury you into debt to fix your problems + years of time wasted.

If your intention for lengthening is for social improvement you may not even end up finishing the full lengthening as it's a painful, long process which requires alot of mental strength and toughness.

If your insistent on wanting to get this done: Take a look at this

This is a common lengthening technique (LON) that is performed for your budget in 3rd world countries ~25k not including staying for lengthening process, international VISA for extended stay, food etc. And this is being done by one of the considered "better" doctors overseas.

Imagine if you can see yourself getting this done for "social improvement" and gratification from others that you may or may not get from a few extra CM of height.

Something tells me that while you're looking at the wall of your curry scented guest house in India after 200 days of having sawed bones and rods through your legs, with your X-rays saying that your bones may not be growing back and they might have to preform a bone graft on you..that you may have questioned the decision you made, and things might've not been so bad after all.

Just think it through and weigh all the pros and the cons. Maybe write them down to really see. Start on the cons side with the potential complications.

That is all sir best wishes to you either way

Android

Limb lengthening isn't much like other cosmetic surgeries due to its affect on core function of body mechanics. It's less of a purchase, more of a trade. Less magic lamp, more monkey's paw.

If you value aesthetics over function, do some more research and save up. If you like to play sports and push yourself at the gym, I would reconsider your options. Odds of returning back to 100% is uncommon.

The safe limit is up to 20% of your initial bone length.

Recovery will be long and slow, just like everyone else.

The bonus question makes me think this post was made in jest.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

The risk you'll have are the same of any LL'er.
The benefits of LL are much reduced at your height. So the risks prevail by far at your case.

And no, you cant lengthen more safely because you are average.
Maybe you can lengthen 1cm more that an 5.4 man without much risks but even that has more to do with sft tissue flexibility than initial height.
Plus, it is really stupid to push your body at max while you already have a good height.

Anyway, your body wont be the same after LL and you'll see it in your everyday life. At least, stay close to 5cm on tibias or 6 to femurs to have the best results, otherwise you are going to damage your athletic abilities for 1-2 extra cm that wont matter at all for your height.

myloginacct

Asks for advice while give condescending remarks. Couldn't be more of a typical 19 year old American. Also completely unaware of the userbase here.

I hope you can get those benefits from LL.

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

@Johnson1111

Yeah, that video scared the crap out of me. I would love to be 2-3 inches taller, but I don’t think that I want to that bad. Hopefully I can squeeze out a few cm by 25 instead. I’m leaning much more towards not doing it now.

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

@Android

Thank you for your response. I’ll do more research, and if I do go ahead with it then I’d never go above 5-6 cm.

And no, this post was not made in jest. Despite what my shorter brothers may think, just because someone is average/slightly above doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t want to be taller. I just genuinely am curious about height and it’s affect on human social dynamics.

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

@Body Builder

So at my height, 6 cm would be the safe limit? Just what kind of reduced capacity are we talking about at a 5-6 cm lengthening?

Odds are I won’t go through, but I’m just curious at this point.

Thank you for your response.

Dat_Way123

• Visitor

@myloginacct

What did I say in way that was condescending, sir? Perhaps you misinterpreted my tone because we are communicating through text.

Also, do you not realize you seem a tad bit foolish baselessly calling a teenager you don’t know online condescending while proceeding to respond with condescension towards another individual and an entire nation?

And I’m sorry if I offended the user base here somehow, I’m new here and don’t know the faux pas.

Android

And no, this post was not made in jest. Despite what my shorter brothers may think, just because someone is average/slightly above doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t want to be taller. I just genuinely am curious about height and it’s affect on human social dynamics.

Gotcha. I just thought it was overly specific to desire a height down to half an inch, specifying evening height. Most people don't even know that our heights can fluctuate throughout the day, so I don't even think about it. Don't get caught up too much in the numbers game, it'll drive you mad.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

n37r0

A bit of a late reply but I like responding to things so here goes.

"And bonus question: What’s the ideal evening height for a man? I think it’s 6’1.5"

That's purely subjective. Here in Australia the average height for a white male is about 5'9/10. When I was in highschool last year, only a handful of students were above >6ft (out of 150 students) i'd say only 12-15 were about 6'. But that's because we were all 17-18. Maybe, some will grow taller. don't exactly know...

I'm on the same boat as you, I'm around your height 5'10 and I wanna purely do LL for the aesthetic reasons. I don't know if I'll grow another inch from now till 20 (i'm 18 atm).

But judging by the video I just watched... I think I'm better off saving my hardearned cash, I'll probably invest it in something else that's pretty aesthetic (green eyes with brightocular or something, idk atm I'm just a first year uni student)... but yeah, I get what you mean, it would be nice to join the 6'0/1 club.
Height:5'10.5/179cm.
Desired height:6'0 or 6'1
Braces correct crap teeth, LL corrects crap height
Pages: [1]   Go Up