Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeans size after 2x LL?  (Read 871 times)

tlannister

Jeans size after 2x LL?
« on: May 23, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »

I was shopping for jeans 29x30 (29 inches width and 30 inches length) and had a random thought.

Apotheosis/SysOp did two LLs and added in total 8 inches to his legs.

Lets just say he wore 34x30 and after LL he needs pants in the size 34x38 ?

None of the online stores sell over 36 inches.

Does it mean Apo is buying "plus size" / big-man clothes?

LAGrowin

Re: Jeans size after 2x LL?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:06:36 PM »

I was shopping for jeans 29x30 (29 inches width and 30 inches length) and had a random thought.

Apotheosis/SysOp did two LLs and added in total 8 inches to his legs.

Lets just say he wore 34x30 and after LL he needs pants in the size 34x38 ?

None of the online stores sell over 36 inches.

Does it mean Apo is buying "plus size" / big-man clothes?

I just finished 7 cm on femurs, have been cleared to weighbear, and I'm having that issue now.

I'm trying to figure out my new length. You would think it would be my old 30" length plus 2.75", but it doesn't work out that way.  I think my new length will be about 31.5, which of course means I'll be buying 32s and hemming.

Since I've lost my butt and muscle in and around my hips temporarily, I think once the muscle fills in again it may take me up to 32" length.  We will see.

Curious to see what others have experienced.

short2tall

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:46:31 PM »

After seeing this thread I went and tried on my old 32x32 jeans. Amazingly they seemed to fit just fine! Very odd. However they were a little bit too long for me before. I think I was actually a 31 length pre-surgery, but that's not always an easy size to find.
   LAGrowin is definitely right about the glutes, hips, and thighs helping to fill out the jeans. I think once I gain those back, they will lift the bottom of the pants up and I may need a 33 at that point. I think we may also subconsciously be trying to wear them a little lower on our hips than before, to make the torso look longer. That might explain another 1/2" or so.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

LAGrowin

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »

After seeing this thread I went and tried on my old 32x32 jeans. Amazingly they seemed to fit just fine! Very odd. However they were a little bit too long for me before. I think I was actually a 31 length pre-surgery, but that's not always an easy size to find.
   LAGrowin is definitely right about the glutes, hips, and thighs helping to fill out the jeans. I think once I gain those back, they will lift the bottom of the pants up and I may need a 33 at that point. I think we may also subconsciously be trying to wear them a little lower on our hips than before, to make the torso look longer. That might explain another 1/2" or so.

Yes, I agree short2tall, subconsciously that may be the case.  I am sure once your glutes and upper legs fill in,  your current pants will come up another 3/4" to 1". 

Best to wait on buying much new clothes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up