Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meeting up with KiloKAHN  (Read 1671 times)

Android

Meeting up with KiloKAHN
« on: May 26, 2018, 02:01:47 AM »

Met up with LAGrowin and short2tall recently, wasn't aware that KiloKAHN was a local in Los Angeles as well! So we made plans via PM and met up today.

Found a coffee shop between where we live. Yesterday KiloKAHN asked: "How will I know which is you?" Great question, all I had to do last time was show up early and look for two guys that I could outrun. Described what I was going to wear and we decided on a time.

We sat down in a semi-private hallway inside the coffee shop and got to talking. He showed me his surgery scars, which were easy to spot on his fair skin. Scars were slightly fainter and leg hairs hid them a bit too. He said that most don't ask, but if they're really curious, he tells them he was pinned by a taxi.

He looked totally natural by the way, wouldn't know that he had any surgery done. His gait was perfect.

As we all know, he's very knowledgeable and passionate about the limb lengthening procedure itself. I'm sure it's a big contributor as to why he's still active on the forums today, years after his procedure, as many veterans seem to leave the forums after recovery.

We've both been to India, so we talked a bit about our adventures. We both had stories that restored our faith in humanity while there, like when he forgot his laptop in a taxi and got it back. I once forgot my passport in a hotel, got it back too! He mentioned that the hotel experience was a good one, that it was very helpful to have people who can help you during the first few weeks.

Dr. Parihar according to him is professional and straight to the point, especially when you first meet him. During consultation, he will ask questions and listen to you very carefully without judgement. He noted that he will warm up to you eventually, and Dr. Parihar even joked that he should charge separately for the weight loss that KiloKAHN experienced during his journey.

He said that the increased height has given him a confidence boost, that he feels average in height. "Short" is no longer a part of his identity. He has no issues approaching tall women either.

Like he mentioned here, he said that even though Dr. Mahboubian is just around the corner, he'd probably go back to Dr. Parihar if he ever wants to lengthen his femurs. Cost and convenience aside, he's comfortable with Dr. Parihar and have had success with him after all. I would feel the same if I was in his shoes.

He mentioned how his mom was in the loop for his surgery, and how she then mentioned it to some of her friends and family. Although he meant it to be a secret, the news came back to him, with some asking what, when, where, etc. I have a similar experience as well, since my mom has shared my future plans to a select few people; but you have to brace yourself for potential leakage! At the same time, it's important to have a few people that you can talk to during the journey, as you'll be struggling with not only pain but also solitude. Having a support group is vital.

I told him my CLL plans and he shared some insight on what to expect. He was very collected and helpful on many levels.

It was great meeting KiloKAHN, it was like meeting a celebrity since he's a staple in this community! Like I mentioned in the previous meetup thread, I highly recommend meeting up with fellow LLers if you can manage it.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

LAGrowin

Re: Meeting up with KiloKAHN
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 03:23:32 AM »

Glad you both got to meet Android. Invaluable for sure.  Good to hear KiloKAHN is back to normal in terms of gait.

Cheers!

Android

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 07:38:34 AM »

Thanks LAGrowin! Yeah, it's been great meeting veterans in different stages of recovery, and different methods too. It's fun to think that fellow CLLers are closer than you think. Really is a small world.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 09:14:58 AM »

I'm glad you guys had a great time.

Honore

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »

Dear Android, KiloKAHN, LAGrowin and short2tall,

Thank you so much for setting up this meetings and sharing with this forum.. real life stories (with a positive outcome) are very important to make a final (prob the most important) decision.. I will definitely add "coffee in LA with Android" to my CLL todo list

short2tall

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 09:54:31 PM »

Android, that's great you got to meet up with another vet! I hope all of this helps you on your own journey.

Dear Android, KiloKAHN, LAGrowin and short2tall,

Thank you so much for setting up this meetings and sharing with this forum.. real life stories (with a positive outcome) are very important to make a final (prob the most important) decision.. I will definitely add "coffee in LA with Android" to my CLL todo list

Feel free to reach out to any of us, I've got nothing but time on my hands these days . . .
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

Penguinn

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 10:09:46 PM »

Kilo was a huge help in my journey. His was the only Parihar diary on the forum before mine, and even though we did separate segments and methods, reading his experience was what gave me confidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up