Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Study from Pakistan says that Cannabis makes you short  (Read 779 times)

Canon

Study from Pakistan says that Cannabis makes you short
« on: May 27, 2019, 05:58:40 PM »

Hi guys!

Find this article that says this: When you smoke Cannabis in your adolescence you will end up 4 inches shorter than others due to hormone problems. Scientist have found this allegedly out but I highly doubt this. If that was true, how can the Dutch people be tallest in the world? They have had simple access to Cannabis for decades, so people wold have been very short by now. Furthermore Cannabis makes you sleepy and hungry which leads to more sleep and more food. This would in my opinion lead to more height gain.

This is the article:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11613107/Boys-who-smoke-cannabis-are-four-inches-shorter.html

GrowTow

Re: Study from Pakistan says that Cannabis makes you short
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 06:36:28 PM »

Sounds like bs to me.

But not for the reasons you state, Marijuana being legal in the Netherlands is misleading, there are several other countries with a higher % of marijuana users. Just because it's legal doesn't mean they're all living Rastafarian lifestyles.

Secondly, yes, Marijuana often makes you sleepy and hungry but I can't think of a single possible way of how anyone can determine the height differences between Marijuana and non Marijuana users. It'll probably be something we have to wait 20 years for, for America to find out as they actually have a good population to survey.

But IMO I highly doubt Marijuana does anything to your height. Still isn't good for you though.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Canon

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:15:23 PM »

They allegedly did blood tests and searched for growth hormones. They did this for 5 years and came to the conclusion that cannabis users were approximately 5 inches shorter.

Canon

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 04:47:13 AM »

Does anyone know heavy cannabis users in younger years that have grown tall?

I myself have smoked cannabis and have reached 185. maybe without i would have reached more than 190.

GrowTow

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 09:08:36 AM »

Literally everyone around me has been smoking weed since they were 13-14. Everyone grew up normal.

Canon

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »

Are there any other opinions on this topic? Furthermore how can the Dutch be the tallest? It doesn't make sense to me.

GrowTow

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 01:11:28 PM »

Are there any other opinions on this topic? Furthermore how can the Dutch be the tallest? It doesn't make sense to me.

Like I said already, Dutch people are not Marijuana users. Just because it is legal doesn't mean they're all potheads. The Netherlands is not even in the top 20 highest Marijuana users. So there is no relevance. Also the countries that smoke the most weed are Iceland and USA, both countries are tall.

zlRadamanthys

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »

Personally, I agree with what Growtow says, when cannabis is legal, it has a counterproductive effect and reduces consumption in the population.

I am from a country in South America, I tried marijuana at 13 years old (I had a late development) since at that age I only average about 156, then I started to smoke more often and my target height should be 175 cm. Since my father is 170 cm and my mother is 166 cm, I stopped growing as I was 17 years old at 169 cm to 170 cm. I inherited everything from my father, I have the simian line in my hand, short fingers and hands like my father and grandfather (my request is only 25 cm and my hand is 17.5 cm) but it is because of the length of my fingers Anyway I had to pass the threshold of 170cm since my grandfather only had 161 cm and my father surpassed it by 9 cm, possibly the drugs affected me but my biggest mistake was letting myself be carried away by the bad influences and not looking to occupy my time in Sports like basketball or swimming. My food was not the best and my dream was about 6 hours every day for playing video games, I never really worry about my height until I was 20 years old, which I regret because I'm sure I could have grown more .

An important fact is that my consumer friends also grew but not much, the majority does not exceed 178 cm there are other extreme cases where some do not even reach 162 cm but these consume other stronger drugs such as cocaine, alcohol and others that affect the dream.

An important fact is that my consumer friends also grew but not much, the majority does not exceed 178 cm there are other extreme cases where some do not even reach 162 cm but these consume other stronger drugs such as cocaine, alcohol and others that affect the dream.
Morning height: 170-171 cm
Night height: 169cm - 168cm
Inseam: 80 cm
Winspan: 178 cm
My objetive is: 6,5 or 7 cm

YungGud

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 05:20:31 PM »

For sure drugs, smoking and alcohol can affect your height but if you do it very often, also genetic lottery take some place in this game
An example, some friend of mine start smoking and drinking alcohol at the age of 14, and... He is 6 ft 3
His parents aren't tall
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)
Pages: [1]   Go Up