Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opinions on my proportions?  (Read 1092 times)

FutureManuteBol

opinions on my proportions?
« on: June 08, 2019, 04:24:06 PM »

I have taken pictures of myself. I have nobody to do this for me sadly, so I propped it up about 6-8 feet away from at about hip level. I did my best to make sure the phone wasn't tilted, but it's not perfect. I don't know how much of an effect it can have. It was very small angle if anything. I want to do 5-5.5 cms on my femur. All the measurements that I have self-measured and have posted before have told me it would be fine, but I need to know what the eye test says.

If anybody could please make some mock-ups of 5.5 cms on my femur, it would be much appreciated.

First one was head on

Second one is taken from the side

All honest feedback welcome

GrowTow

Re: opinions on my proportions?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 04:28:37 PM »

I can't do mock ups but your tibias look very very very short compared to the rest of your body, your legs in general in fact.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »

ah, I feared that possibility. I was really pulling for doing femurs instead of tibias since internal stryde femurs seem to have the best outcome on this forum. It's funny because I self-measured my tibia to be 12.5 inches in comparison to my 14-inch femurs, which gives me a ratio of .89 inches, perfect for femur lengthening. I'm sure that my self measuring has a lot of error in it or the picture is in fact slightly distorted. The final word on my tibia and femur will definitely be when I get a paley consultation and get x-rays to give the true length of each bone.

I knew my legs were a bit short for my body, but I started second guessing that lately. Again final say will be x-ray measurements.

The one thing I don't like about tibias is that it seems internal methods lag behind external methods due to the risk of permanent knee pain associated with internals as opposed to externals.

I believe the safe limit for tibia lengthening is 4cm, correct?

177cmm

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »

5.5 cm for tibia... u will Look funny and feminine when u will lengthen femur...

What is ur ethnicity?

FutureManuteBol

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 06:26:38 PM »

'feminine'?

Are long femurs considered feminine now? That's a new one to me.

isn't 5.5 cms a lot for tibias? I personally feel like this surgery isn't worth it for less than 2 solid inches, but I also don't want to push my limits.

I don't know why ethnicity matters, but I'm Mexican
Pages: [1]   Go Up