Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Full 8cm  (Read 4584 times)

Painistemporary

• Visitor
Full 8cm
« on: June 21, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

Hello Everyone
I am currently close to 2 months post op for internal femurs with the precise nail. As of today I’m at 5.2 cm along. I’m aiming for the full 8cm which I’m 3 weeks away from. I did my procedure in the States but I flew back to my home state after 2 weeks post op and probably not going to see my doctor till the nail removal in the future. As far as issues I’m currently having, my range of motion isn’t that great, I can’t walk with straight knees, they’re slightly blended. I’m pretty tight in the hamstrings and glutes, also I’m having a bit of numbness in my right leg (which the doctor said was normal). My knees don’t bend that far either. Anyways as far as all these issues go, I’m not worried much about them, I’m doing my PT and stretching and have faith once I’m done with the distraction phase I’ll improve drastically. I don’t really have much pain, but the discomfort never leaves. I’m a very patient person so I’m sure I can grind out another 3 weeks and get to 8cm, I’m sure it’ll worsen my range of motion and extension/bending of the knee, but I’m confident of getting that back after the distraction. This question is for the veterans of the community. What determined whether or not you were able to do the full 8cm or even 7.6cm? Was it because the doctor told you (because thats not really convenient for me to fly out 2000+ miles) or was it because you just were tired of lengthening? Or lack of range of motion? What signs am I supposed to be looking for?
Thank you

PANDA:BEAR..

Re: Full 8cm
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 05:38:04 PM »

Hey ... congratulations on your surgery.. can please tell us ... how old you are and who did your surgery....

Thanks Panda : 8)

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:04:38 PM »

Hello Everyone
I am currently close to 2 months post op for internal femurs with the precise nail. As of today I’m at 5.2 cm along. I’m aiming for the full 8cm which I’m 3 weeks away from. I did my procedure in the States but I flew back to my home state after 2 weeks post op and probably not going to see my doctor till the nail removal in the future. As far as issues I’m currently having, my range of motion isn’t that great, I can’t walk with straight knees, they’re slightly blended. I’m pretty tight in the hamstrings and glutes, also I’m having a bit of numbness in my right leg (which the doctor said was normal). My knees don’t bend that far either. Anyways as far as all these issues go, I’m not worried much about them, I’m doing my PT and stretching and have faith once I’m done with the distraction phase I’ll improve drastically. I don’t really have much pain, but the discomfort never leaves. I’m a very patient person so I’m sure I can grind out another 3 weeks and get to 8cm, I’m sure it’ll worsen my range of motion and extension/bending of the knee, but I’m confident of getting that back after the distraction. This question is for the veterans of the community. What determined whether or not you were able to do the full 8cm or even 7.6cm? Was it because the doctor told you (because thats not really convenient for me to fly out 2000+ miles) or was it because you just were tired of lengthening? Or lack of range of motion? What signs am I supposed to be looking for?
Thank you

Hi Pain! I stopped at 7.5/6 because 3 inches was good enough for me and the tightness felt very uncomfortable for me at that point.  Would help to see a picture of the knee bending to get an idea of how tight the hamstrings have gotten. Do you have any "anterior pelvic tilt?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:55:31 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Painistemporary

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 07:47:51 PM »

Hey ... congratulations on your surgery.. can please tell us ... how old you are and who did your surgery....

Thanks Panda : 8)

Hey Panda I’m 20 years old and Dr. Mahboubian

otavio

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 07:50:37 PM »

How tall is you?

otavio

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 07:51:35 PM »

I think the same as you, this surgery is pricey , so why not get all height from it?

Painistemporary

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »

Hi Pain! I stopped at 7.5/6 because 3 inches was good enough for me and the tightness felt very uncomfortable for me at that point.  Would help to see a picture of the knee bending to get an idea of how tight the hamstrings have gotten. Do you have any "duck ass?"

First off, I want to thank IFS so much because he’s been always such a great help. Every time I PM’ed him and asked questions he answered with great detail and loves helping others. He truly has a great heart.
So I can continue to 8cm even if my knees aren’t bending and extending much, if I can tolerate the pain?  Yes, a picture would be great if you don’t mind. Also can you please clarify exactly what “duck ass” means, I read a lot about it but never really knew what it meant.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »

First off, I want to thank IFS so much because he’s been always such a great help. Every time I PM’ed him and asked questions he answered with great detail and loves helping others. He truly has a great heart.
So I can continue to 8cm even if my knees aren’t bending and extending much, if I can tolerate the pain?  Yes, a picture would be great if you don’t mind. Also can you please clarify exactly what “duck ass” means, I read a lot about it but never really knew what it meant.

... IFS, is certainly a good man .. his advice is very valuable.. I think you can hit your target of 8cm ... listen to your body and take it slow and steady.. please keep us all updated..

Panda  8)

Kenda

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »

hi PainisTemporary,
so first of all, you did precice not stryde, right ?
second of all, Dr mahoubian , oh well , can you reflect exactly how experienced and professional this Dr is, thjeres something about him that really puts me off!!
did he do IT Band on you?

InFullStryde

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 01:43:45 AM »

Hi Pain,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to assist.   "Duck Ass" is the street name for something called "Anterior Pelvic Tilt".  As you lengthen, the quadriceps muscles pull down on the pelvis causing it to tilt forward a bit.  Unfortunately, I experienced this. Luckily, about 2.5 months post lengthening, my APT is a lot better; but still have some time and work to go before it's gone back to normal.   I was wondering if you had experienced this at all.  Also, are you attending PT and have they provided any feedback for you on your condition?
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Painistemporary

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 08:13:02 AM »

Hi Pain,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to assist.   "Duck Ass" is the street name for something called "Anterior Pelvic Tilt".  As you lengthen, the quadriceps muscles pull down on the pelvis causing it to tilt forward a bit.  Unfortunately, I experienced this. Luckily, about 2.5 months post lengthening, my APT is a lot better; but still have some time and work to go before it's gone back to normal.   I was wondering if you had experienced this at all.  Also, are you attending PT and have they provided any feedback for you on your condition?

Yes I definitely have Duck ass, I’ve actually had it for quite some time now. I thought I was the only one who had this effect. I am attending PT, and I'm doing okay. My range of motion is not getting any better because I’m still lengthening but it’s not getting worse I believe. So as far as achieving the full 8cm, I am able to do so as long as I can tolerate the pain/tightness, regardless of how bad my range of motion may be ?

Painistemporary

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 08:15:05 AM »

hi PainisTemporary,
second of all, Dr mahoubian , oh well , can you reflect exactly how experienced and professional this Dr is, thjeres something about him that really puts me off!!

Dr. M is great, and yes he did IT band release .

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »

Dr M... is a really good doctor.. you are in safe hands

Panda 8)

InFullStryde

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2019, 07:05:13 PM »

hi PainisTemporary,
second of all, Dr mahoubian , oh well , can you reflect exactly how experienced and professional this Dr is, there's something about him that really puts me off!!

Dr. M is legit.  I'm 3 inches taller and walking satisfactory after only 4 to 5 months. I was actually walking decently after only 2 weeks post lengthening. 

He is professional, kind, and readily available to serve his patients.  With Dr. M, I saved nearly $30 to 40,000 vs the other 2 doctors, I was able to lengthen in the safety, privacy, and comfort of my own home AND I got to pick my physical therapist.   

You can't go wrong with Dr. M.  My life is completely changed for the better now and I'm so grateful that he took the time to operate on me in an expert manner. I had absolutely zero complications from nail insertion.   Another thing that Dr. M did that was so helpful was to motivate me and encourage me to go further. I was honestly ready to consider ending the procedure after only 2 inches because I was very tight and uncomfortable.  Dr. M evaluated me and based on my flexibility, my walking ability, and my overall physique he told me that he believed that 7.5 cm would be a great number for me to strive for. He didn't placate my feelings. He flat out said "I think 7.5 is a really good goal for you. "  That small word of encouragement and advice from the expert is why I have 3 more inches rather than just 2.    I appreciate this Doctor very much and I'm thrilled to see his rise to success.   

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:31:39 PM by InFullStryde »

Activatedx

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2019, 08:04:49 PM »

Dr. M is legit.  I'm 3 inches taller and walking satisfactory after only 4 to 5 months. I was actually walking decently after only 2 weeks post lengthening. 

He is professional, kind, and readily available to serve his patients.  With Dr. M, I saved nearly $30 to 40,000 vs the other 2 doctors, I was able to lengthen in the safety, privacy, and comfort of my own home AND I got to pick my physical therapist.   

You can't go wrong with Dr. M.  My life is completely changed for the better now and I'm so grateful that he took the time to operate on me in an expert manner. I had absolutely zero complications from nail insertion.   Another thing that Dr. M did that was so helpful was to motivate me and encourage me to go further. I was honestly ready to consider ending the procedure after only 2 inches because I was very tight and uncomfortable.  Dr. M evaluated me and based on my flexibility, my walking ability, and my overall physique he told me that he believed that 7.5 cm would be a great number for me to strive for. He didn't placate my feelings. He flat out said "I think 7.5 is a really good goal for you. "  That small word of encouragement and advice from the expert is why I have 3 more inches rather than just 2.    I appreciate this Doctor very much and I'm thrilled to see his rise to success.

He lets you lengthen at home?

InFullStryde

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

He lets you lengthen at home?

Yes, meaning -  you don't have to be local in order to participate in CLL with him. 

Activatedx

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 09:17:05 PM »

Yes, meaning -  you don't have to be local in order to participate in CLL with him.

How did you find a PT that was good enough for CLL?

InFullStryde

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 09:25:00 PM »

How did you find a PT that was good enough for CLL?

Good question. The main thing that is valuable for CLL PT is to perform both strengthening and stretching exercises for the hamstrings and quadriceps including the glutes (plus hip flexors).  Additionally, the PT can help with special massage therapy.    You should stretch 2 to 3 times a day and visit a formal PT for massage 3 times a week during the lengthening phase and I believe an additional 3 - 4 months or even more post lengthening. 

CLL PT isn't specialized; its just understanding and knowing which muscles need to be stretched and strengthened in order to recover.

Activatedx

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 09:44:35 PM »

Good question. The main thing that is valuable for CLL PT is to perform both strengthening and stretching exercises for the hamstrings and quadriceps including the glutes (plus hip flexors).  Additionally, the PT can help with special massage therapy.    You should stretch 2 to 3 times a day and visit a formal PT for massage 3 times a week during the lengthening phase and I believe an additional 3 - 4 months or even more post lengthening. 

CLL PT isn't specialized; its just understanding and knowing which muscles need to be stretched and strengthened in order to recover.

What state do you live in if you don’t mind me asking

I live in Texas and will be doing stryde with mahboubian around this coming March or April

I wanted to meet one of his healed cll patients in person before I commit to him

jaybam

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 10:56:07 PM »

What state do you live in if you don’t mind me asking

I live in Texas and will be doing stryde with mahboubian around this coming March or April

I wanted to meet one of his healed cll patients in person before I commit to him

Weren’t you also looking at Dr D? What made you go with Dr M?

Activatedx

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2019, 12:43:13 AM »

Weren’t you also looking at Dr D? What made you go with Dr M?

I’m probably going to do stryde with M and TSF with G.
Of course this isn’t 100% my decision but it’s pretty much set in my mind,
Thing is mahboubian is in USA and offers interest free financing through carecredit. I’d end up paying 3k a month for two years. I have majority of the money to pay for it but I’d rather finance if it’s interest free anyways.  Secondly I’d save about 25k going with mahboubian but then I’d have to stay and pay for lodging and plane tickets etc, which means I wouldn’t save much of a difference between the two for stryde. I’d rather be in my own country if the difference in price isn’t big.
Lastly giotikas doesn’t have many diaries that are internal nails, only tsf he has good diaries, Mahboubian has few positive diaries with stryde 

However for TSF mahboubian charges 70k which is a joke... I’d save 45k going to G
 god willing if stryde goes well for me I’d go to Greece 6-7 months post op to do tibias

I try not to think about it because after watching videos out of curiosity (which you shouldn’t do) it makes me scared thinking they’ll be drilling in my bones, but fk it rather face my fears than be short. Everything else in my life is great this is my only real problem in life really..

But all of us on this forum should thank God we still healthy and alive, some of us are too negative, stature is an insecurity you shouldn’t let it control you

If you guys are curious how I saved up, I own my own business and save a lot of my income, I make decent money, I don’t have kids or bills except for rent car insurance food etc.

jaybam

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2019, 02:08:33 AM »

Thing is mahboubian is in USA and offers interest free financing through carecredit. I’d end up paying 3k a month for two years. I have majority of the money to pay for it but I’d rather finance if it’s interest free anyways.  Secondly I’d save about 25k going with mahboubian but then I’d have to stay and pay for lodging and plane tickets etc, which means I wouldn’t save much of a difference between the two for stryde. I’d rather be in my own country if the difference in price isn’t big.
Lastly giotikas doesn’t have many diaries that are internal nails, only tsf he has good diaries, Mahboubian has few positive diaries with stryde 

However for TSF mahboubian charges 70k which is a joke... I’d save 45k going to G
 god willing if stryde goes well for me I’d go to Greece 6-7 months post op to do tibias

I try not to think about it because after watching videos out of curiosity (which you shouldn’t do) it makes me scared thinking they’ll be drilling in my bones, but fk it rather face my fears than be short. Everything else in my life is great this is my only real problem in life really..

But all of us on this forum should thank God we still healthy and alive, some of us are too negative, stature is an insecurity you shouldn’t let it control you

If you guys are curious how I saved up, I own my own business and save a lot of my income, I make decent money, I don’t have kids or bills except for rent car insurance food etc.

Awesome man. I’m the same way - everything in my life is good except I’m short. I’ll be doing stryde next week with Dr. D. I’m nervous but really excited!

Activatedx

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2019, 03:04:43 AM »

Awesome man. I’m the same way - everything in my life is good except I’m short. I’ll be doing stryde next week with Dr. D. I’m nervous but really excited!

Who’s doctor d?

jaybam

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2019, 04:34:04 AM »

Who’s doctor d?

Dr. Debiparshad. He’s an LL surgeon in Las Vegas.

Activatedx

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019, 07:07:35 AM »

Dr. Debiparshad. He’s an LL surgeon in Las Vegas.

Wish the best for you, why did you choose dr d? Just curious

jaybam

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »

Wish the best for you, why did you choose dr d? Just curious

Harvard trained and has written papers with Paley. I’m in the west coast so it made the most sense.

Kenda

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »

1) what type of business exactly do u own, just curious?
2) what are u talking about, Dr M isnt cheaper than Dr D ! Both of them are the same exact price 75k, so why not pick limbplastx ? Did u do online consultations with some Drs?

3) how many years did it take u to save up for this surgery ?

Activatedx

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2019, 09:31:50 PM »

1) what type of business exactly do u own, just curious?
2) what are u talking about, Dr M isnt cheaper than Dr D ! Both of them are the same exact price 75k, so why not pick limbplastx ? Did u do online consultations with some Drs?

3) how many years did it take u to save up for this surgery ?

I don’t really share personal details just in case and Dr D didn’t have any diaries until very recently. I didn’t say anyone was cheaper, I was talking about TSf with giotikas compared to mahboubian. Mahboubian has a lot of diaries so far. Plus depirshad (however it’s spelled)  made an idiotic comment in his video saying he lengthening his 5’4 coworker 6 inches which is retarded. Everyone knows maximum safe limit 5-5 1/2. To do 8cm on tibia is idiotic and that’s what he implied he did.

Lastly I really never saved up for the surgery. I’ve just been working hard all my life. I had a lot of fun too but since the age of 14-15 I’ve learned to manage and flip money and save. I didn’t know LL existed until about last year. I’ve always saved my money just to save and invest in inventory etc. I’ll be 22 this coming months and I feel I want to do this as early as possible to enjoy it the rest of my youth. I don’t want to be 30 or 40 and do LL

InFullStryde

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2019, 09:56:40 PM »

I don’t really share personal details just in case and Dr D didn’t have any diaries until very recently. I didn’t say anyone was cheaper, I was talking about TSf with giotikas compared to mahboubian. Mahboubian has a lot of diaries so far. Plus depirshad (however it’s spelled)  made an idiotic comment in his video saying he lengthening his 5’4 coworker 6 inches which is retarded. Everyone knows maximum safe limit 5-5 1/2. To do 8cm on tibia is idiotic and that’s what he implied he did.

Lastly I really never saved up for the surgery. I’ve just been working hard all my life. I had a lot of fun too but since the age of 14-15 I’ve learned to manage and flip money and save. I didn’t know LL existed until about last year. I’ve always saved my money just to save and invest in inventory etc. I’ll be 22 this coming months and I feel I want to do this as early as possible to enjoy it the rest of my youth. I don’t want to be 30 or 40 and do LL

Earlier the better! 

21FRANCO

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »

Wait so Dr Debiparshad also does cosmetic LL?

Ghostfish

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 01:10:48 AM »

Hi Activatedx
I just want to make a comment on 6 inches.  In fact, this is possible in a relatively safe way.  Dr. Paley offers this too. How?  You lengthened first time about 4-5 cm in femurs and tibias using Precice or Stryde nails both of which extension limit is 8 cm, and wait to recover another a year or so.  And you can rebreak bones to lengthen upto 8 cm in both or one segments.  Actually, many other doctors offer this method, meaning that as long as you have internal nails, you can rebreak bones to lengthen again.  This is much safer than lengthening 8 cm in both segments at once.  Of course, you need to pay additional money and time to lengthen again but it is doable at least.  I've met a couple of people who did this way and gained 15-16 cm in total, when I was in Paley institute.  They looked pretty good.  So it is possible to lengthen 6 inches or so as long as it is done right.  I don't know how Dr. D did to get his coworker to lengthen 6 inches.  Like I said, it is doable as long as it is done right.  So you don't really need to say NO against Dr. D just because he helped his coworker gain 6 inches.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up