Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: after LL ethics  (Read 2910 times)

fodawupa

after LL ethics
« on: July 05, 2019, 06:53:45 PM »

should u tell friends and family?

not necessary, if u used ur own money and energy.. why should they know?

should u tell the priest during confession?

not necessary, there is nothing wrong about LL. actually u should read the bible to be fully sure. (this was for lolz)

should u tell wife if married?

yes, if u end up with problems later in life she has to help u, so she should know.

should u tell current gf?

not necessary,  there is no guarantee of lifelong togetherness any way

should u tell future wife?

yes, because she has accepted ur after LL height and not before LL height. what if u have short children?

imagine u marry someone 5foot3 and then find out she was 5foot. from 'almost average' to well below average. wont u worry about short children?

if u think ur wife WILL NOT mind LL then u can tell her, no problem. if u think she WILL mind LL then also should u tell her. is that not correct?

be honest and happy with urself and ur decision it will all work out.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

Rei

Re: after LL ethics
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »

Imho better to not tell anyone unless impossible to avoid like your family.

You will make people aware and will start to look constantly at your proportions and once someone outside of your family knows it, everyone is going to know.

People in general are really ignorant and dumb, especially women, most people will just understand: “He broke both of his legs for few cm lololol” without understanding the actually surgery and is relatively safe. In general in life you want to not tell people much about you even people really close, they will not be close friends forever and most of the times the never bern anyway.

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »

Good question... who should you tell..? apart from my family and my doctor.. I will not tell anyone

GrowTow

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »

Just don't tell your GF  ;D I was with her for 4 years so I told her obviously but now that i'm not with her anymore, there's always a chance she can use it against me which is pretty damn embarrassing.

So yeah, unless you're married then don't tell your friends or gf because let's be real, the chances of you having a friend for life are like 0.1% when you're not friends anymore, it's the first thing anyone would use against you.

'Oh you know my ex/friend he went and got his legs lengthened for $50 000+'
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:07:48 AM »

I'm personally not going to tell anyone about the surgery. Simply because short men attempting to better themselves in any way is frowned upon. With this surgery you'll escape the short man category and all the social consequences that arise from it. This will incur jealousy and people will view you as decietful as many know they can't experience a significant leap in their social status .If not ,people will think you're crazy,so will probably avoid you afterwards lol.

Make sure you only have kids with a girl of above average height.From my experience taller girls are a lot more lenient about height than shorter women-that's my plan anyway. I think many here would attempt to ensure that their children don't experience the effects of being short.The irony is the discriminated becoming the discriminator.

From what I've seen , height is like a genetic roulette anyway,so long as your male children end up near average height then it's no longer a problem.

fodawupa

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »

guys read this 10 times

"if u think ur wife WILL NOT mind LL then u can tell her, no problem. if u think she WILL mind LL then also SHOULD u tell her. is that not correct?"

pls argue logically. if u are a really short guy like 5foot4 or 5foot5 and then reach 5foot7 then u will look very very different. if ur wife married u after meeting u at 5foot7 she may have thought "ok he is short but not that short, so its ok". but she doesnt know u did LL.

yes its risky to tell. lets say u tell ur fiancee and she leaves u and even tells her close friends. ur secret is now lost and wedding broken.

BUUUUUUUT, lets say u get married without telling her. now u are with someone who is going leave u if she finds out about ur LL. do u want that? what a crppy relationship that will be.

and marrying a tall girl doesnt give u tall children for sure! u could have an exact replica of ur self pre LL.

i am saying love urself, love ur decision, respect ur decision take pride in ur decision. tell ur future wife. it is the right thing to do. dont remain an insecure person.

fodawupa

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »

From my experience taller girls are a lot more lenient about height than shorter women-that's my plan anyway.
most women prefer guys taller than them. taller girls prefer men taller than them, so.... even taller.
u have no data on ur point. u are delusional about this.

From what I've seen , height is like a genetic roulette anyway,so long as your male children end up near average height then it's no longer a problem.

there is strong association between parents height and childrens height. in fact EVERYTHING. in terms of intelligence, looks, mental personality, everything comes from parents. it is NOT a lottery. there are exceptions in everything but there is an association.

fodawupa

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 06:32:40 AM »

Imho better to not tell anyone unless impossible to avoid like your family.

You will make people aware and will start to look constantly at your proportions and once someone outside of your family knows it, everyone is going to know.

People in general are really ignorant and dumb, especially women, most people will just understand: “He broke both of his legs for few cm lololol” without understanding the actually surgery and is relatively safe. In general in life you want to not tell people much about you even people really close, they will not be close friends forever and most of the times the never bern anyway.

agree with u 100 %.

but wife is family  ;)

and it is ur responsibility to make her understand.

imagine ur wife has done a bunch of simpler cosmetic surgeries like nose job and some other face surgery. she looks ok, but u would NOT have liked her OLD self before these surgeries either. how do u feel if u find out later? most cosmetic surgeries can be considered "safe" if u count LL as "safe", so no argument there.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »

most women prefer guys taller than them. taller girls prefer men taller than them, so.... even taller.
u have no data on ur point. u are delusional about this.

there is strong association between parents height and childrens height. in fact EVERYTHING. in terms of intelligence, looks, mental personality, everything comes from parents. it is NOT a lottery. there are exceptions in everything but there is an association.

Of course women want men taller than them where did I say otherwise?
Statistics on height do come into play. People being height matched at the extreme ends if height become increasingly unlikely. From what I've seen about marriage partners and height this,the height difference between partners reflects the distribution in human height.

And yes you're right since there is a large genetic component in regards to everything about a person plus a degree of chance depending on how alleles combine.
Where did I say otherwise? The many in which alleles can mix can be a best case scenario or a worst case scenario.
Think of genetic diseases where it just so happens one child inherits two faulty alleles so instead of being a carrier the genes manifest. Of course height inheritance is far more complex and is most likely controlled by many genes but you get the point.

That's why I encourage those who do worry about the height of their children to only have children with women of above average height.

By tall I mean a women 5ft 5 and upwards .Most men here after surgery will be significantly taller than the vast majority of women here after surgery .

fodawupa

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 01:44:39 PM »

agree with u on this 100 %

but u are digressing.

lets say u are 5foot3 get LL and become 5foot6. u marry a 5foot5 girl who likes u and doesnt mind ur "new" height. u have done ur best for ur future children.

but if u get caught about LL how will u explain to ur wife?

"look honey, our childrens height is unpredictable anyway so i may not be responsible for it after all. also my new height is permanent and i will always be taller than u. i didnt tell u about LL before our wedding because u didnt ask. i always thought it was about what is on the inside and not physical attributes.

i would have married u even if u were 5foot2. errr scratch that. so yeah why is it a big deal honey?"

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 01:57:12 PM »

I personally think your wife doesn't need to know. I honestly don't see how it would be beneficial to anyone at all. Not to sound like a misogynist here ,but c'mon we all know women are just as shallow as men when it comes to physical attributes.

Yeah I get your point I think the short genes would become watered down afterwards  since  you're having children with a girl of above average height there will be a regression towards the mean, rather than it being compounded from one generation to the next as typically happens with short people.

I think if your child's height is predicted to fall significantly below average then the best course of action would be to seek hormone therapy. Armoratse inhibitors seem to be effective and postpone puberty so there's still hope.In addition there's always HGH. I imagine many here are somewhat  resentful at their parents for not seeking help lol.

But yeah for the extremely short guys here ,those at 5ft 3 and less, having children or not is something they'll seriously need to consider carefully.

fodawupa

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 02:03:11 PM »

ok i respect ur opinion. how would u explain to ur wife if she found out about ur past LL? can u write this in a better way?

"look honey, our childrens height is unpredictable anyway so i may not be responsible for it after all. also my new height is permanent and i will always be taller than u. i didnt tell u about LL before our wedding because u didnt ask. i always thought it was about what is on the inside and not physical attributes.

i would have married u even if u were 5foot2. errr scratch that. so yeah why is it a big deal honey?"

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »

I intend to tell no one whatsoever so there's no way anyone can find out. Why? Because I know literally no one will be accepting of it. A wife wouldn't be any different.
People here need to realise that you'll be living a lie for the rest of your life post surgery,the old you will die.

Do people genuinely believe it's what's on the inside the counts post puberty? If  that were the case our best friends would be our life long partners.
In reality it's a combination of looks ,personality and social status. You can't isolate attraction to one attribute .Telling people is at your own discretion however,but I'd discourage it.

fodawupa

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »

I intend to tell no one whatsoever so there's no way anyone can find out.
yes really no one can find out. but u have to know that some people know about this. ur surgeon, every nurse who treated u, the hospital staff, some LL friends u hung out with in the hotel, ur local radiologist who does ur x-rays, fitbone/precice company. and many people can see u limping and also slightly taller and they may have wondered but been too polite to ask u. if u cross someone's height or become taller than someone or same height as someone they will know for sure.

imagine u meet some old friends with ur new wife and many of them ask, hey "werent u shorter than me?"

People here need to realise that you'll be living a lie for the rest of your life post surgery,the old you will die.

finally an honest reply. this type of opinions i wanted to gather in this thread. i mark this in bold from ur reply.

Lalbadshah

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »

Just don't tell your GF  ;D I was with her for 4 years so I told her obviously but now that i'm not with her anymore, there's always a chance she can use it against me which is pretty damn embarrassing.

So yeah, unless you're married then don't tell your friends or gf because let's be real, the chances of you having a friend for life are like 0.1% when you're not friends anymore, it's the first thing anyone would use against you.

'Oh you know my ex/friend he went and got his legs lengthened for $50 000+'

Growtow, I sent you a PM , plz check and advise by PM, thanks.

fodawupa

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 04:47:02 AM »

i dont know why all LL veterans are shy to talk abt  this. it surprising most people are holding LL secret from a future wife. think about it, most guys get LL for girls unless already married. no matter what bs people write  here ("i am doing it for myself, for my soul"), deep inside it is for girls.

fodawupa

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »

Lol not one veteran write about this ;D looks like everyone is taking this secret to their grave.  :-X  rip ethics

cheekycabs

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »

My wife helped me get through the entire process, actually.

Yes she uses it against me in arguments.

So, you're an idiot. Best tell no one.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

TinyTL

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 01:19:05 PM »

should u tell friends and family?

not necessary, if u used ur own money and energy.. why should they know?

Im a vet and I think you're overthinking here.

If I were you I would start with babysteps such as getting rid of that virginity of yours.
Once you get your first gf, maybe think of the questions you mention.

Good luck boyo !  8)

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 01:50:12 PM »

Why do ethics matter to us? Most of the people undergoing the surgery aren't doctors.
In the worst case scenario this surgery is only going to damage the patient and not others.
With this in mind, is being selfish ethically wrong or should we wallow in self pity and dysphoria for the rest of our lives due to some other person's ethical standards?To many the latter would be ethically wrong, so there's a contradiction.

You seem to be implying that your wife wouldn't be decietful in her own appearance ,despite may women using makeup,pull-up bras,etc. You could argue that is also ethically wrong ,but you can't because that's sexist apparently.

I can assure you as well as a short male ,this surgery isn't entirely about women. Society tells short men that they must act a certain way and any attempts to improve themselves are immediately negated by saying :'Oh he's compensating'.

Finally ,I understand that many here would mock others for using this surgery to get girls ,but you have to understand women are extremely shallow when it comes to a man's physical appearance ,contrary to popular belief, and height is a huge factor in a man's attractiveness (although face>height.Hint ,hint those at 5 7' and above on this forum).
I've honestly never understood society for mocking men that seek companionship ,it's biologically instinctive.The fact that many men have to undergo this surgery just to increase their chances of finding a partner really highlights how tacitly judgemental society is towards men.

fodawupa

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »

My wife helped me get through the entire process, actually.

Yes she uses it against me in arguments.

So, you're an idiot. Best tell no one.

if she reminds u how much she helped u whats wrong in that? does she mock u for doing LL? u were married so u had no option than telling her.

fodawupa

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 02:13:18 PM »

Im a vet and I think you're overthinking here.

If I were you I would start with babysteps such as getting rid of that virginity of yours.
Once you get your first gf, maybe think of the questions you mention.

Good luck boyo !  8)

ned_flanders  ;D , i love u. u are very entertaining.  :-* pls dont leave the forum.  ;)

cheekycabs

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »

if she reminds u how much she helped u whats wrong in that? does she mock u for doing LL? u were married so u had no option than telling her.

Yeah I love that a decision to help my height dysmorphia gets shoved in my face every time we have an argument about anything. You're just giving them one more thing to bitch at you about. Mock me for doing LL? No. But she does say that i've sucked up all her time since she's had to help me.

You're just asking for more trouble telling people about it. All that is going to happen is arguments stemming from it, such as how stupid of an idea it is. No one who's not in this position knows the mental and psychological effects it has on someone. Telling someone who just won't understand will just welcome a slew of unneeded arguments.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

cheekycabs

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 02:17:53 PM »

And no we werent married before. We got married during my LL. So, wrong again. She could've left, I could've left.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »

Why did your wife support you getting this surgery?

Did she attempt to talk you out if it?This could provide some perspective for those that talk about ethics all the time lol

fodawupa

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 02:28:00 PM »

Why do ethics matter to us? Most of the people undergoing the surgery aren't doctors.
In the worst case scenario this surgery is only going to damage the patient and not others.
With this in mind, is being selfish ethically wrong or should we wallow in self pity and dysphoria for the rest of our lives due to some other person's ethical standards?To many the latter would be ethically wrong, so there's a contradiction.

You seem to be implying that your wife wouldn't be decietful in her own appearance ,despite may women using makeup,pull-up bras,etc. You could argue that is also ethically wrong ,but you can't because that's sxxist apparently.

I can assure you as well as a short male ,this surgery isn't entirely about women. Society tells short men that they must act a certain way and any attempts to improve themselves are immediately negated by saying :'Oh he's compensating'.

Finally ,I understand that many here would mock others for using this surgery to get girls ,but you have to understand women are extremely shallow when it comes to a man's physical appearance ,contrary to popular belief, and height is a huge factor in a man's attractiveness (although face>height.Hint ,hint those at 5 7' and above on this forum).
I've honestly never understood society for mocking men that seek companionship ,it's biologically instinctive.The fact that many men have to undergo this surgery just to increase their chances of finding a partner really highlights how tacitly judgemental society is towards men.

i respect ur opinion.

ur saying it is  unethical, but u have no other option. fair point. i like ur clarity, unlike others who try to avoid the topic.

u will be surprised how easy its to detect LL by family & close friends. if anyone very young reading this and wants to do LL in the future in full privacy, dont tell anyone ANYTHING about ANYTHING related LL, height, whatever. act like ur happy until ur ready to get LL.  8) atleast that is the best strategy until u decide whether u want to keep it fully private.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »

Ethics are neither set in stone or universal,they are simple a reflection of a person's or society judgement on what's right and wrong. Therefore, they are an extension of a person's own philosophy or the Zeitgeist of the time.

Regardless in the west many have already undergone cosmetic alterations in the form of dental work.People with spend extortionate amounts of money to get that perfect Hollywood smile. I've never been concerned with a girl's dental work and she's never been concerned with mine.

So you can see what society deems appropriate and what it doesn't is quite frankly stupid.

I think many who don't suffer from height neurosis don't understand how it affects a person.
Height dysphoria and gender dysphoria are no different at the end of the day. Except we're not asking the tax payer to fund our surgery.

Knik

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 02:51:07 PM »

You seem to be implying that your wife wouldn't be decietful in her own appearance ,despite may women using makeup,pull-up bras,etc. You could argue that is also ethically wrong ,but you can't because that's sxxist apparently.

true
in truth, this society is way more picky about men physical appearence than female appearence
it explains why only a minority of men have success with women, but also at work while most women could easily find a boyfriend or a decent job
but if it was only about that, it would be good. But actually it concerns all aspects of your life, destroying your self esteem

Today, making nose or boobs surgery is quite normal. So why LL would be less ethical while the benefits will be way bigger than just having a larger breast or a thinner nose ?

Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »

Ethics are neither set in stone or universal,they are simple a reflection of a person's or society judgement on what's right and wrong. Therefore, they are an extension of a person's own philosophy or the Zeitgeist of the time.

Regardless in the west many have already undergone cosmetic alterations in the form of dental work.People with spend extortionate amounts of money to get that perfect Hollywood smile. I've never been concerned with a girl's dental work and she's never been concerned with mine.

So you can see what society deems appropriate and what it doesn't is quite frankly stupid.

I think many who don't suffer from height neurosis don't understand how it affects a person.
Height dysphoria and gender dysphoria are no different at the end of the day. Except we're not asking the tax payer to fund our surgery.

to be honest, even gender dysphoria is more accepted than height dysphoria. Just try to talk about it with a psychiatric, he will laugh at you and won't take it seriously. While for gender dysphoria, if you come from a developed country they will seriously believe you and help you
Looking for Pili

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 02:58:57 PM »

Exactly ,I do think those near average male height or above simply need psychological help and their neurosis would most likely likely persist after surgery but for those that are three or more inches below average then I believe the surgery would be incredibly beneficial...

The thing is short men face immense discrimination , it's something that is measurable. It's high time society starts talking about it, I'm beginning to believe short men are among the most marginalised groups in Western society

Knik

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 03:13:03 PM »

Exactly ,I do think those near average male height or above simply need psychological help and their neurosis would most likely likely persist after surgery but for those that are three or more inches below average then I believe the surgery would be incredibly beneficial...

The thing is short men face immense discrimination , it's something that is measurable. It's high time society starts talking about it, I'm beginning to believe short men are among the most marginalised groups in Western society

yes, but at the same time it is legitimized by a stupid ideology. In apps like tinder, it is even worse. While, in another hand, you can't criticize overweight women (but strangely, it is less problematic with fat men)
http://www.noelshack.com/2019-28-7-1563117069-image.png
"under 5'11, out of my sight. Stop matching me, I'm microphobic"
and I have tons of similar screens

Of course it is tinder, not all women. And Tinder is somewhere weird

And even for someone who is average (so 5'9/10 for most western countries) it will be a huge difference. In France, almost everybody will tell you you're short under 5'11 even if the largest part of men are under 5'11
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up