Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5’2.5 woman researching long wanted LL, UK based  (Read 2104 times)

dreamingtobetaller

5’2.5 woman researching long wanted LL, UK based
« on: July 24, 2019, 11:57:26 AM »

Hi

I am a 5’2 and a half woman from England uk and I have wanted this surgery for many years. I am researching Dr M and Paley in USA but recently the Paley technique has come to London “Taller” in Marylebone London, Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton does the technique in association with Dr Paley. I’m here to find out more about the surgery and read peoples experiences because I’m the uk society still lives in the dark ages thinking this is a horror surgery and I would like to speak to people who have actually done this. This surgery is near unknown in the uk, strangely, few people know it exists (there can be a lot of ignorance here for science etc) anyone here in the uk had this surgery? I’m even looking at wannabe taller in Istanbul Turkey.

I would love to gain 3 inches. That would take me to 5’5 and a half.
Anyone else noticed how differently you get treated for being shorter than others? Almost like a child in my experience. Zero respect. I’m fed up of always being the shortest person in the room and people putting me down. But I want to do this for me as I have never been happy with my height even when I was a child

Thanks and look forward to meeting you all, so excited to find this forum as likeninsaid the uk has a lack of information on real experiences

I wish you all the best with your journeys

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
Re: 5’2.5 woman researching long wanted LL, UK based
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »

Is this an advertisment in disguise? As a fellow Brit, I struggle to imagine a women who's just over a inch under the female average in the UK being discrimated because of their height
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:38:59 PM by Heightmare »

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »

A advert? Why would it be a advert? Who do you think I'm advertising? I’m not sure why you’re suspicious but I’ve had a lot of discrimination in the uk. I’ve tried that old chestnut, I’ve said “5’4 is the average height” to these people and they simply do not believe me. In fact my friends are 5’4 and they all call themselves midgets. I try telling them and other people who like to call me short or pat my head what the average height is but it’s pointless they won’t believe it. Besides, I’m below the average height so saying 5’4 does not help my case. You get a lot of judgemental people in the world so not sure why you don’t believe people can be. I’ve had it my whole life. I’ve been called “Napoleon” and a “dwarf” in a malicious manner. I’m not making things up for “advertising”’purposes, I’m here for the same reason as other people, interest and planning leg Lengthening surgery.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »

I thought this was an advertisement as the guy you've talked about has hardly been mentioned on this forum and is up-and-coming in the CLL world.

I was doubtful of your claims as  I know plenty of girls at University who are that height and shorter I've never seen them discriminated. In fact, it's tall girls that I've seen discriminated the most while the shorter girls are put on a pedestal.

Then again I'm not calling you a liar but  you're experience seems to be rather odd ,and indeed, exceptional from my experience.

Anyway best of luck.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 01:52:54 PM »

In your life you’ve obviously never seen short women being discriminated and just because it doesn’t happen in front of you/ doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Also men or women don’t want to be short.

Well you’re wrong it isn’t a advertisement. I’m here to gain information not to be told what people have said to me and treated me is in my head and it didn’t happen because someone saw some girls at university not experience it.
My discrimination is just as much discrimination as yours. It’s my reality and it’s one of those things I don’t like about being short. 
Put on a pedastal? I need to move to your area 😂

I’m here to get information so please only comment if you’re here’s to give me some not to act like my discrimation I’ve encountered doesn’t exist.
Is not “odd” for a shirt girl to get comments or have my experience. It happens all around the world. Some people will pick anything out to put people down. Hi not helpful information please.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 01:57:38 PM »

I assume “the guy” you’re referring to is Dr Ian Bacarese-Hamilton Hamilton that you’ve assumed I’m advertising? Nope I’m not him nor do I work for him. I’m excited as the procedure is in the UK now and I’ve recently discovered his website which could mean I do not have to travel to the US to do this. I am only 2 hours away from London so this is good news for me. Logan of people are mentioning Dr’s names it doesn’t mean it’s an advert. Personally, I am happy there’s one in the uk, not  travelling countries is a good option for me.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 01:57:51 PM »

I mean I don't care about your personal reasons for doing it ,the more diaries the better in my opinion.

I just thought it was odd the guy you listed has only been mentioned on this forum once. Anyway I guarantee you that guy is going to be incredibly expensive, especially considering he's based in London. If you can afford him then you can afford Paley.

Also there are no other CLL surgeons in the UK.Guichet used to do it ,but he's practically a criminal after crippling a user here so I'd avoid him at all costs

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 02:04:19 PM »

I’ve already asked for a quote. And actually it’s not far off Paley. Pretty similar. All the quotes I’ve been given are pretty similar too. I might actually be better off going to London as travel expenses will be dramatically reduced.
None the less, he’s a doctor in LL so it really isn’t that bizarre and odd and weird and strange that he’s mentioned. I’m considering Paley, Dr Barasce Hamilton and Dr M. It would be good not to have to travel however as will make the experience easier for me. I haven’t chosen yet, I’m keeping my options open. I’ve only just discovered and joined this forum (and no that’s not suspicious either, I saw a fellow LL forum link on her Instagram to this -unicorn her name is) so I have no idea if that Dr has ever been mentioned before nor does it matter to me, he’s one of my options.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »

Thanks I will avoid Guitchard. I was actually considering him. Was it unicorn he crippled? She is how I find the forum I follow her on Instagram.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 02:09:12 PM »

Yeah that's the one, he's incredibly expensive and quiet frankly obsolete now, considering the Stryde nail is vastly superior to the Guichet nail. If you're planning on doing femuarl lengthening then the Stryde nail is the only nail worth considering at this point.

One thing as a women,your femurs are likely to be rather thin and may not be wide enough to accommodate a  Styde nail. In that case you'll need to consider precise nails

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »

Also if the costs of Hamilton and Paley are similar,then go to Paley . He's had countless of success stories and is considered the best in the game ,whereas Hamilton is still new .

I wouldn't risk it if I were you

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »

Thanks. I’ll consider it. Hamilton does use the Paley technique which is one of the things that drew me to him. Paley technique in London, i couldn’t believe my luck. But like you say he is new to it, so Paley would be more experienced.
Yes I think I’ll stay away from guildict. I saw unicorns photos on Instagram what he did to her leg. The clicker ran away!! 
I just want to be free from being short that’s all. I don’t like being “petite” or short.
Would be nice just to be average height or as tall as everyone else. I think my area seems to have a lot of tall people which doesn’t help. Because I’m mostly the shortest person, and I’m not very very short only, as you say 1.5 inches under average and I’m still the shortest. Which I admit is a little odd. But I just assumed British are getting taller and taller.
How tall are you? Have you had the surgery? If not who would you like to go to? Where do you live in the uk?

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 02:20:12 PM »

I'm 5 5.5' and I live in the very south of England ( I won't say exactly where to protect my identity).

I haven't had the surgery yet ,but I'm planning on getting it in a few years. Unfortunately I'm young and poor so I doubt I'll be able to afford Paley . Hopefully there's a few stryde Giotikas diaries before my time lol
I plan on getting 8cm which will bring up to roughly average height in the UK

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »

I’m south of England too! I’m in Dorset. Small world. That’s the problem is it’s too expensive :( I’m tying to save but it a lot of money. Will probably take me a few years too. What’s Giotikas?
I know people often judge LL surgery but women will get their breast implants. Lips made bigger, etc etc and I don’t see how this is any different. Obviously it is more major but breast implants for example is also a major surgery, deaths do occur and complications.
Just need to win the lottery now!

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »

I’m glad you don’t think that 5’3 and a half is that short  :) that’s nice to hear.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 02:32:13 PM »

What’s the difference between the Stryde and Precise nails by the way?

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 02:33:40 PM »

Dr Giotikas is in Greece and he's incredibly cheap compared to most surgeons so he's at the top of my list at the moment.

Yeah many people are judgemental about getting cosmetic procedure, especially if you're male,which is why I'm not planning on telling anyone.  However, it's like you said this surgery is pretty risky so it's important to evaluate if you truly believe you'll overcome your neurosis post-op before you undergo it.

True,true this surgery is extremely expensive, I'm just hoping the pound starts increasing against the dollar and euro lol

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 02:34:19 PM »

Urgh 5’2.5 I meant not 5.3.5- I wish

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 02:37:50 PM »

Stryde nails are fully weight bearing and you can start walking almost immediately (roughly three weeks post-op) .Precise nails aren't so you'll need to wait around for the bone to consolidate ,which can take around 6 months , before you can walk around without crutches.

I mean 5 2.5' is short for a women in the UK by definition ,I was just doubtful about the hardships women faced for just over an inch under average. Yours definitely provides an interesting perspective on things.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »

I think I’ve obviously  been very unlucky. Sadly I’ve had a lot of discrimination over it. I know Men get a lot more. But I think I’ve been unlucky I’ve met a lot of nasty people who have put me down. I’ve even had  comments on my weight and body shape. Sometimes I think it’s because I’m too nice to people. It can make you a target or people think they can say what they want to you. Maybe, I don’t know. Oh wow thanks, another name to consider. Especially if he’s cheaper. Have you seen any of his reviews? Yes people are and yeh especially with men there’s a stigma. No one needs to know. Women can be very bitchy to each other so a lot of mean comments about my height is when women are trying to put me down. But men have done too. Being called “Napoleon” by a group Of women I barely knew on Facebook made me laugh because I believe for his time he was actually average height. It’s a shame people are so ignorant and judgemental. I don’t blame you for not telling anyone else. I don’t think I will Either. They’ll just tell you to “accept yourself” or try scare you off, but would they say that to for example a transgender person or a woman getting breast implants?

You know what it’s crazy, when I wear 2 inch heels my self consciousness goes temporarily- until I take my shoes off- but the difference in how I feel is incredible. I feel so much more confident. I’ll
Often wear my boots in the house  when people come to visit as it makes me feel so much better and equal

Thanks for the nail advice.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 02:45:29 PM »

Yeah true if I wear insoles I feel much more confident, I understand how that feels.

Dr Giotikas has three diaries at the moment ,none are with Stryde unfortunately as they're doing tibias. The diaries are good , I think one is currently experiencing a lack of bone consolidation which can happen to anyone really. What's important is how the doctor proceeds from there.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 02:50:13 PM »

Sounds good I’ll try find those diaries.
I want insoles! Do they work well? Where do you get them?
Honestly the difference is incredible with my 2 inch boots- I actually have so much self love and confidence with then 😂 what a difference 2 inches make. but it’s not real. I’d like a permanent option
Do you know which is better to length femur or tibia?
How much longer is your femur meant to be than your tibia proportionally? I’m trying to work out my proportions and I’m not being very successful 😂

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »

You can get insoles on Amazon.

Honestly I don't know what would be best to lengthen for women since your shoulder width ,arm length and torso length are going to be proportionally  shorter than a male of even the same height as you .

Post some mockups in the mock-up section of the forum and we'll give you some advice on which you should lengthen.

dreamingtobetaller

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 03:24:40 PM »

Thanks
Now do I do mock ups?
I’ve just joined this forum today and still don’t know how to use it.
Thanks so the insoles work well and are they comfortable? Would you recommend a particular one? I’ll buy some today

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »

Yeah just do the mockups in paint or something.

Insoles aren't too different from wearing a shoe with a slight heel. I'd avoid the gel based insoles as they'll definitely compress a lot throughout the day and instaed get the ones that are slightly more solid.

star-ray

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 03:55:27 AM »

Insoles do take it toll lol but I been wearing them for a very long time. I think for people who are active and meet family and friends. It's a skill to keep them hidden. Secret shoes are a lil bit more comfortable as they have insoles built in them and the shoe is made for that 5 cm lift.  Tbf, all this time, to my surprise no one that is in my circle has ever mentioned I am wearing insoles. Only person to ever ask, he was wearing it him self and he was able to recognise the way my feet were slanted.

Lilpep

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »

Hi, I'm also female and in the UK. 5ft tall and have wanted LL surgery ever since I found out it existed. I've also had a lot of disrespect because of my height. Following your thread as I'm interested in seeing how your journey goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up