Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How tall does a man have to be to not be dumped for being not tall enough?  (Read 1490 times)

CaptainCanada

• Visitor

Several months ago, my girlfriend dumped me for another guy.  She made it clear that it was because I wasn't tall enough for her, and the other guy was taller than me.  This completely shocked me since I'm 180cm.  I thought that was tall enough to not be dumped by a girl for not being tall enough for her, but I guess it isn't.  The guy she dumped me for is only 185 or 186cm, not that much taller than me.  My ex is 175cm, which is tall for a woman, but she never seemed bothered by me being only 180cm until she dumped me.

Since then I have been looking for ways to make myself taller because I don't want this to happen again.  I don't care about getting my ex back.  I can get other girls, but I don't want to be dumped for not being tall enough again.  This led me to finding out about LL.  I'm only 18 so it will be years before I can do LL, but I don't know by how much since I don't know what height guarantees that a woman will never dump you for not being tall enough.  How tall does a man have to be so that no woman will dump him for not being tall enough?

heightjourney

• Visitor

Dude... I'm only 176cm, shorter than you, and I have never been dumped for lack of height! Or have height be an issue in the dating scene.

I don't think you will find your height to be an issue again, being 4cm above the global male average, your ex was just a bit too superficial or crazy (or both).

RenaissanceMan

• Visitor

There's really ony 3 things you can be in life: a 'short guy' (anyone <176cm), an  'guy of average height' (176cm-6ft), a 'tall guy' (6ft+).
This is what I think, but whoever has the msot 'positive' attributes and the least 'negative' attreibutes, is the one who would win in the dating game - 'positive' only being achieved if you are ABOVE average in something.

For the 'average height' man, height doesn't define him at all, it doesn't give him an advantage nor a disadvantage. It enables him to achieve 'positives' in other areas such as financially (net worth + salary), intellectually (IQ or amount of wisdom), socially (i.e dealing with people skills, rhetorical ability etc).

In society, height plays a big part in determing whether you are 'positive', 'average' or 'negative' in terms of aesthetics, but other things that also play a reasonably important part too are your facial appearance, and your body type e.g lean, muscular, obese, overweight etc.

That's all I think there really is for determining the value of a human being as shallow as it may sound.

RenaissanceMan

• Visitor

Consider this: which man would a girl rather date ceteris paribus?
Man A is: tall, earns 400k p.a, reasonable social skills
Man B is: average height, earns 200k p.a, slightly better social skills than man A but basically the same

I would go for Man A. The point being, how would you know that the man your girlfriend dumped you for is better in other aspects that define a human's value as well? It sucks, but in life, there certainly do exist some people in life who appear clearly better than another person in every single aspect (on the surface level).

IwannaBeTaller

It's not possible to determine an exact height for which you will not be "dumped for" by any woman out there. However, being left by your steady partner because of your height is definitely something very, very rare, and something extremely rare for someone your height. I would assume there were other problems in the relationship or that your girlfriend had issues with her own self-image or mental problems. When you get in a relationship, you know how your partner looks like and how tall he is. I would consider it a blessing in disguise to be left by this girl in this situation, since her behaviour is a big red flag, and it's very possible she would have snapped years later, possibly when you were married or had children, which could have had much more severe consequences.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Rammstein

• Visitor

Dude, your ex has more problems than that so don‘t bother yourself with such a question.

I‘ve seen through the years that girls dump men for stupid reasons and believe me when I tell you, it’s not the reason they tell you about. I‘ve seen some of my friends got dumped for so many stupid reasons (not blond, talks „too much“ about his job, doesn’t spend every WE with her, his hair is too curly....) and so on and the fact is: when the girl has problems with herself (mentally, commitment issues, got bored, ...etc), she will „invent“ a reason out of nowhere to dumb the guy (i.e, if you were 190 cm she would’ve said some other stupid reason believe me).
Be glad that you‘ve got dumped by her now and not later because believe me you don’t want such a gf in your life.

CaptainCanada

• Visitor

I don't think you will find your height to be an issue again, being 4cm above the global male average, your ex was just a bit too superficial or crazy (or both).

Wouldn't the local male average for where I live be more important (whatever that value is), than the global male average?

Consider this: which man would a girl rather date ceteris paribus?
Man A is: tall, earns 400k p.a, reasonable social skills
Man B is: average height, earns 200k p.a, slightly better social skills than man A but basically the same

I would go for Man A. The point being, how would you know that the man your girlfriend dumped you for is better in other aspects that define a human's value as well? It sucks, but in life, there certainly do exist some people in life who appear clearly better than another person in every single aspect (on the surface level).

Isn't this a good reason in general to increase my height via LL?

RenaissanceMan

• Visitor

Wouldn't the local male average for where I live be more important (whatever that value is), than the global male average?

Isn't this a good reason in general to increase my height via LL?

It could be a reason to increase your height. But it could also be a good reason to increase other aspects of yourself (that are not related to aesthetics)- e.g how much money you have, your intelligence, your talking skills etc. I’ll admit it - it’s much easier to improve yourself through surgeries than working at the other non aesthetic stuff - we all are lazy in that sense for even considering the LL surgery.

That said though, I don’t think your height is the biggest problem with your aesthetics. You are considerably above average. What I can make an educated guess on however is that your facial features might not be as perfect? If you want to do something for your appearance that will have massive utility gains, why not just spend the money you would have spent on the expensive LL surgery on a plastic surgeon and make your face look top notch? It’s much safer and far less risky on your functional everyday existence. Besides, how your face looks is just as important as your height. I’m not endorsing that you should get said surgery but that would be a much better option if you don’t want to much effort into improving the other non-physical things that matter about a human.

shottrue

Dude, your ex has more problems than that so don‘t bother yourself with such a question.

I‘ve seen through the years that girls dump men for stupid reasons and believe me when I tell you, it’s not the reason they tell you about. I‘ve seen some of my friends got dumped for so many stupid reasons (not blond, talks „too much“ about his job, doesn’t spend every WE with her, his hair is too curly....) and so on and the fact is: when the girl has problems with herself (mentally, commitment issues, got bored, ...etc), she will „invent“ a reason out of nowhere to dumb the guy (i.e, if you were 190 cm she would’ve said some other stupid reason believe me).
Be glad that you‘ve got dumped by her now and not later because believe me you don’t want such a gf in your life.
Nice point, women a lot of time make things up. It seems easiest for them to say a guy isn't tall enough when it could be he has no friends, or he is fat, or she prefers a man with money. Maybe you don't give her enough attention. Who knows. Very good point, she may say an excuse and its not the real reason

shottrue

Several months ago, my girlfriend dumped me for another guy.  She made it clear that it was because I wasn't tall enough for her, and the other guy was taller than me.  This completely shocked me since I'm 180cm.  I thought that was tall enough to not be dumped by a girl for not being tall enough for her, but I guess it isn't.  The guy she dumped me for is only 185 or 186cm, not that much taller than me.  My ex is 175cm, which is tall for a woman, but she never seemed bothered by me being only 180cm until she dumped me.

Since then I have been looking for ways to make myself taller because I don't want this to happen again.  I don't care about getting my ex back.  I can get other girls, but I don't want to be dumped for not being tall enough again.  This led me to finding out about LL.  I'm only 18 so it will be years before I can do LL, but I don't know by how much since I don't know what height guarantees that a woman will never dump you for not being tall enough.  How tall does a man have to be so that no woman will dump him for not being tall enough?
I would say 3 inches is a good amount of height difference. In America that could be considered a biggish deal. The fact is some women (maybe not even 50%) will prioritize a man's height over his kindness, fitness, looks, income, social life, hair color, eye color. A woman could be with a slightly balding, out of shape guy just because he is 6'1, but he could be very unattractive to a completely different woman that prefers an athletic 5'8.

YungGud

Of course 185 is better than 180 but not much better, and your ex girlfriend probably is a whore(because of such kind of situation)
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Canon

Knik

Please, if you are suffering from being 180 cm the only problem is you. Men over 185 are far from average
Looking for Pili

sylar94

if you are >=180 and dumped you have other problems
things to consider: facial aesthetics, body, money, career, house, car, social status, personality

ryangbgb

• Visitor

As a 180cm dude + high sole shoes ( 183,5cm ) you're not short AT ALL , you're a little higher than average in the 1st world, and much higher than 3rd world countries average
Pages: [1]   Go Up