Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How's life after limb lengthening?  (Read 1554 times)

wants2growtaller

How's life after limb lengthening?
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:54:55 AM »

How's life after recovering from call and returning back to normal life?
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

afaq379006

Re: How's life after limb lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 08:39:21 AM »

i have a freind who went from 165cm to  173cm he did tibias lenghtening he told me he get tired after walking for minute and his legs hurts plus he is saying that his pain in legs will remain forever after this i am so worried. he did it from paley

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:39:00 AM »

I'm not surprised 8cm in tibias is crazy and stupid 😮

short

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 09:43:59 AM »

nail + tibia = lifetime pain!

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »

This!
I'm desperate to escape my height neurosis but I'd urge everyone to save for femurs,like myself . If you're doing tibias. DO NOT exceed 5-6cm.
If you're doing tibias you need to seriously consider externals instead since they are the safest option.

Kenda

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 10:36:57 AM »

Well nail + femurs ? Maybe lifetime pain too :((
Im really scared that after one is done with this surgery i regret it for life.

Kenda

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »

Do you guys think if someone lives in a place like new york were walking is mandatory everyday, such surgery on femur will affect that ?

Rei

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »

Do you guys think if someone lives in a place like new york were walking is mandatory everyday, such surgery on femur will affect that ?

If you go to someone reputable and lenghten a normal amount you will be able to do everything you want

Kenda

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »

If you go to someone reputable and lenghten a normal amount you will be able to do everything you want

8cm on femur is good?

short

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 01:44:16 PM »

not everyone can reach this length but possible

afaq379006

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 04:11:22 PM »

i always taught internal nail must have some drawback. like it will be in between bone marrow. this also prove that paley institute patient also have some sort of complication in life

JON SNOW

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 04:42:08 PM »

i have a freind who went from 165cm to  173cm he did tibias lenghtening he told me he get tired after walking for minute and his legs hurts plus he is saying that his pain in legs will remain forever after this i am so worried. he did it from paley

8cm is ridiculous, he get tired probably in part because atrophy and also his soft tissue like muscle,tendons, ligaments  would take years to adapt and  always have  some percentage of the new length of the limbs that is not accountant of new cells, meaning than is not grow but rather is stretched, and this increase exponential the more you lengthening

example some numbers (out of the top of my head) just for ilustration

4 cm should take  aprox 1 year for 100 percent functional recovery ( balance, strength , stamina , flexibility)  not just walking or funny jogging

5 cm is maybe 2 years

6 cm, 3 to 5 years

7cm or  8 cm,   5 years  to forever

IMO

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »

8cm is ridiculous, he get tired probably in part because atrophy and also his soft tissue like muscle,tendons, ligaments  would take years to adapt and  always have  some percentage of the new length of the limbs that is not accountant of new cells, meaning than is not grow but rather is stretched, and this increase exponential the more you lengthening

example some numbers (out of the top of my head) just for ilustration

4 cm should take  aprox 1 year for 100 percent functional recovery ( balance, strength , stamina , flexibility)  not just walking or funny jogging

5 cm is maybe 2 years

6 cm, 3 to 5 years

7cm or  8 cm,   5 years  to forever

IMO
Are you talking tibias specifically or in general?

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:16 PM »

Hi... 4 to 5 cm max on tibias

wants2growtaller

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 08:37:10 PM »

Wow. I meant if your life has improved after cll/
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 09:11:23 PM »

So ,how would you say your friends social life has improved after the surgery? Is he getting more respect from women and peers etc?

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »

Can ... kindly tell us ... when did your friend have his surgery? with Doctor Payley ?

BladeRunner

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »

same as before LL, just without height neurosis  ;D

fodawupa

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 09:30:24 PM »

i fking knew it..
my spidey sense was telling me all along.

Nothing in this life is free. There are always trade offs.

LL may give you short term confidence boost, but you're fking up your legs and health long term.

I recently talked to a LL surgeon who doesnt do CLL but works at gov hospital. He said patients developed artiritis even at 4 cm and there is no long term research on the effects of LL.

LL is a waste of time and money in the best case scenario.
In the worst case, when complication occurs, its fking nightmare. I pray to God everytime i press F1 on that ERC device that I will not experience any. Those poor souls like unicorn and llshouldbebanned, have such mental strength that I can only dream of.

I am not going to blame my decision entirely on this community but I did a mistake believing the information on this forum. Thinking the people who did LL and wrote diary were like me. In the beginning you will think a lot of former/current LLers are just like the average person on the street. People just like you. And you kind of empathize with their stories of height discrimination and when you see their outcome the first thing you think is: “I am also going to LL now”. But it’s a deception. It’s mostly sugarcoated lies written by social outcasts with severe body dysmorphic disorder.

oldiebutgold was right: no one should do this circus surgery. Just work on your personality and job and focus on things you already have in life! This surgery is not reversible. but because of the shills and crazy people here going to 3d world countries giving impression that this is easy surgery without trade offs i ended up falling to the propaganda. but atleast I have had common sense to stop at 5 cm. and i went to first world surgeon.

same as before LL, just without height neurosis  ;D

im 5.5 month post op.
no pain anywhere. can walk kilometers after kilometers!

r u becoming part of the 'deceptive' forum u were describing? are u like others or are u different?
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

MrJames

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2019, 09:21:25 PM »

Turkish doctors:
No problem 7-8 cm tibia (internal nail and external lon)

Why? How?

short

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 09:37:38 PM »

because money...

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »

r u becoming part of the 'deceptive' forum u were describing? are u like others or are u different?
What's your opinion on CLL? Your posts tend to attempt to discourage people from the surgery .

What's your opinion on short men and how they're treated in society? My own perception is obviously warped because I have body dysmorphia because of my height,  but at the same time I know that short men are definitely treated worse

MrJames

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 06:19:08 AM »

What's your opinion on CLL? Your posts tend to attempt to discourage people from the surgery .

What's your opinion on short men and how they're treated in society? My own perception is obviously warped because I have body dysmorphia because of my height,  but at the same time I know that short men are definitely treated worse

Femur will get the same money, tibia will get the same money.

As a result, the doctor himself will deal with the patients again. Why would he be in such trouble?

fodawupa

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »

i dont discourage from surgery. it can give good outcomes if ur expectations are right.

if ur physical recovery is good, and u not let the fact that u did LL affect u mentally (shame, guilt anxiety and etc) and u do a decent amount (not 4 cm for example) then it could be worth. one last hurdle is keeping LL information private. most members here wish to keep it 100% private (even from a future partner). dont ask others but evaluate by urself how feasible this is and plan accordingly.

yes everything matters = looks, money, mental charactersitics (sense of humour, happiness, ability to stay strong in tough situations = controlling emotions and etc). no objections in changing what u can.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:41:54 PM by fodawupa »
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."
Pages: [1]   Go Up