Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there anyone from Russia? What’s the average height among young men? (18-30)  (Read 821 times)

Iron_Man

Is there anyone from Russia?  What do you think is the average height among young men? (18-30 years old)
They write on the Internet that the average growth in Russia is 176–178 cm. But the younger generation seems taller, what do you think?

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards

The height of younger generations is usually 1-2cm taller than the previous in the west
Why?
Because, by the time your 40 ,which is roughly the average age in the west you'll have lost about a 1cm in height if you're a man and 2cm if you're a women.

Note human height hardly changes from one generation to the next anymore ,simply because almost everyone has at least one child,so height distribution stays pretty much the same. All this stuff you see online about younger people being significantly taller is bullsh*t. In the west, height seems to be plateauing

Iron_Man

The fact is that there is a difference between generations.  https://www.theglobalist.com/striding-tall-us-vs-ussr/ - take a look.  Men born in the 1920s were on average 167 cm, men born in the 1970s were already 177 cm.
People of that time were definitely lower.  For example, the astronaut Yuri Gagarin was 157 cm. The head of the USSR, Nikita Khrushchev - 160 cm. Singer Vladimir Vysotsky - 170 cm, etc.

Nowadays, I get the feeling that guys aged 18-25 are on average 180-182. Maybe I'm wrong, but the facts suggest that average height increases over time.

Bigdawg

The west has pretty much plateued in height and will no longer get taller. Eastern europeans have recently caught up to an average of 177-180.

It takes over 50 years for a population to increase 1 inch so teenagers today born in year 2000-2004 are not even going to be taller than men born in 1990 to 1994. The quality of nutrition and life in the west didnt improve a lot from 90s to 2000s for even a cm of difference. Im sure its the the same in Russia

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards

The fact is that there is a difference between generations.  https://www.theglobalist.com/striding-tall-us-vs-ussr/ - take a look.  Men born in the 1920s were on average 167 cm, men born in the 1970s were already 177 cm.
People of that time were definitely lower.  For example, the astronaut Yuri Gagarin was 157 cm. The head of the USSR, Nikita Khrushchev - 160 cm. Singer Vladimir Vysotsky - 170 cm, etc.

Nowadays, I get the feeling that guys aged 18-25 are on average 180-182. Maybe I'm wrong, but the facts suggest that average height increases over time.
Undoubtedly but if you take a look at Western nations now and compare height data from 1990 with 2019 you'll see that height is actually plateauing. The height difference between generations is no longer as dramatic as it once was.

For example take a look at height data from the Netherlands, you'll see what I mean. The same pattern is repeating in most Western countries. I don't have the data on me right now, but it's easy to google.

It's something that I used to think about a lot as you hear many people saying each generation is taller than the previous which is true but ,these days ,to a small degree.

Basically, it confirms nutrition is an enormous component of height. Since nutritional levels are hardly changing anymore height is likewise the same.

I don't think using the height's of Soviets is a good idea either since the Soviet Union was shaken for 50 years by major wars,famine and genocide hence many people probably didn't get adequate calories to reach their full potential.

TL; DR it's overstated how much height increased these days , there's not much change as there once was.

YungGud

Average height in Russia around 178 for sure, I'm living here
Younger generation around 182 I would say
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)
Pages: [1]   Go Up