Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good CLL excuse  (Read 1091 times)

cena

Good CLL excuse
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:01:04 AM »

If yo do femur lengthening and are on crutches and people see you, how do you explain? Do you say accident? What kind of accident would involve BOTH your femur bones to get broken (and nothing else).

Can anyone vividly describe such an accident?  :)

And are 6 or 7cm too noticeable? My shoes have given me 4cm extra height, so after LL if I start wearing thin flip flops even then I will appear 3-4 cm taller than pre surgery. Is this something people will observe?

Or is it worth completely restarting your life (job, friends, city etc) just to keep LL private?

Iron_Man

Re: Good CLL excuse
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 08:42:54 AM »

I think, that people are mostly preoccupied with their lives, it is unlikely that someone will in detail ask you about this

short

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 10:08:19 AM »

no one will care

montahn

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »

just tell them the truth. be proud yourself.
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

cena

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »

I think, that people are mostly preoccupied with their lives, it is unlikely that someone will in detail ask you about this

Yes no one will ask in detail but some details they will ask for sure.  Probably easy to come up during lunch or coffee time.

I just want to know how other other LL patients dealt with this.

short

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 06:41:05 PM »

what there isn't can't be...
just stfu and if asked...posture improvement

Iron_Man

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 07:13:43 PM »

Yes no one will ask in detail but some details they will ask for sure.  Probably easy to come up during lunch or coffee time.

I just want to know how other other LL patients dealt with this.

In general, I think that if you make 5-6 cm, your proportions will most likely not change much and you will look normal. And if you look normal, then you can tell people the truth. It's my opinion.

short

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 07:50:33 PM »

In general, I think that if you make 5-6 cm, your proportions will most likely not change much and you will look normal. And if you look normal, then you can tell people the truth. It's my opinion.
??? strange logic - why should someone tell the truth about something which is negatively associated when he can keep it secret?!

TallPersonality

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 08:22:23 PM »

I plan to tell my coworkers that one of my legs is shorter than the right and I need to lengthen it. This is a good excuse to walk with crutches in my work after the lengthening. Now I'm walking in 3 inches elevator shoes, after the lengthening, I will be walking in flat shoes, so I think they wouldn't see a big difference in my height.

Iron_Man

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 08:52:43 PM »

??? strange logic - why should someone tell the truth about something which is negatively associated when he can keep it secret?!

If a person has become taller and at the same time remains proportional, then in general he will look better.  I am not saying that you need to specifically tell everyone about this, but if someone asks and you tell them the truth, why should this cause a negative?  I think that an adequate person will not feel negative for you after that.  At least, if I lengthen my legs and at the same time, look good, I won’t hide it

short

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »

but if someone asks and you tell them the truth, why should this cause a negative? 
Because in society cosmetic surgery is seen as cheating. So you replace height discrimination with another sort of discrimination, great idea...
At least, if I lengthen my legs and at the same time, look good, I won’t hide it
What the hack has "good looking outcome" with this kind of decision to do, i don't get it.

Iron_Man

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 10:25:46 PM »

Because in society cosmetic surgery is seen as cheating. So you replace height discrimination with another sort of discrimination, great idea...What the hack has "good looking outcome" with this kind of decision to do, i don't get it.

I don’t know how the others are, but I never had anything against cosmetic surgery.  I would be indifferent to the comments on this.
I have only dysmorphia of height, which I want to correct and at the same time not spoil the proportions.  I can’t speak for everyone, it’s just my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up