Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Longer tibia than femur?  (Read 1093 times)

kream

Longer tibia than femur?
« on: August 25, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »

I don't know 100% yet, but visually (which I don't trust, cause could be bd), and through repeated self-measurement (which can be inaccurate, but I've measured a lot, multiple times now with different methods from tape measure, marking wall, myself, etc) my femur seems to be measured longer than my tibia? If I measure from my hip-bone then yes my femur is longer, but x-rays show that the femur starts around the middle of the pelvis/not the hip bone, so I chose an approximate location that I feel like I can feel my femur at, and got around a ~3-4cm difference between my femur and tibia.

If I chose to go lengthening on the tibia, would it cause any problems? I don't really care about visual proportions because not everyone is proportionate anyways, and most people won't notice, plus I can adjust my clothing. Mostly wondering about potential health issues like arthritis, or any other joint/bone problems due to irregularities in proportions. Or is it nothing to really worry about when lengthening?

dunghuynh2227

Re: Longer tibia than femur?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 10:12:24 AM »

tibia cant be longer than femur. normal ratio is 0.8 . if you lenghten tibia dont do over 20% length of original bone

Sanity

Re: Longer tibia than femur?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 05:09:15 PM »

tibia cant be longer than femur. normal ratio is 0.8 . if you lenghten tibia dont do over 20% length of original bone
i only did less than 15% of original length and my tibia is stil equal to my femur.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1]   Go Up