Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Op day 6 - appetite  (Read 1594 times)

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
Post Op day 6 - appetite
« on: August 25, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »

Hello,

I have had my femur surgery last week and it is going well and I am in 0 to very little pain. The only thing is I have hardly eaten a thing since the night before surgery as I have lost my appetite. It is making me feel very ill. Does anyone know any good meal replacement drinks or anything that would help. I am not from the states so I am not sure what brands are good and will help me with the nutrients that I need.

Thank you

Great321

Re: Post Op day 6 - appetite
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 09:02:01 PM »

Hey, good to hear that you don't suffer much pain so far. I had lost my appetite as well for the first weeks/months. It is most likely because of the pain killers. It will get better.

Lunch was always difficult for me but for breakfast for example I can recommend muesli with sliced banana and nuts inside or plain yogurt with nuts and fruits. Dates are good before PT to get calories and energy. Peanut butter. All kinds of Vegetables.  Many supplements. And protein shakes.

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 09:04:29 PM »

Thanks for the response. Going to try all those out. I have my first PT session tomorrow so will need all the energy I can get. Thanks for the recommendations

Great321

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »

You're welcome. One of my doctors told me to eat meat everyday and walk a lot. You're in the beginning so no pressure. My bone growth isn't very good after 10 months but I guess it's genetics and I couldn't walk as much as needed because of certain reasons. Good luck! Do you have a diary?

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 09:42:15 PM »

Ok I will try my best. Thank you very much. I don’t have a diary I may post things every now and then but at the moment I am doing well. No pain and can walk too and from bathroom. My biggest problem is I have bad sores around my bottom and genital area from using the bed ban and not getting out of bed for a few days or washing. Did anyone else have this problem I am quite concerned and do not want it to get infected. I am female

Great321

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:01:33 PM »

It might be normal muscle ache that makes you stronger with time. Also if you can't shower yet, ask someone to fill 2-3 bottles of water, sit on the toilet and wash yourself (the genital area) with the water bottles and soap.

Great321

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 10:10:01 PM »

Another advice. Don't use the bed pan. Buy something like this (see link below), a "Female Portable Urinal". Also buy a canister/can. This way I imagine you can sit on your bed and pee inside the can with the support of the portable urinal thing.

https://www.amazon.de/Portable-Silicone-Reusable-Urination-Elegance/dp/B07DM96VWS/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=urinal+for+women&qid=1566770867&s=gateway&sr=8-2

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 10:11:40 PM »

Thanks a lot. Sorry I have just thrown up now too. I am struggling with all side effects other than pain in my legs! Hopefully gets better from now on

Great321

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 10:14:47 PM »

Maybe your pain killer dose is too high? Consult with your doctor and try to take less. I had to throw up once, too. This was on my way from the hospital to my apartment. Luckily I had a plastic bag at hand.

Cpl2012

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 12:54:26 AM »

Hello,

I have had my femur surgery last week and it is going well and I am in 0 to very little pain. The only thing is I have hardly eaten a thing since the night before surgery as I have lost my appetite. It is making me feel very ill. Does anyone know any good meal replacement drinks or anything that would help. I am not from the states so I am not sure what brands are good and will help me with the nutrients that I need.

Thank you
Im glad that you are doing well with little pain. Wonder which doctor did your surgery?

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 10:52:22 AM »

I had my surgery with Paley. I start lengthening today. I may post some regular updates and any thing I found to help me which may help others and also try get some advice from previous patients if needed. Thanks for the message

PAGrb490

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »

OMG ,

Good luck,

I am thrilled - a female (I assume) with Paley!

Do you mind disclosing your age, femurs/tibia, goal, initial height?

I am a female as well and can’t appreciate your diary enough.

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »

Hey!

I am 22. I am 139cm in height so very tiny! And I hope on getting 8cm in Femur and I will come back in 18 months for tibias so I end up around 5ft. If you have any questions feel free to message me and I will help as much as possible!

Cas

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »

Hi AnnaTara!

I was wondering if you are using Stryde or Precice 2.2 on your femurs ? If it is Stryde, what size device did they use on your femurs?

Also how did you pay for your surgery ? Was it financed, paid in cash or did insurance cover it under special circumstances ?

Thanks!

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 05:35:28 PM »

Hiya,

It’s Stryde and I’m not sure what size sorry. And it is self paid.

Cas

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »

Thanks for answering my questions! I hope your recovery is smooth ! :)

AnnaTara123

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 01:26:54 AM »

Hi again,

Does anyone know how to help with constipation ? I am struggling to go to the toilet due to pain meds

Thanks

JsElysianEagle

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 03:17:15 AM »

@annatara you should take some laxatives to help with bowel movements.

Ghostfish

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 04:59:56 AM »

Hi again,

Does anyone know how to help with constipation ? I am struggling to go to the toilet due to pain meds

Thanks
Hi Anna
Congrats on starting your journey!
Constipation due to pain meds is a very common symptom.  Try some "Stool Softener".  I had same problem a couple of times.  After a couple of days with stool softener, constipation was solved.
Good luck!

BlueHen

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 05:25:17 AM »

Hi again,

Thanks

Hey Anna

I had constipation right after surgery. I tried various stool softeners provided by the hospital but in the end I had to get an enema 5 days post surgery; it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Then I didn't poop for another 4 days, so I had to get another enema! But since then it's been totally normal. So don't worry, it's probably just from painkillers in the early post-op days.

Good luck!
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up