Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bi-Femurs w/Stryde Dr. Giotikas Sept ‘19  (Read 9424 times)

SpeedDialer

Re: Bi-Femurs w/Stryde Dr. Giotikas Sept ‘19
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »

Hey Everyone,

In Athens and had my CLL surgery, meet another Dr. Giotikas patient that did the same surgery and it turn out we became good friends, Planning.  Each day we push and encourage each other, plus getting into mischief with the staff at the Theseus.

I’m not planning to load my dairy till my lengthening is complete, but I’m keeping a personal daily dairy of my experience and might post the whole thing all at once when I’m complete.

There are a few rumors going around about the PT not be good at Theseus, not true.
Planning is the first dairy on this forum for Stryde and as I too were worry on Dr. Giotikas experience with Stryde since there was no dairy, all the worries went away after meeting a couple of current Dr. Giotikas Stryde patients prior to my surgery.

Have met another Dr. Giotikas Stryde chinese girl patient at the Theseus during PT and she is doing good after 6cm of lengthening. 

The moment before the surgery, before you are wheel into the OR, just remember that you were able to walk, run, jump, sit up, and sit down just to name a few.  The moment someone tap you on your shoulder and say your surgery was a success, but you have no idea that it already happened.  Remember about being able to walk, run, jump, sit up, and sit down, all that goes away, but not forever depending on the success of surgery and recovery.  Just have to retrain your body to do it all over again, cause your mind remember and know just 6 hours before you were able to and now your lower body won’t allow you to.

Overall the experience is awesome and the recovery is better than expected.  Well I’ll 99% focus on lengthening and recovery, so I will not be posting till my lengthening is done.
My dairy will mainly be on my experience since no matter what you read on pain level, recovery and complications, it will never be 100% of what you will experience if you have this surgery, cause this surgery is NOT for the weak, but can be worth it!!!

1. Hey, I heard on another thread that someone had said that physical therapy with Dr. Giotikas was no good. What are your thoughts on the physical therapy you've had?

2. Just to help me visualize how things usually go, what are some example things that the physical therapist can help you with that one cannot do alone?

dreamBig

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2020, 04:46:03 AM »

hi azman, hope everything is going well with you. You must be in the consolidation phase now, it will be nice to hear some update from you.

MirinHeight

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2020, 03:21:32 AM »

any update azman
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

azman

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 06:22:23 AM »

Hey

Life is good despite the lock down.  My walk are back to 💯 normal and I’m able to run lightly but the mechanics are still off.  I guess my recovery is similar to Movies.
This is the best decision I ever made in my life.  Wished I would have done it sooner. 
Planning to get my rods out in Jan or Feb of next year and maybe heading back to Dr. G to do my Tibias in August, but it’s really depends on my living situation at that time.

Movie

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 06:30:53 AM »

haha I hear ya bro! Jogging is pretty good now, but sprinting the body is still adjusting and trying to figure out how it can do this the most optimal way with the added length lol, but it's getting there. are you planning to remove them with Giotikas as well?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

azman

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2020, 01:15:28 AM »

haha I hear ya bro! Jogging is pretty good now, but sprinting the body is still adjusting and trying to figure out how it can do this the most optimal way with the added length lol, but it's getting there. are you planning to remove them with Giotikas as well?

I’m have them remove in the state since my insurance cover the removal operation. 

ujin0101

• Visitor
  • CLL is a life changing game. Play it wisely.
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2020, 03:03:21 AM »

Hi azman, I just sent you a message. Please kindly check it out. Thank you!

Movie

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 08:18:31 AM »

Oh really would you mind PMing me more info on that bro please? I wanna see if my healthcare can cover it too.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

snowpiecer

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »

Hey Azman! If you could share how did you get your insurance to cover the rod removal surgery that'll be really nice.

azman

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2020, 02:32:34 AM »

Hey Azman! If you could share how did you get your insurance to cover the rod removal surgery that'll be really nice.

Basically I call member service and informed them about my situation, I have Kaiser.  They told me that the rods needed to be remove by 2years and it’s cover under my plan since it’s not considered an aesthetic surgery.  My primary doctor ordered the X-ray and referred me to the orthopedic surgeon that I wanted to see.  I got the name of the orthopedic surgeon that did this kind of surgery from a member on this forum.  The only cost I need to pay is my co-pay. 
Hope this help.

Bala

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2020, 01:43:43 AM »

Sorry I think you are referring to my friend Planning, he has an IG set up and if you look at one of his video I’m in it when we were both at the hospital.   We are both doing great, just very busy with PT, lengthening 4x per day, and etc.   You can reply to his IG or on his diary.

Can you help with the link to your friend's diary or his IG

spartacusforhimself

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »

Amzn congratulation and we are happy the thing is getting on weel I wish we will be in your place now. I will have a surgery with giotikas this tuesday. You said you ordered food on line. I arrive yestrday. Can you give me more suggestion? if you remeber website or so on?

azman

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2020, 01:20:18 AM »

Amzn congratulation and we are happy the thing is getting on weel I wish we will be in your place now. I will have a surgery with giotikas this tuesday. You said you ordered food on line. I arrive yestrday. Can you give me more suggestion? if you remeber website or so on?

I used the app eFresh for groceries and eFood for restaurants, both deliver to you and can load a credit card so you won’t have to deal with euros.  For taxi, I used the app call Beat.
If you are by yourself and didn’t hire anyone to help you around after you get discharge, I would suggest you load up on groceries, like food that don’t need much work or energy to prepare.  The first week after discharge can be challenging without any help but very doable.

k1erz

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2020, 07:51:17 AM »

Hi Azman

How are things going for you now?

Any new updates?

I’ve also been reading through this post and wasn’t able to find your starting height.

What’s the best thing about your new height too?

Gman23

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2020, 08:59:31 PM »

Looking forward to your diary could you please tell me the cost of the surgery also how much you are lengthening? Thank you, I wish you all the best and a fast recovery
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

azman

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2020, 09:14:30 AM »

Hi Azman

How are things going for you now?

Any new updates?

I’ve also been reading through this post and wasn’t able to find your starting height.

What’s the best thing about your new height too?

Things are good.  Just waiting till this Coronavirus thing die down.  We’re still in shelter in place.  I’m physically able to run but was advised to just jog and no jumping till I remove the rod, hopefully at the beginning of 2021. Best thing about my new height is that I’m no longer the shortest person in my group of friends and I no longer have to think about all the what if’s and worries about CLL.  Nowadays I laughed from time to time about all the stupid stuff I tried to gain temporary 2cm.  Surprisingly, I actually met some really cool people during my lengthening which I still keep in touch with.

azman

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2020, 09:17:27 AM »

Looking forward to your diary could you please tell me the cost of the surgery also how much you are lengthening? Thank you, I wish you all the best and a fast recovery

Sorry but I think you’re  probably referring to Spartacusforhimself.

Gman23

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2020, 06:49:22 PM »

Sorry but I think you’re  probably referring to Spartacusforhimself.

What do you mean? I am asking you how much money it cost you for the surgery ???
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

more

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2020, 07:11:35 PM »

Hi
Very  impresive diary , glad to know your walking is normal , no complications , Good callus,
but i think one thing is missing in your diary ,How much did you get? previously you said your target is 8cm ,did you achive your target ,
Thanks
my best wishes with you

TwinMusicom

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2020, 01:10:56 AM »

Is Giotikas in Greece cheaper than Downey in Spain?

What are the other pros/cons of the two?

azman

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2020, 04:24:58 AM »

Is Giotikas in Greece cheaper than Downey in Spain?

What are the other pros/cons of the two?

Sorry but I have no information on Dr. Downey besides what already on this forum, since Dr. Downey was not on my list of doctors when I did my research before my CLL.  If I ever decide to do my tibias, Dr. G will be my first choice then Dr. L then Dr. P then Dr. R.  The pro/con of Dr. G for me was pro: it’s was a successful surgery and lengthening.  Con: The plane ride back to the US was painful especially if you have a window seat compare an aisle seat like I did. 

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2020, 05:09:08 PM »

Hey Azman, how is your recovery going? Coming from a member who is going to Dr.Giotikas in a month!

azman

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2020, 09:52:38 PM »

Hey Azman, how is your recovery going? Coming from a member who is going to Dr.Giotikas in a month!

Legs feels great beside the off and on night pain that last one or two nights, but haven’t had those pain since 3weeks ago hopefully it’s don’t come back.

Are you doing your tibias or femurs?

AppleFanBoy

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 07:47:34 PM »

That’s amazing news and I am doing femurs Stryde.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 07:52:21 PM »

Hello sir. Let us know your motivations for breaking your legs and suffering short term. What is your motivation sir. What is the problem before in life, and wat changed after sir. Thank you azzman. Thank you.

And you are azmen good sir
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

azman

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2020, 03:15:58 AM »

Hello sir. Let us know your motivations for breaking your legs and suffering short term. What is your motivation sir. What is the problem before in life, and wat changed after sir. Thank you azzman. Thank you.

And you are azmen good sir

Didn't see this one and most of other post.  Well it all come down to me being tired of being short and was finally able to do something about it with permanent results. Pain can be temporary but suffering can be avoided.  Life before was an inner problem, but that didn't let it stop me from achieving what I wanted in life.  After, is an uplift in life and a sense of fulfilment.  And yes I am an Ass Man = Azman.

The real question is, will you be unfulfilled if you don't do CLL and have it stuck on your mind every day, every hour or worst every minute of your day? 

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2020, 04:26:33 AM »

Didn't see this one and most of other post.  Well it all come down to me being tired of being short and was finally able to do something about it with permanent results. Pain can be temporary but suffering can be avoided.  Life before was an inner problem, but that didn't let it stop me from achieving what I wanted in life.  After, is an uplift in life and a sense of fulfilment.  And yes I am an Ass Man = Azman.

The real question is, will you be unfulfilled if you don't do CLL and have it stuck on your mind every day, every hour or worst every minute of your day?

Thank you Glutius Maximus Man.

Jokes aside, yeah I definitely have thought about that. I thought about it I never found this forum it discovered precice nail internal. I think this discoveries just made me waste my time in life and got me going in terms of dealing with my height insecurity changed from: "I'll try to love myself and improve" to "I'll wait for the surgery instead of self-help or therapy"

In a way it is a double edge sword. I have wasted so much time here and now essentially think about my height on a 24/7 basis, something that wasn't the case before. It definitely propagated my height neurosis longer. Maybe not stronger, but definitely longer.

But at the time same time, I can say with certainty I will get this neurosis cured, because such a surgery exists. I could not say this with certainty before I discovered LL internal method. I do not know if I will just enjoy being an adult while feeling like a kid. A GHkid.

But now I have hope. It's almost guaranteed I'll get this though, and that's a bad thing to be hooked on or fixated on. But at least I am starting to get closure.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

las vegas baby

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2020, 05:46:00 AM »

This dilemna would not exist if leg length surgery became mainstream. Then you dont' have to look deep inside your psyche to understand if you need it or not, for YEARS! I still wish some of the folks in the medical community get this to show us that "it can be easily done to get a few inches" hey who doesn't want a few inches? except those at 6 foot already.

it still puzzles me why some of the people closest involved in leg length surgery: doctors, surgeons, people who do  research, people who make nails, these people didn't think "hey why dont' I just geti it for myself?"

like they understand leg length surgery inside and out and know its safe. and the world is superficial af. so why don't these people at least those on shorter spectrum get it done?

exceeding2meters

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2020, 07:50:45 AM »

This dilemna would not exist if leg length surgery became mainstream. Then you dont' have to look deep inside your psyche to understand if you need it or not, for YEARS! I still wish some of the folks in the medical community get this to show us that "it can be easily done to get a few inches" hey who doesn't want a few inches? except those at 6 foot already.

it still puzzles me why some of the people closest involved in leg length surgery: doctors, surgeons, people who do  research, people who make nails, these people didn't think "hey why dont' I just geti it for myself?"

like they understand leg length surgery inside and out and know its safe. and the world is superficial af. so why don't these people at least those on shorter spectrum get it done?

I don't think the surgery is safe. Imo a better way to put it is that it is possible to get a few inches without becoming a cripple for the next couple decades (do we have any veterans who are over 20 years after LL? ) while risking chronic pain and certainly losing significant athletic ability. After that, you weight what is more important. For me certainly the height.

Also it is better for this to not become mainstream. Then people (especially women) will be on the lookout for weird proportions and scars, and our life will get more difficult than it already is.
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up