Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: South Korea - 7cm lengthening with Dr.Lee  (Read 3251 times)

Mark.Lee

• Visitor
South Korea - 7cm lengthening with Dr.Lee
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:20:12 PM »

Hi! I got here on September 9th and was operated with LON method on 10th. Ever since I was 17 years old, I was interested in leg lengthening surgery so I researched many diaries and writings about this surgery and I found information and diaries from Dr.Lee’s naver cafe forum like here the most trustful so decided to undergo this surgery with Dr. Lee. People might ask me why I chose Dr. Lee when his price is higher than other doctors, but I put safety as my priority. Also, I researched and realized how Dr. Lee is really known for outstanding surgical techniques and experiences in CLL surgery. Plus seeing his name mentioning a lot here made me really think he is even internationally well known that I didn’t doubt about his price. So I thought it will be worth it. And when I actually met him it assured me to trust him more because he answered all my questions nicely and assured me about the surgery taking away some of the fear that I still had.

As I read all the diaries written by other people at kikusa over 5 years, I thought it will be really painful but actually the pain wasn’t so bad. Of course it’s different for everyone becuase some people are sensitive to pain and some are not. I guess I’m closer to people who are not sensitive to the pain. I did have fever and feel the pain pretty bad for about 4 days after surgery but the nurse constantly checked my blood pressure and temperature etc. and really took cared very kindly so I thought I made a good decision to get operated here. A little after I’m rehabilitating everyday and here physical therapists are also all nice that I’m able to rehabilitate easily.

To answer some question... as I’m staying in the hospital, I met many patients and got to talk to them a little and many of them have done femur lengthening with precice. They were all satisfied to undergo the surgery with precice and seem to really exercise and rehabilitate hard as the rehab center is right below the ward. And seems like the system here is well organized for international patients to come and undergo CLL surgery without any difficulties that seems like they were many. And I can tell that the hospital tried their best for the interior to be really patient friendly so it’s really nice. Staffs here are also all very friendly. They explain everything and gave nice care so it really meant a lot to me.

Next time hopefully I can share my lengthening follow up if possible with my x-rays:)   

Michael01

Re: South Korea - 7cm lengthening with Dr.Lee
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 12:25:33 PM »

People might ask me why I chose Dr. Lee when his price is higher than other doctors, but I put safety as my priority.
You are smart.

Can you use SwimEx with frames?

Don't you think 7cm is too much?

I hope you will be fine.

Mark.Lee

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »

left -> 1.9cm
right -> 2.1cm

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 09:14:07 AM »

Hello dear. Dr.  Lee is a good doctor and surgeon. Prof.Dr.Metin Kucukkaya and Dr.Lee working on inventing a new nail. http://synoste.com/ My doctor Assoc. Dr Özgür Karakoyun and Metin Kucukkaya worked together for many years. Lon femur is not recommended because it is uncomfortable  but I must say that Lon Femur is totally Old but Gold. In most internal nail models other than Precice, the lengthening section cannot be undone.

Many mechanical nails are thick and this is a problem.  Some of them may also deteriorate.  Yes, internal nails are best for the femur but which internal nails?  Precice Stryde is the best now. Because it is partly thin because it is not mechanical nail, it is magnetic.  It breaks less.  It can carry the fully body load and The lengthening can be undone. If an internal nail does not have all of these features, Lon Femur is still preferable.

I've met many CLL patients with Lon Femur in Turkey.  Their lengthening amount about 7-8-9 cm.  They were fine after 1 year.  I'm not someone who trusts people easily.  So I searched like a detective himself.  I met them in real life.  I watched their videos.  I even visited some of them after surgery.  I followed them until they recovered.

If your doctor is good, Lon Femur is a successful method.  It's also economical.  The chances of infection are further reduced if the schanz screws are not much.  I've known a lot of patients.  I didn't see infection as a big problem. I believed in the prejudices in this forum about Lon Femur. But then I saw that not everything is described in this forum.  Even Paley still uses this method in some special cases.  In fact, this method is still used in many case.  Firstly Bluebarbie's diary gave me courage.  A 145cm girl lenghening 8.4 cm with LATN FEMUR. Then I met many Turkish patients. 

I argue that Lon Femur is even better than Lon Tibia for especially +6cm lengthening amounts. Because I've seen a lot of patients.  I've read a lot of medical articles. My advice to everyone if you are considering single stage lengthening, please prefer lengthening Femur bonre. Not as painful as forum members says. It's funny that people who didnt lon femurs surgery said it is very, very painful. I'm over 5mm right now.  I had surgery on October 9th.
The first day, my pain was sometimes 7/10. Especially at night.  But it was never like the pain of death.  Day 2 and day 3 had pain near zero.  Knees sometimes leaking.  But this is not a great pain momentarily.  The body gets used to it.  The pain of the pin locations similar to the short-term burning of the penicillin needle when
try sitting or try standing up. There is no problem routine walking or stationary  lying.

I wonder if I'm too tough.  No.  The patient who had surgery one day before me was staying in my side hospital room.  He was like me about pain level. The nurses said he was worse than me the first day. He even told me that you were fine the first day.  He said me he passed out for short term on the first day because of this pain.

But in short, i and my cll friend were both fine from the morning of the second day.  On the first day, nurses was given pain medication with narcotic effect at night.  Other than that, they never did. On the second and third day, serum with simple painkiller was inserted.  Two or three times a day.  It was never given after the third day. I've only been drinking 1 Volteren and 1 Parol  once a day. Even if I don't drink them.  This is purely psychological.  Getting more comfortable for sleep.  I'm really confused right now.  I never slept on my back since I was a baby.  I have to sleep on my back every day and I'm used to it easily.

Of course, this decision is very difficult.  But please choose good doctors. See medical articles on the Internet.  I think you should prefer doctors who have scientific studies and you should meet his previous patients and don't do this surgery without knowledge.  For example I think it is suicide to lengthening over 7cm from the Tibia. For example Lengthening without intramedullary nails with  only external device is outraged and out of age for +5 cm lengthening.

I wish you success.  Your doctor is really good.  He's a scientific surgeon. I know him although I am in Turkey  :)
I hope we'il both achieve our goal.
Weight:79kg Birth date:1993 English isnt good.

Edit: I just had this surgery on 9 october 2019. My doctor is Associate Professor Ozgur Karakoyun. LON Femur with Ortovia Fixators(%100 turkish made) 4 schanz screw. My lengthening goal is min 8cm

sopranos

• "There is no tomarrow"
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 09:24:05 AM »

Friend i have 2 question for you

1- What is your fixator brand and model? (for examples: Orthofix Lrs fixator etc.)
2-How many schanz screws does your device has? (for example my right leg fixator have 4 schanz screw. 2 of them on the bottom, 2 of them on the top)

Weight:79kg Birth date:1993 English isnt good.

Edit: I just had this surgery on 9 october 2019. My doctor is Associate Professor Ozgur Karakoyun. LON Femur with Ortovia Fixators(%100 turkish made) 4 schanz screw. My lengthening goal is min 8cm

Mark.Lee

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 06:49:00 AM »

left -> 2.9
right -> 3

Mark.Lee

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 11:15:24 PM »

You are smart.

Can you use SwimEx with frames?

Don't you think 7cm is too much?

I hope you will be fine.

No, with the external fixator I can’t be in swimex.

So at first my goal was to go over 7cm but now I going to stop at 5cm because I can’t stand the pain. I guess it was too much for me. But I’m alright thanks!

Mark.Lee

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »

No, with the external fixator I can’t be in swimex.

So at first my goal was to go over 7cm but now I going to stop at 5cm because I can’t stand the pain. I guess it was too much for me. But I’m alright thanks!

Mark.Lee

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »

Thanks and wish you all the best as well!

1.     I asked and my external fixator is Korean product

2.     On top – 1 schanz pin and 2 trocar pins

Bottom – 2 trocar pins

Dreamer57

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 06:19:05 AM »

Your x-rays look good, the bone is perfectly aligned...! And callis formation has started too....best of luck for it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up