Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Range of Motion  (Read 992 times)

Tyler14

• Visitor
Bad Range of Motion
« on: October 08, 2019, 12:57:03 AM »

Hello
I had CLL late April so I'm currently 5 month post op. Thankfully I distracted 7cm with no issues, my only setback (or blessing) was that my bone was growing way to fast so I had to do 4 sessions of 0.33mm the whole lengthening phase instead of 3 sessions which is what most do. Because I was lengthening so fast to prevent pre-mature consolidation my range of motion became really bad. I also wasn't doing much stretching or physical therapy which was my fault. Anyways at my worst stage my range of motion of knee bending was down to only about 40 degrees which is horrible. Normally someone should be able to bend the leg back and touch your behind which is 180 degrees. I was way off, anyways after I finished lengthening I went hard with the physical therapy and stretching and was able to bring my knee bending to like 130-140 degrees (which is where I stand now). I am back to my normal life pre-op and resumed all regular activities, work, gym, friends, etc.. My leg doesn't affect me in my normal routines but I am unable to sit on the floor in the "Diamond Pose" google that to get a reference of what I'm talking about. I'm stretching and trying to get to the full 180 degrees so I can sit on the floor but I feel like I stuck at the 140 degrees that I am. Does anyone have any advice on how to go about this? To people who had CLL already, how long after op did you regain full range of motion?
By the way I did the surgery with Mahboubian, I am 30 years old.

dunghuynh2227

Re: Bad Range of Motion
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:52:10 AM »

i think u should ask your Dr instead of here . most people here is prepare for LL or doing LL . we dont have experience it yet

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 04:11:16 AM »

I had about 35-40 degrees of knee bend after frame removal of femurs and it took me about 6 months to be able to bend my leg back all the way to my butt. Its gonna hurt but keep trying. The last 40 degrees feel like forever and might seem like you aint getting progress but dont stop stretching.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Tyler14

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 01:27:03 AM »

Hey Jim
Thank you for taking the time to answer, You just gave me so much motivation and hope. I really don’t mind if it takes 6 months or even a whole year because it’s not stopping me from doing much other than sitting on the floor but it’s still something I would like to achieve. Do you have an exercise or stretching pose that worked well for you?
Thank you

crubatm

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 03:49:06 AM »

Hello, could u please provide how much the cost$ for your surgery was? It's much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up