Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Regarding sleep, is it more about the duration or what time you go to sleep?  (Read 837 times)

Since I was a kid till adult, I slept at 5AM till 6AM. That obviously stunts growth.

But what if, what if, I slept at 5AM and wake up at 1PM. That's technically still 8 hours of sleep. Is it better or just equally worse?

Some people said that growth hormone is happening at 1AM so that wouldn't work. I personally think don't believe this. Our body isn't so advanced that it can actually tell time. Maybe if that happens just once then our body recognizes the changes. But if it's a habit then I don't know how, unless our body can recognize it by room temperature and light. I always sleep with air con on so there's no difference, but the light yes even with curtains I can see there's sunlight during the day.

GrowTow

Are you saying you slept 1 hour a day your entire childhood? That's gotta be bs, you'd be dead.

But yeah, it doesn't matter what time you sleep, as long as you sleep enough. 6am to 2pm or 11pm to 7am, no difference.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Are you saying you slept 1 hour a day your entire childhood? That's gotta be bs, you'd be dead.

But yeah, it doesn't matter what time you sleep, as long as you sleep enough. 6am to 2pm or 11pm to 7am, no difference.

Sometimes it's 3AM-5.30AM. Sometimes it's 5AM-6AM. Sometimes I didn't sleep at all. To be honest, I'm not sure about the exact number of the average. But I remember that I was once very grateful about being able to get nearly 4 hours of sleep one night. 4 hours was the best and a very rare occassion.

But I don't think you'd die easily from sleep deprivation haha. If you Google, you'd find there are people who went over 10 days straight without sleep and are alive now. It's just a common misconception that someone could die easily just from not sleeping.

Sanity

just look at how tall ur dad is. And im sure he mustve gotten 9-10 hours sleep every night as there werent any distractions in those days. subtract ur height from his and ul know how much uve lost.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

The duration matters a lot more than when the sleep occurs.  People who work nights and have regular sleep schedules without distractions or responsibilities during the day are pretty well-off compared to the ones who get only a few hours in, even if those are at the peak of when sleep is beneficial to you.

The duration matters a lot more than when the sleep occurs.  People who work nights and have regular sleep schedules without distractions or responsibilities during the day are pretty well-off compared to the ones who get only a few hours in, even if those are at the peak of when sleep is beneficial to you.

So you're saying that kids who sleep from 6AM to 2PM still have a little chance to stunt their growth?

soitchi

So you're saying that kids who sleep from 6AM to 2PM still have a little chance to stunt their growth?
How tall were you supposed to be @Bruce Wayne?
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown
Pages: [1]   Go Up