Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The next generation!  (Read 2119 times)

Bruno Mars

The next generation!
« on: October 19, 2019, 03:32:30 AM »

So I really need to get this question out of my system.
What is your plan to improve height for your children since we all know that we all carry that short gene in our DNA?
We all experience the pain of being short and there is a high chance that our children will go through this pain again when they are old enough to be  aware of it.

Are you gonna be a hypocrite about it and tell them that look aint matter?
Another CLL?
Or just try to find a tall spouse?

Share with me your thoughts guys!!!

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
Re: The next generation!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 04:25:18 AM »

I'll find a tall spouse and possibly growth hormons just to be sure.
 Though I don't think short genes are very strong in my family anyway . Most people are around average height, however, I was born nearly three months prematurely which I'm sure had a big impact on my potential

GrowTow

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »

If you're a guy, having a tall wife has 0 impact on your child's height.

I think most of us on this forum accept our   genes and have decided not to have kids otherwise they'd go through the same thing. (Speaking on behalf of those under 5'6). Whereas if you're 5'6+ then your child will grow 2-4 inches taller than you which would be fine.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Bruno Mars

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:28:47 PM »

If you're a guy, having a tall wife has 0 impact on your child's height.

I think most of us on this forum accept our   genes and have decided not to have kids otherwise they'd go through the same thing. (Speaking on behalf of those under 5'6). Whereas if you're 5'6+ then your child will grow 2-4 inches taller than you which would be fine.

Could you give me a scientific study that prove what you just stated loll
Also, I dont think its normal to not have children or to adopt children when you are capable of having your own children.

Heightmare

• Onwards and Upwards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 04:38:18 PM »

Could you give me a scientific study that prove what you just stated loll
Also, I dont think its normal to not have children or to adopt children when you are capable of having your own children.
There was an article by the BBC back in 2006 about this and that was it...
It doesn't appear to be significant regardless otherwise the science would probably be more clear by now.
Height is a polygenic trait one side can't really predominate over the other unless the height genes are located on the X or Y chromosomes. This doesn't seem to be the case since a tall person is likely to have tall sons and daughters.

Megaman(blueboy)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »

Your kids height is based off both parents

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »

So I really need to get this question out of my system.
What is your plan to improve height for your children since we all know that we all carry that short gene in our DNA?
Well, we don't all know that we have short genes. That's definitely not my case even though I was 165cm (5'5'') before LL.

I had a heart problem when I was a baby and that robbed me of some height as an adult. My brother is 185cm (6'1), my father was taller than me too (5'8'') and according to my family doctors my expected height (minus the heart problem) would have been AT LEAST 180cm.

So in my case part of my frustration of being short, other than the discrimination, was the fact that I felt robbed of my expected height.

I assume a lot of guys here on the forum are similar to me: if you are substantially shorter than your dad and/or brothers, you probably do not have "short genes" but ended up short for other reasons (health issues, nutrition, etc...)

But if you indeed have short genes, I think the best solution is:

1) Marry a tall woman.
2) Save money for growth hormone therapy and LL for your kids. I would say this is more important than saving money for college, because a bright kid can win a full scholarship for college but nor a free LL.

LLMadeMeTall

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 06:09:28 PM »

As mentioned already, there may be other medical reasons why someone didn't grow to a particular height that do not have to do with genetics.  In that case nothing to worry about.

In my case, I wasn't short before LL (unless you consider anything under 6' to be "short"), so I'm not so worried.  However, to be on the safe side, I am keeping an eye out for a tall woman to be my future wife.  (Assuming things work that way.)  Beyond that, I will wait and see how tall my future children will end up when they actually exist.

Astronomy

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 12:54:13 PM »

I don't think a tall wife is a good idea.
The main reason is that,maybe you knew,she feels she doesn't fit your height and maybe you'll feel so.
I'm a f**king short male so I refuse to have a child.I know what will happen to him.

<shortman>

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 11:54:49 AM »

If I want a child so badly I will choose a tall egg donor or simply I will not have kids.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:23:20 PM by <shortman> »

snowpiecer

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »

Some people have weird genes. I know 3 men who are about 5'3 and 5'4 and have children who are 6 feet tall.
(Their wives are short too)

Montreal172

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 07:04:08 PM »

It's a gamble, there is no approach to tall genes.
You could do LL and get a tall partner, but never a guarantee.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 09:17:59 AM »

I don't think people realized how easy Growth Hormones are for kids to manage- they really aren't a burden at all. It's not even like a prick- it's practically painless the insulin needle that goes into kid's stomachs. Once a day before bed.

The rich in South Korea- the bourgeoisie, you may say- have been using growth hormones on their kids for decades. It's like a thing there, my first or second cousin has a rich as fk dad and I learned that the injected his sons with growth hormones and their both 6'0 or 6'1... the dad is 5'6 lmao and mom's like 5'3. The boys are in their 30's now, and they came out perfectly fine and ready to be heirs lmaoo. Doctors give prescriptions for this   easy like it's Tylenol if you have money.

The point is, growth hormones are a thing now. Don't worry about your kids being short and having to find a tall wife or   like that. GH isn't nearly as a burden as say- being a fat fking diabetic and needing to time your insulin and   and taking injections. Both are relatively normal things and HGH doesn't really have much issues anymore for kids. Especially the high quality pharma grade HGH they make now- that   is clean.

Obviously it's better for kids to be natural and grow naturally- but kids who have taken HGH almost always turn out fine- not to mention South Korea's elite has been doing this   for a while now. And they're all turning out happy and pretty damn tall.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

V

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2020, 12:22:12 AM »

I don't think people realized how easy Growth Hormones are for kids to manage- they really aren't a burden at all. It's not even like a prick- it's practically painless the insulin needle that goes into kid's stomachs. Once a day before bed.

The rich in South Korea- the bourgeoisie, you may say- have been using growth hormones on their kids for decades. It's like a thing there, my first or second cousin has a rich as fk dad and I learned that the injected his sons with growth hormones and their both 6'0 or 6'1... the dad is 5'6 lmao and mom's like 5'3. The boys are in their 30's now, and they came out perfectly fine and ready to be heirs lmaoo. Doctors give prescriptions for this   easy like it's Tylenol if you have money.

The point is, growth hormones are a thing now. Don't worry about your kids being short and having to find a tall wife or   like that. GH isn't nearly as a burden as say- being a fat fking diabetic and needing to time your insulin and   and taking injections. Both are relatively normal things and HGH doesn't really have much issues anymore for kids. Especially the high quality pharma grade HGH they make now- that   is clean.

Obviously it's better for kids to be natural and grow naturally- but kids who have taken HGH almost always turn out fine- not to mention South Korea's elite has been doing this   for a while now. And they're all turning out happy and pretty damn tall.

No way this is real...

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 10:09:39 AM »

I doubt it's real because normal HGH dosages don't give a kid a crazy amount of height unless the kid has a HGH deficiency to begin with. If you give them insanely high dosages it might, but that might also increase the risk of cancer or other diseases long-term.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

V

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »

I doubt it's real because normal HGH dosages don't give a kid a crazy amount of height unless the kid has a HGH deficiency to begin with. If you give them insanely high dosages it might, but that might also increase the risk of cancer or other diseases long-term.

I also heard HGH makes ur bones thicker not longer.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »

No way this is real...

Certainly real. Go to south korea and ask what "problem" most endocrinologists work with. It will be literally 90% is just parents worrying about their kids height. Heightism is real in Asia- every parent wants the best for their kid.

HGH certainly makes you grow without a deficiency. It's prescribed for idiopathic short stature- aka a "non-disesase", a kid has natural hormone levels and natural IGF-1, only thing is that the kid is short. Otherwise healthy. Cancer risk is a given with anything that speeds up growth- but it's a risk many parents are willing to take. Cancer is mostly genetically pre-disposed anyways, but that's another story. Increase of IGF-1 makes you taller period. There's no magical cutoff IGF-1 level that all of a sudden makes HGH ineffective at increase your height. It certainly is less effective for "normal" kids, but they will still grow- and as you said with high-dose- many parents up the dosages. This is the problem with Heightist countries. Enough said.

HGH makes your bones thicker always. However- after physis bone fusion- your bones don't grow longer but rather wider at a much more significantly rate compared to if your plates are open. This is why fully grown adults can't use HGH- their bones are fused. Using HGH will just make their bones wider and not longer. The "widening" is minimal at best though, density does increase and studies show this but it is a very insignificant amount.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 07:22:05 PM »

This is still all pretty anecdotal and there might be truth to it - it's South Korea after all, which is a country quite known for pretty messed up values and societal tendencies - but there is still much room for questions and sources. How many are these "many parents who up the dosages" in relation to all parents? How many Korean endocrinologists who prescripe HGH to normally tall kids actually exist, and are they breaking laws/regulations while doing so? I'm aware that kids without HGH deficiency can still grow with HGH, but there's been discussions and anecdotes on this forum with posters saying the increase above the natural height potential is not more than 1-4 inches (a kid destined to be 5'5 will not grow to 6'1 with HGH so to speak).

In any case, HGH needs to be combined with aromatose inhibitors to make such a difference, it runs costly and the treatment has to be sustained throughout puberty. I also doubt that the average height of "South Korea's elite" (however that term is exactly defined) is 6'0'-6'1 already, but even if it is, I would not find the situation you described decent and worthy of imitation. Instead of succumbing to this chilling, ever-increasing primacy of capitalist competition, vanity and one-upmanship like some Asian and Western societies appear to be, should we not strive to foster a culture of understanding, mutual respect and solidarity instead, as there are far more grievous issues - such as climate change - facing us all, which cannot be solved by these forms of biological and economical arms racing?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

V

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 01:19:20 AM »

Certainly real. Go to south korea and ask what "problem" most endocrinologists work with. It will be literally 90% is just parents worrying about their kids height. Heightism is real in Asia- every parent wants the best for their kid.

HGH certainly makes you grow without a deficiency. It's prescribed for idiopathic short stature- aka a "non-disesase", a kid has natural hormone levels and natural IGF-1, only thing is that the kid is short. Otherwise healthy. Cancer risk is a given with anything that speeds up growth- but it's a risk many parents are willing to take. Cancer is mostly genetically pre-disposed anyways, but that's another story. Increase of IGF-1 makes you taller period. There's no magical cutoff IGF-1 level that all of a sudden makes HGH ineffective at increase your height. It certainly is less effective for "normal" kids, but they will still grow- and as you said with high-dose- many parents up the dosages. This is the problem with Heightist countries. Enough said.

HGH makes your bones thicker always. However- after physis bone fusion- your bones don't grow longer but rather wider at a much more significantly rate compared to if your plates are open. This is why fully grown adults can't use HGH- their bones are fused. Using HGH will just make their bones wider and not longer. The "widening" is minimal at best though, density does increase and studies show this but it is a very insignificant amount.

Thanks for proving my point, by the way you see alot of bodybuilders who use HGH get bigger heads that should be a dead giveaway for the people wondering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up