Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to be a serious athlete after LL?  (Read 2393 times)

Is it possible to be a serious athlete after LL?
« on: November 14, 2019, 04:42:24 AM »

I'm talking about someone competing in ADCC/UFC level after LL. Yeah I know it's not easy in the first place even without LL. But let's say you got the talent and skills but you do LL, would it be a big problem?

Dr. Paley once said that we'll get back to our previous level. But he's known for being dishonest, isn't he?

I could live with a little loss of athleticism. We can just take it as if we were to suffer from some sports injury and then got surgery and lose  a little something. But nothing significant.

Sanity

Re: Is it possible to be a serious athlete after LL?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 05:10:11 AM »

probably not.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 05:11:24 AM »

probably not.

Would you elaborate? Based on your own LL experience, would you say that you will lose significant athleticism?

soitchi

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 06:01:35 AM »

What happened to extra height = extra inches your opponent need to reach to hit you lol?

A broken bone is a big injury as it is and can destroy careers, imagine what two possibly four broken limbs would do to top athlete's career and not only that, the limbs, muscles, etc. are stretched.

Also I don't think you understand the relationship between height and weight when it comes to combat sports. Sorry pal but Dana ain't signing an almost 30 year old guy with no record from Indonesia who'd have lengthened his legs to fight in the premier MMA organization of the world. I mean dude, do you at least take PEDs?
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 06:08:11 AM »

If you are not at the level of UFC now, you won't be able to reach UFC level after LL.  It is so obvious, right?  So why don't you reach UFC level first and then decide whether you want to do LL or not?

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 06:40:15 AM »

What happened to extra height = extra inches your opponent need to reach to hit you lol?

A broken bone is a big injury as it is and can destroy careers, imagine what two possibly four broken limbs would do to top athlete's career and not only that, the limbs, muscles, etc. are stretched.

Also I don't think you understand the relationship between height and weight when it comes to combat sports. Sorry pal but Dana ain't signing an almost 30 year old guy with no record from Indonesia who'd have lengthened his legs to fight in the premier MMA organization of the world. I mean dude, do you at least take PEDs?

Yes, 'extra height = extra inches your opponent need to reach to hit you' is still a valid theory. But what I am talking about is mostly in terms of explosiveness and legs strength.

And as I said earlier, if I am not in it because I don't have the ability, it's perfectly fine. But not because I do LL just to reach the height that I should have reached naturally.

And that being said, I am still over 3 years shy of 30, so there's probably still time and I also have 3 kickboxing records from 7 years ago :)

If you are not at the level of UFC now, you won't be able to reach UFC level after LL.  It is so obvious, right?  So why don't you reach UFC level first and then decide whether you want to do LL or not?

Because by the time I reach UFC level, I will be 35-40? So I'm thinking of pursuing both LL and my career at the same time and see which one gets there first.

I also don't fully understand what you're saying. Whether I am UFC level now or not, if LL really does damages to athleticism, I will still suffer from it right? And technique wise, whether I got LL or not, I will still be able to learn them properly? It's not like UFC level fighters are immune to LL risks.

Good idea regardless!

Sweden

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

I made it back to be a Pro Athlete, which I never thought was possible.

Yes, it hurts more and knees ache and tendons can be stiff. I need to fight smarter today than I used to.
It was truly the greatest feeling winning my first big tournament after LL. Now I compete worldwide - again. =)

I ran 8km yesterday, went to the gym and fought several sparring matches in the evening.
Today I’m pretty sore. Left knee ache more than right. I was able to run to catch the train this morning - that felt a lot, but it was possible.

You’re safer doing maximum 5cm on tibias. I did 7. Not a great idea!!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 04:14:53 PM »

Yes, it hurts more and knees ache and tendons can be stiff. I need to fight smarter today than I used to.
It was truly the greatest feeling winning my first big tournament after LL. Now I compete worldwide - again. =)

I ran 8km yesterday, went to the gym and fought several sparring matches in the evening.
Today I’m pretty sore. Left knee ache more than right. I was able to run to catch the train this morning - that felt a lot, but it was possible.

I'm happy for you bro. But to be fair, we can't compare Taekwondo to MMA especially UFC.

What you said is actually scary.

How much athleticism do you feel that you lost?

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 07:34:21 AM »

And that being said, I am still over 3 years shy of 30, so there's probably still time and I also have 3 kickboxing records from 7 years ago :)

Because by the time I reach UFC level, I will be 35-40? So I'm thinking of pursuing both LL and my career at the same time and see which one gets there first.

I also don't fully understand what you're saying. Whether I am UFC level now or not, if LL really does damages to athleticism, I will still suffer from it right? And technique wise, whether I got LL or not, I will still be able to learn them properly? It's not like UFC level fighters are immune to LL risks.

Good idea regardless!
Hi Bruce
You are already 33 years old and hoping to reach UFC level at 35-40.  This plan is even without LL.  If you are about 40, your career as a UFC fighter (perhaps any MMA fighter) is done.  Only few legendary fighters can continue competition over 40.  If you can't reach UFC before 35 or so, you will be much better off to find some other jobs.

That being said, if you do even LL, it will definitely slow down your career for UFC, at least like 2 years or much more.  In this scenario, I don't see much time left for you to continue being a UFC fighter, even if you somehow make into UFC.  You'd better focus on either UFC or LL and choose your career or life.

Good luck!

Sweden

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 11:14:34 AM »

I'm happy for you bro. But to be fair, we can't compare Taekwondo to MMA especially UFC.

What you said is actually scary.

How much athleticism do you feel that you lost?

Around 20% probably.

But, I made it in to the pro’s. I think my lower ability of today is still far greater than the average Joe.
I’m still the fastest in our Team when running 6km. Maybe that says a lot about the younger generation more then me. =)

Left knee still ache today. It is a minor challenge to stand up from sitting down bc of the soreness. But that’s the name of the game.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Movie

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 11:25:00 AM »

But you guys got to remember, Sweden still has his rods in ... could be a different story, possibly slight improvement in terms of mobility and also aches might or might not be still present.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 11:41:02 AM »

Hi Bruce
You are already 33 years old and hoping to reach UFC level at 35-40.  This plan is even without LL.  If you are about 40, your career as a UFC fighter (perhaps any MMA fighter) is done.  Only few legendary fighters can continue competition over 40.  If you can't reach UFC before 35 or so, you will be much better off to find some other jobs.

That being said, if you do even LL, it will definitely slow down your career for UFC, at least like 2 years or much more.  In this scenario, I don't see much time left for you to continue being a UFC fighter, even if you somehow make into UFC.  You'd better focus on either UFC or LL and choose your career or life.

Good luck!

I don't know how you got the idea that I'm 33.

Around 20% probably.

But, I made it in to the pro’s. I think my lower ability of today is still far greater than the average Joe.
I’m still the fastest in our Team when running 6km. Maybe that says a lot about the younger generation more then me. =)

Left knee still ache today. It is a minor challenge to stand up from sitting down bc of the soreness. But that’s the name of the game.

20% is quite a lot actually. The increase in height is worth the loss in athleticism.

We can improvise our style in a way that doesn't emphasize on muscle strength, such as BJJ.

But you guys got to remember, Sweden still has his rods in ... could be a different story, possibly slight improvement in terms of mobility and also aches might or might not be still present.

That's a valid theory. Maybe 20% becomes 10% without rods.

YungGud

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 01:53:20 PM »

What about  5 cm on femurs (im 24 y/o right now and 178 cm)
it will be  very cool to have a heigt increase and get back to normal conditions
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Sanity

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 05:58:44 AM »

Would you elaborate? Based on your own LL experience, would you say that you will lose significant athleticism?
the thing is not the broken bones themselves. they just heal and become as strong as before even stronger sometimes regardless of being stretched. The main compromise comes due to the stretched muscles and ligaments. ll done within 10% of the initial length or in rare cases 15% of it, would definetely allow you to return athletic abilities as before but most of the people do it for cosmetic reasons and they go over these threshholds.

Although alot of muscle weakness that comes from stretched muscles can be negated through great nutrition and muscle training in gym over 1-2 years but then again there is also another problem that is of balance. Im not saying your balance in everyday activities will be effected. One would only feel balancing a problem if he was competing in competitive sports with other athletes. This is mostly because 1, ur body was not used to the new centre of gravity and new position it balances now suddenly and secondly the proportions of other limbs cause a slight mismatch.

That is why I said probably not. You wont be effected in you everyday activities, normal jogging/running doing regular sports even. But competitive sports, you will definetely loose the edge.

post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 12:09:25 PM »

the thing is not the broken bones themselves. they just heal and become as strong as before even stronger sometimes regardless of being stretched. The main compromise comes due to the stretched muscles and ligaments. ll done within 10% of the initial length or in rare cases 15% of it, would definetely allow you to return athletic abilities as before but most of the people do it for cosmetic reasons and they go over these threshholds.

Although alot of muscle weakness that comes from stretched muscles can be negated through great nutrition and muscle training in gym over 1-2 years but then again there is also another problem that is of balance. Im not saying your balance in everyday activities will be effected. One would only feel balancing a problem if he was competing in competitive sports with other athletes. This is mostly because 1, ur body was not used to the new centre of gravity and new position it balances now suddenly and secondly the proportions of other limbs cause a slight mismatch.

That is why I said probably not. You wont be effected in you everyday activities, normal jogging/running doing regular sports even. But competitive sports, you will definetely loose the edge.
then get your body used to it?

Mzacr

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 01:47:28 AM »

Dude you need a reality check. If you're not ufc level right now what makes you so confident you can go that level basically handicapped in a young men sport? Are you delusional?

Montreal172

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 02:46:56 AM »

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Quid pro quo.
Equivalent exchange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up