Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: People inflating their height on the internet  (Read 1177 times)

IwannaBeTaller

People inflating their height on the internet
« on: December 04, 2019, 01:26:12 AM »

Some people have talked about people lying about their height and that many internet spaces make it seem that 6 foot is barely average, if not short, in [insert current year]. If anyone is curious for an example of the internet giving a completely distorted picture of human height, check this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gainit/comments/1b5911/the_ideal_weight_for_your_height/

It's a forum about people (mostly men) wanting to gain weight, and if aliens would read it with no other information, they'd probably conclude human average height is 6'2''. Reading just the first bunch of comments from top down, these are the self-reported heights of DIFFERENT posters in a normal forum talking about their height and weight:

6'6''
6'2''
6'2''
6'2''
5'7''
6'5''
6'5''
6'2''
6'2''
6'5''
6'4''
6'1''
6'1''
6'0''
5'7''
6'1''

I could go on an on, but this is basically how the whole thread looks like. Insane, isn't it? Is it because tall people are more likely to go on the internet looking for advice to bulk up, is it pure accident, or do some keyboard warriors massively inflate their height? Either way, no wonder people develop height dysphoria when being on the internet.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: People inflating their height on the internet
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 05:28:44 AM »

No short guy needs the internet for height dysphoria.  It's being physically looked down upon IRL that does it.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »

No short guy needs the internet for height dysphoria.  It's being physically looked down upon IRL that does it.

Depends on whether you mean "looked down upon" to mean being discriminated against, or simply being shorter than others. Because some of us never experienced heightism and the real average is definitely lower than the internet average.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 01:00:52 AM »

Its nothing new people lie/twist reality to look as best as they could. It ain't only the height thing

Or they just like to brag about their best traits to feel better about themselves, happens lol

Btw i wish i could weight fkin 70kgs, i gained few killos last months rip

ZUCC420

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:11:51 PM »

Depends on whether you mean "looked down upon" to mean being discriminated against, or simply being shorter than others. Because some of us never experienced heightism and the real average is definitely lower than the internet average.

I doubt anyone here who doesn't experience heightism wants to subject himself to such maximally invasive surgery. The only reason anyone would undergo LL is to ameliorate their aggrieved heightism, because of the nature of this surgery it should never be treated as a superficial cosmetic procedure that any narcissist with a trust fund can go through.

@IwannaBeTaller Dude you're talking about inflating on the internet? Please everyone inflates their height on the real world as well. I've seen 5'7 dudes calming 5'10" more than once.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 09:44:02 PM »

I doubt anyone here who doesn't experience heightism wants to subject himself to such maximally invasive surgery.

Guess again.

ZUCC420

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 11:27:56 PM »

Guess again.

I know it's a tongue and cheek response, but I sincerely doubt that narcissists are willing to follow through their proclamations made in this site.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Pages: [1]   Go Up