Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femoral lengthening 2020 with Dr Guichet (London)  (Read 2489 times)

Getting Tall 49

• Visitor
Femoral lengthening 2020 with Dr Guichet (London)
« on: February 16, 2020, 01:37:05 PM »

Hi! I am 49 year old and 5’4 (163 cm). I am in direct front office relation with my clients and my height is a suffering for me. I documented for 7 years then decided for it. I met before surgery patients. I chose Dr Guichet for the fast recovery and his long experience with weight-bearing nails (he told me over 30 years including his previous device, the Albizzia). At my age, security comes first.

I had the surgery late January in London.  Two hours after surgery, I already recovered full motion, could walk and bike 20 minutes. However, I could not do stairs (it is part of the standard recovery program) because of nausea and vomiting.

I wanted to leave in the evening; Dr Guichet encouraged me but told me it may be difficult. In fact, I was fine but a bit scarred and finally I stayed till the next day. I found out that exercises suppress pain. Next morning, I could do stairs. I could leave the hospital 26 hours after surgery. However it was extremely difficult. I have a flat on the second floor with no elevator and a narrow stairway, and I could not be well enough to go up with crutches. I managed it in steps, part on the buttock. I have help and of course, I preferred to be home.

Now, using crutches is easy and I recovered entirely autonomy. I can walk fast. I go everyday at the training centre (Isokinetic) and they are very professional and compassionate.

Clicking was stressful initially, mainly for the noise, but there is no pain. After lengthening, muscles contract a bit and that is why exercising is good. I do between 1.5 and 2 hours of bike per day.

The major problem I experience is a lack of sleep. I awake a lot, and sometimes I need to go on the bike and do exercises to get back to sleep. I am sleeping normally 6 hours per day, but after surgery barely 3 hours. I am trying few things and prescribed pills for finding the best way to sleep.

Pain is little, but I still take some painkillers. Interestingly, exercising is not a stupid ‘competition’ thing, it relieves pain!

Dr Guichet forces me to fill out everyday several forms on Internet and even I found it difficult, it helps to see results I can get. I register all the exercises I do, all medicine I take, clicks, pain, etc. The good thing is that I lost only in about 2 weeks 1.5 cm of thigh circumference! I am increasing resistance bike.

Motivation is not enough. Not listening to our tiredness, and perseverance are the most important targets.

Antoine187

• Visitor
Re: Femoral lengthening 2020 with Dr Guichet (London)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 03:57:02 PM »

Dear,

I am glad everything went well !
But we should never recommand a doctor who authorize to leave hospital one day after such a surgery : the risk of FES and VTE is just too the first few days after surgery and patient should be  under closed supervision.
Anyway G-nail is just obsolet, I don't undersand why people still go for it (stame for Betz bone, or fitbone). For potential patients, don t go for it !

snowpiecer

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:13:17 PM »

The guy is probably just advertising guichet. Unless you show videos and xray, nobody should believe you.

4cms

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:55:06 AM »

You know Dr guichet crippled Unicorn right?
She walks like penguin now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_KV48hMK8/?igshid=hkr2usryf4l2

Getting Tall 49

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 06:18:18 PM »

Just an update.
I am now 10 months from the surgery.
The lengthening was difficult to go through, but with perseverance, and even at my age, I could go back fast to all activities and work. I am now fully back to normal for quite few months and I resumed sports (golf, etc.). Fortunately, my work is also back to normal, even in the current difficult period.
When I discussed initially with Dr Guichet, he explained me clearly complications he had in patients and I signed a full information on his statistics over his 300 cosmetic lengthening. I judged that the risk was low enough to take my decision. I am not anymore young and I am not used to take decisions lightly.
Complications may occur with all surgeons, and you can choose anywhere, but in nowhere you will be immune from a complication, fracture slow healing, infection or another problem.
On the other way, I valued the time Dr Guichet dedicates for his patients and for me, all explanations and guidances he provides, and it counts a lot.
You asked me X-rays. If it works for the transfer, you will see 2 X-rays taken 17 days post-op, and one at 4 months and 4 days after surgery.
My experience is that motivation is necessary, clear vision of risks and direct contact with the surgeon is necessary, not classifying people too fast. His implant was the first one fully weight bearing 30 years ago and is in use now for these 30 years (if what he says is right).
I got 57 mm in 50 days and at my age, it changed my life.
Compliance was a major element in my success.
My best wishes to all of you who will undergo lengthening or who are in it.
My heart is with you.

Getting Tall 49

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 02:51:47 PM »

Hello, my x-ray images could not be uploaded in the forum. So please go to the following link to see them.

http://s01.geekpic.net/di-F85LK0.png

You will see 2 X-rays taken 17 days post-op, and one at 4 months and 4 days after surgery.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 06:14:16 PM »

So Dr. Guichet doesn't do stryde?
Pages: [1]   Go Up