Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ShyShy - Internal femurs - Dr Guichet 2013  (Read 65837 times)

programdude

Re: ShyShy - Internal femurs - Dr Guichet 2013
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »

Congrats on the huge success! I envy your position and hope in 9 months I am in the same boat!
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Taller

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:33 PM »

Could you run 5 kilometers as quickly and easily as before surgery?

ShyShy

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »

Could you run 5 kilometers as quickly and easily as before surgery?
I do bodybuilding, n i don't feel like running 5km ;D I think it would only be a question of stamina, IMO not hard to get back.

What awesome news to hear! Did your running speed come back 100% (or at least 99,999999%  ;) )?
From my POV it's fully back. For fun, i did a 400m few days ago in ~ 55 sec. It's not fast, but i never been a sprinter n thats more or less what i could do before the surgery. Anyway, the most important for me is that i completely get back the feeling of explosiveness in my muscles.

Congrats on the huge success! I envy your position and hope in 9 months I am in the same boat!

I wish u the same or even better  :)
From ~168 to ~175,5
6 months post-surgery, sprint, jump and squat

Taller

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 07:26:24 PM »

For fun, i did a 400m few days ago in ~ 55 sec. It's not fast, but i never been a sprinter n thats more or less what i could do before the surgery. Anyway, the most important for me is that i completely get back the feeling of explosiveness in my muscles.

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I'd say that 95% or more of people can't run 400m in 60 seconds or less.

Could you possibly post a video of you running the 400 meter or just sprinting? Posting running videos is the latest fad on LL forums these days  ;)

And again, CONGRATULATIONS on your well-earned and truly inspirational recovery!

ShyShy

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 12:33:27 PM »

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I'd say that 95% or more of people can't run 400m in 60 seconds or less.

lol maybe if u count disabled, old n fat people  :o

Could you possibly post a video of you running the 400 meter or just sprinting? Posting running videos is the latest fad on LL forums these days  ;)

I don't go oftenly to the stadium but next time i'll go i can record that.

And again, CONGRATULATIONS on your well-earned and truly inspirational recovery!
u r welcome  ;)
From ~168 to ~175,5

Taller

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2014, 04:23:01 AM »

I don't go oftenly to the stadium but next time i'll go i can record that.

That would be awesome! Thank you so much! Also, would it bother you to post more proportions pictures of yourself, but in underwear, so that it's easier to tell without confusion where your torso ends and your femur begins? Femur to torso ratio is an area of concern for many of us, so the pics are really greatly appreciated!

Also, how is driving with longer femurs but arms of the same length as before surgery? Can you still comfortably sit in cars and/or planes now?

Cheers and take care!

ShyShy

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »

That would be awesome! Thank you so much! Also, would it bother you to post more proportions pictures of yourself, but in underwear, so that it's easier to tell without confusion where your torso ends and your femur begins? Femur to torso ratio is an area of concern for many of us, so the pics are really greatly appreciated!

Also, how is driving with longer femurs but arms of the same length as before surgery? Can you still comfortably sit in cars and/or planes now?

Cheers and take care!

Honestly with all the videos n photos i posted (especially the one when i'm sitting), i think u should have a very good idea of what my proportions look like. Don't be too obssessed with proportions or your height neurosis will become a sort of proportions neurosis lol

For driving, i didn't even think about it. i guess that now i'm bending a bit more my legs when i sit in my car.
From ~168 to ~175,5

ShyShy

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »

X-rays ~10 months post-op

left leg

right leg
From ~168 to ~175,5

ShyShy

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »

As i got asked on the old forum, here is a photoshop of me before and after LL. I adjusted manually the size of the photo post-LL so it's not very accurate but gives a good idea of what it looks before and after LL.
From ~168 to ~175,5

antoky

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2014, 11:15:34 AM »

I congratulate you on your new aesthetic!

Thank you for your wonderfully useful diary again!
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (Gandhi)

ShyShy

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »

Recorded at the end of june but only edited with a software last days.

From ~168 to ~175,5

Sweden

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2014, 01:56:17 AM »

Nice video.

I see you don't go down as much when you press. No need to either in your condition but I try to do down fully and let my knees touch my shoulders with around 150kg.

I don't go fully down with 200+kg....

Good progress.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

ShyShy

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2014, 10:15:36 PM »

Nice video.

I see you don't go down as much when you press. No need to either in your condition but I try to do down fully and let my knees touch my shoulders with around 150kg.

I don't go fully down with 200+kg....

Good progress.

Thx,

About the movement, actually i can go fully down on that machine even if i need to lower the weight by 40-50 kg.
It's the same logic for squat, i usually don't go above 60-70 kg on full squat (feet touching bottom) while i can push it to 110-120 kg with what i call "classical squat" (femurs parallel to the ground).

That's more or less what i could do right before the surgery, so as i already said it's really cool to be 7,5 cm taller and 100% recovered in crapg like 9 months  ;)
From ~168 to ~175,5

Taller

« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »

That is one amazing and inspirational video! I can't wait for your 400m run video!

ShyShy

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »

I was near the stadium 3 days ago so even if it was not planned i recorded 2 sprints. Unfortunately i was alone so i had to do it myself. The 100m was too far away with that view (i didn't even try the 400m) n i could'nt c the beginning of the race so after that i made and recorded a 84,39m (specific mark on a running track) n kept it.
Even at 84,39m we can hardly c the beginning but that should give u an idea.

slow motion mode x8 at the end of the race

full race 84,39m

I edited the video to hide my face n i been able to count the time needed with the image by image view on my software, it took me ~ 11,5 sec to make it. If u count the crappy beginning (i started while i was standing up), that should put me at ~ 13 sec for 100m since it's not hard for me to keep my maximum speed during at least 150m (a bit slower for 400m).
Compared to Usain Bolt i'm a snail, but for a normal guy i don't think it's awful.
Furthermore i'm sure i could be faster becuz:
- i had no startingblocks
- i didn't have my sports shoes (only some common flat shoes) neither sportclothes
- it was windy
- i was tired
- i'm european n i don't have any jamaïcan sprinter blood in my veins (at least as far as i know :P)
- i have to carry my 80 kg due to bodybuilding
- i don't train myself for sprint
- i don't care!!!!  >:(

Some might say i have plenty of bad reasons to explain how slow i am n they would be absolutely right lolz but plz note that none of this reasons r related to my surgery.

Eventually n thats what really matters, i was not faster before op, if thats not 100% recovery idk what it is, enjoy!!!  ;)

PS: idk why the quality is so bad on youtube, it's definitely better on my pc.
From ~168 to ~175,5

G-Man

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:46 PM »

Awesome!!  You had surgery less than a year ago and you can do this! Congratz my man!

BilateralDamage

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »

Incredible ;D  Hope my recovery is just as great as yours!

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2014, 03:07:09 AM »

Proportion-wise, it seems femurs are superior to tibiae for men. You look like nothing has been done. Congrats.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Taller

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2014, 03:10:26 AM »

It's funny because many intelligent people argue the exact opposite too. There are plenty of people in both the tibia and femur camps regarding which one looks better and more natural. I guess it just boils down to personal preference. Both will make you look slightly unnatural to some degree if it's 6CM or more, but I think that 99% of people would not notice it.

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2014, 03:24:47 AM »

Speaking from experience, I wish I did femurs myself, because like ShyShy said, you can hide the length with a t-shirt. With tibiae, the length is exposed every time you sit down or bend down, and there's not much you can do to conceal that length. I always dread having to bend down or kneel in front of a crowd now, and my strides are forced to keep pace with normal people. I'm afraid to look in a full length mirror, because I fear I look comical.

I can never get over my fear when I sit down beside a guy who is like 6'3, and he's towering me in sitting height, his femurs are farther out than mine, but my knees are over an inch higher than his. I just feel stupid even though most people probably don't notice.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

ReadRothbard

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2014, 02:35:49 AM »

is that 110-120 kg parallel squat for reps or a one-rep max?
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

shortkid

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2014, 04:00:45 AM »

do you know what ur starting tibia to femur ratio were and your sitting height? Thanks

Taller

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:35 AM »

do you know what ur starting tibia to femur ratio were and your sitting height? Thanks

His sitting height is 88CM.

Taller

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2014, 05:46:23 AM »

Hey ShyShy. Hope you've been doing well lately.

Did LL change which kinds of clothes look best on you? Do you dress a certain way or do you feel that certain clothes make you look funny because of the change in proportions?

Does tucking in your shirt when necessary make your torso look very short? I have this issue when wearing 8CM lifts, but it might just be in my head. Either way, I can't wait until I can get LL and follow my dreams like you did!

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »

hope you are fine
any new videos of better sprinting
any update please

ShyShy

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2014, 04:06:56 PM »

Hey all,

As u can imagine, my life now goes on n i have a lot of things to do so i'm not coming oftenly.

Nevertheless when i look quickly at some topics on the forum, i feel that some of u are way too obssessed about proportions.
I mean the size of fingers, feet... why not the size of ears and lips? lol  :o

If proportions are your first concern, then your supposed lack of height is probably not the real problem!

Now it's been said, it's true i never cared about my proportions before OP, n i don't care now either, n i guess it's the same for 99,9% of the population  :P (the others 0,1% r the LL forum users xD)

If u r wondering if my proportions look weird or not, i let u judge with the videos n photos i posted   ::)
All i can say is that til now, i never get any comments on my proportions (even nked  ;) ) n i bet my car i'll never get any til the end of my of my life but who knows?  ;D

Also, i believe that my diary is well documented n i don't think i could post anything else which could help u in making your decision of doing that surgery or not.

Staying in the world of wonders like some of u do, is like mental torture. That attitude will never lead u to happiness;
So if i had an advice to give, think wisely and then jump into it or leave it.
Eitherway one day u will wake up, u'll be old n it will be too late. U don't wanna torment yourself during your all life by wondering what would have happened if u had been taller, dont u?  :-\

Whatever u do or don't, best wishes to you all  :)

Sincerly,

ShyShy
From ~168 to ~175,5

alps

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »

this man speaks of wisdom.

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »

Excellent

YellowSpike

« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

Shy speaks the truth.

And he's my inspiration for why I'm in Milan right now, and will get my surgery next month with Dr. G  :) The trainers have all said I'm doing extremely well, one even said I'm the best they've had as far as pre-training (hope they don't tell everyone that!).

Dr. G is conservative, so him saying I can do 7-7.5cm after examining me is a huge confidence boost. Hope to be all done in early Feb, even if my walking is robotic lol

goodlucktomylegs

« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2015, 04:55:16 PM »

Hey all,

As u can imagine, my life now goes on n i have a lot of things to do so i'm not coming oftenly.

Nevertheless when i look quickly at some topics on the forum, i feel that some of u are way too obssessed about proportions.
I mean the size of fingers, feet... why not the size of ears and lips? lol  :o

If proportions are your first concern, then your supposed lack of height is probably not the real problem!

Now it's been said, it's true i never cared about my proportions before OP, n i don't care now either, n i guess it's the same for 99,9% of the population  :P (the others 0,1% r the LL forum users xD)

If u r wondering if my proportions look weird or not, i let u judge with the videos n photos i posted   ::)
All i can say is that til now, i never get any comments on my proportions (even nked  ;) ) n i bet my car i'll never get any til the end of my of my life but who knows?  ;D

Also, i believe that my diary is well documented n i don't think i could post anything else which could help u in making your decision of doing that surgery or not.

Staying in the world of wonders like some of u do, is like mental torture. That attitude will never lead u to happiness;
So if i had an advice to give, think wisely and then jump into it or leave it.
Eitherway one day u will wake up, u'll be old n it will be too late. U don't wanna torment yourself during your all life by wondering what would have happened if u had been taller, dont u?  :-\

Whatever u do or don't, best wishes to you all  :)

Sincerly,

ShyShy
Hi Shyshy
Hope you are fine
My suregery is upcoming this July
You are our inspiration
How about your legs feeling now?
Any updates videos
Please pm me if possible i need your email address

YellowSpike

« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »

I've Pm'ed Shy back and forth a few times on here. He was my main inspiration too (along with OBG and ChrisIsaak/Up). He's doing wonderfully, I think he's made the best recovery yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up