Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me understand the height to salary thing  (Read 628 times)

soitchi

Help me understand the height to salary thing
« on: March 19, 2020, 08:34:31 PM »

So some posters have suggested an increase in height has a correlation to an increase in salary and some even use that as a reason to get CLL. Help me understand the logic of some of these posters please.

They come here and post about saving up for CLL, all talk no action suggests to me these posters can't afford the surgery or don't have a lot of money which could also indicate a shít job and salary. I guess going from $15 an hour flipping burgers to $16 as a security guard is an increase and someone could consider with the extra 2 inches I suppose.

Clearly these posters aren't too intelligent and probably don't have a good job as of now and since an extra 2-3 inches doesn't do anything for having sub-80 IQ, it's pointless for these posters to consider the idea they'll land a nice comfy 6 figure job after getting CLL because they're a little taller lol. Of course there's also construction, a ton of money in it, easy 6 figures even for laborers but I don't think those new frog-like legs will enjoy standing and carrying heavy loads for 14+ hours a day.

TDLR:
If you ain't got a good high paying job now, CLL ain't gonna do it for you lol
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

FormerKidd

Re: Help me understand the height to salary thing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 03:08:43 AM »

There is a proven correlation between height and average income in the US, but that does not prove causation; there may be other factors at work.  Furthermore, it's worth pointing out that this is a statistic, there are certainly short men making lots of money and tall men making very little.

While no one has proven why relationship is so, it is believed that tall men are seen as better leaders and therefore more likely to get a promotion.  The majority of the CEOs and so forth in the US are over 6 foot.

Now there's no real logical reason for this, it's an unconscious bias -- but it is believed that this may been rooted in the early days of humanity when food was scarce, and being tall meant you had access to a lot of food, indicating you were capable, or the offspring of who was.

Of course, CLL won't change how good a leader you are, but it may make you more confident -- which ends up giving you a better shot.

In regards to the salary of existing CLL patients, the guys I talked to at Paley's were either (a) in high paying scientific professions, or (b) had well-off family that could foot the bill.

Astronomy

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:11:14 AM »

Methinks that's just because man with high height have more opportunities of employment.

kumbaya

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 12:01:36 AM »

My 2 cents on this topic:

Better jobs and high paying jobs, are ultimately related with background education.
It is true most CEO´s stand above 6 feet, however it is also true that most of these CEO´s graduated from top tier universities. As a 5.4 guy who had the chance to study in one of the best uni´s in my country it is obvious for me that the average height is at least 2 inches taller in the wealthier classes compared to the rest of the population.

Wealthier kids have access to better nurturing ( healthier food, better doctos, sports, etc) which at the end is reflected in taller adults. However is the diploma from the elite university, which will land you the best paying job.
Wealth is as perpetual and hereditary as height.

¿Need some examples? Google Lloyd Blankfein they guy is probable 5,4 or less. Former Goldman Sachs CEO (10 years).

FormerKidd

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 01:19:51 AM »

Wealthier kids have access to better nurturing ( healthier food, better doctos, sports, etc) which at the end is reflected in taller adults.
This is not as true in the modern era, when (most) people in first world countries have access to as much nutrition as they need.  But it definitely was true in the past.

kumbaya

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:18 PM »

This is not as true in the modern era, when (most) people in first world countries have access to as much nutrition as they need.  But it definitely was true in the past.

I certainly believe this stills holds true in modern times.
Wealthier people tend to consume less processed food, as they have more residual income to spend on healthier food habits( Whole Foods customers for example which you can check here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shephyken/2018/06/03/whole-foods-knows-its-customers-do-you-know-yours/#6e0247dd1151

Wealthier families will also have access to more private clubs where kids can take diving lessons, join soccer schools, and be more active than regular middle class kids.

Again this is just my opinion on it, as I have experienced it. I am pretty sure it has much to do as with mothers from wealthy families spending their free time to care for their kids in their young years and puberty. Of course all mothers care for their childs, however most are working women who usually lack the time or money to spend on these above mentioned items for their kids.
Pages: [1]   Go Up