Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Every superhero has their own handicap.  (Read 499 times)

Every superhero has their own handicap.
« on: April 12, 2020, 06:48:56 AM »

Whenever I feel frustrated about my height, I always remind myself that every superhero has their own handicap. The best example I can come up with is Daredevil with vision disability. And it's not even something he got from birth, but from accident unnaturally. He could have done things differently to prevent, but yet because of that single incident, all of sudden, his whole life changes.

I feel like my height is a curse to me. Like I'm burning inside. I am fully aware that it's gonna fuk me for the rest of my life, yet there is nothing I can do about it.

Perhaps, by reminding myself of those superhero characters, I can enjoy my curse more. Batman even embraces his fear of bat and turned it into his superpower.

On a sidenote, sometimes I feel like my flawed height gives me some kind of strength in a way. I become immune to other trivial problems in life. By that I mean I don't see myself stressing over financial problems, non-existing social life, etc. Because I know my height is about the worst thing that could possibly happen to me. In other words, my height has destroyed me to the point where I can no longer be destroyed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:54:07 AM by Bruce Wayne »

soitchi

Re: Every superhero has their own handicap.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 02:07:04 AM »

That's because Mary Sue characters are boring and not relatable.
rip edwardv6

slayer of the ll clown

Re: Every superhero has their own handicap.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 12:03:23 PM »

In a way, I am beginning to enjoy having something to struggle with for the rest of my life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up