Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stem Cells for Bones... And soon Stem Cells for growing taller  (Read 2134 times)

LittleWhiteMan

I am reading from legitimate sources that stem cells for bone growth are on its way. The main one's focus will be for bone osteoporosis, but there are also some targeting the possibility for large bones and so on. How long do y'all take for this to become a reality? I really do not want to grow up to 6 ft or so but growing to at least 5'4, and probably hitting the 5'7-5'8 will be enough for me.

Again, as many of you know my main concern is torso length and wingspan length. Let's hope something is on its way! Inner hair cells restoration is already on its way too we might see it in 1-2 years.
5'1", 100 lbs

Ghostfish

Re: Stem Cells for Bones... And soon Stem Cells for growing taller
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 07:30:44 AM »

Hi LittleWhiteMan

I am really sorry to tell you somewhat in a discouraging way.  Stem cell therapy for height increase will not happen in any time soon. As you said, it is mainly targeting osteoporosis, because stem cells only can fill the gaps or holes in the bone. It is same for treatment of inner hair cell loss. Stem cell will fill the loss of hair cells.  They can't form a structure yet.

Growing height need a gap in the bone while bone with a gap still can support body.  The physiology gap is a growth plate.  After growth stops, the only way to make you grow again is to cut the bone to generate a gap. Stem cells can't generate this kind gap.  Stem cells will be useful to help bone healing in case of non-union or delayed bone growth. 

I think it is still better for you to undergo cll and bulk up your body with lots of muscles to cover your short torso.  A short wing span is actually not that obvious so don't worry about it too much.

Good luck!

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:17:35 AM »

If we can get stem cells to differentiate to chondrocytes then it will be possible. Problem is that you need literally hundreds of billions of these cell to have a noticeable growth plate. I'm sure it can be done, but it probably still needs a osteotomy (bonecut) and fixators to insert these cells and let them flourish bcuz it can't do it in solid bone.

I assume the process will be:

Regular leg lengthening procedure surgery, Internal nail and all that also.

Insert stem cells/chondrocytes, maybe even a small small lab grown growth plate made with stem cells turning into chondrocytes/cartilage in a petri dish

Distraction maybe max 0.5cm- 1cm across 2 weeks to form a small gap. Stop lengthening asap.

Have the internal nail hold the "new growth plate" in place while the growth plate is noticeably forming, maybe administer an aromatase inhibitor to slow or halt the ossifying(turning into bone) rate until it fills the gap completely.

Once the growth plate fills the tiny gap, administer HGH.

No doubt the person will still be handicapped for at least a month, and probably will need to do physical therapy post surgery since they still CUT their bone in half, but the purpose of this is to "install" a growth plate made from stem cell differentiating into chondrocytes and cartilage

I would expect for such a small lengthening of 1cm to be off crutches or assistance within a month with a normal gait, especially with the strydes, and fully recoverable within 4 months or so. You essentially lengthened a cm basically, you won't have too much issues.

Now you have a growth plate, and as long as you stay on aromatase inhibitors and higher doses HGH, your growth plate will keep growing and ossification will occur naturally as if you were in puberty. To close the growth plate just stop the HGH and aromatase inhibitor.

I suspect this might be abused and people will try to be 7ft Giants, but whatever, this is only conjecture and theory, don't roast me because I'm not a doctor and the above is just what I believe is the most likely way stem cells will be used in the future.

Tldr:
1. Stem cell differentiates into chondrocytes, the material of growth plates

2. We do a regular LL surgery, but only lengthen 0.5-1cm and install the stem cell chondrocytes "fake growth plate"

3. Normal post surgery PT and stretching, but much reduced pain bcuz u lengthen only 0.5-1cm and that's done within like 10 days after surgery, normal gait within a month probably (remember we lengthening basically nothing)

4. Take cktails of drugs to delay the new growth plate from closure temporarily as we try to grow it to fill the distraction gap (aromatase inhibitor and HGH, these are real and studied and effective and I'm on an AI as we speak :) )

5. Full recovery within 4 months (remember we lengthened almost nothing) and now we have a growth plate. Continue and adjust HGH dose for growth rate control and continue these drugs until desired height.

You will grow at a normal rate like a teenager, you could make it as fast as a growth spurt(probably shouldnt bcuz growing pains) or a stable amount like 1 inch every 6 months. Just adjust HGH dosage (dosage directly correlates with rate growth, tons of studies of this on kids)

6. End the drugs after done lengthening, stop the aromatase inhibitor and HGH when you're happy with your height.

Obviously this is random guessing on how stem cells would be used in height therapy, but I'm pretty confident it will be something like this.

Unfortunately osteotomy (breaking bones) still needed, but fortunately the recovery is literally godlike, no distraction pain for 3 months, no stretched muscles (only 1cm stretch haha), expect full recovery from surgery within 4 months (jumping, sports) since there's no new bone yet, just a growth plate. Functionally you could probably be walking any doing your business going back to school within a month.

HIGHLY doubt this process will be created until at least the next ten years, and fda approved at least 30 years later
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 01:56:12 PM »

Hi LittleWhiteMan

I am really sorry to tell you somewhat in a discouraging way.  Stem cell therapy for height increase will not happen in any time soon. As you said, it is mainly targeting osteoporosis, because stem cells only can fill the gaps or holes in the bone. It is same for treatment of inner hair cell loss. Stem cell will fill the loss of hair cells.  They can't form a structure yet.

Growing height need a gap in the bone while bone with a gap still can support body.  The physiology gap is a growth plate.  After growth stops, the only way to make you grow again is to cut the bone to generate a gap. Stem cells can't generate this kind gap.  Stem cells will be useful to help bone healing in case of non-union or delayed bone growth. 

I think it is still better for you to undergo cll and bulk up your body with lots of muscles to cover your short torso.  A short wing span is actually not that obvious so don't worry about it too much.

Good luck!

I really do dislike when people comment on disguising proportions or making assumptions such as "proportions dont matter" when they have no clue about my proportions. I can pull off 2-3 inches taller with my current proportions but I am not spending $100k to mess up my legs for life and just going from 5'0.8" to 5'3.8" or so. If I am going to do LL I would aim for 5'7-5'8 and even then many people discourage that. Therefore I won't be doing CLL at all. Already passed by that.
5'1", 100 lbs

Ghostfish

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 04:53:27 AM »

I really do dislike when people comment on disguising proportions or making assumptions such as "proportions dont matter" when they have no clue about my proportions. I can pull off 2-3 inches taller with my current proportions but I am not spending $100k to mess up my legs for life and just going from 5'0.8" to 5'3.8" or so. If I am going to do LL I would aim for 5'7-5'8 and even then many people discourage that. Therefore I won't be doing CLL at all. Already passed by that.
Hi LittleWhiteMan
Sorry to make you feel that way.  I didn't know you already decide not to undergo CLL.  Then why are you still in this forum? 
What I said about stem cells is likely very true.  I am not trying to discourage you but to help you understand what stem cell therapy can do. 

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:05:20 AM »

If I were you I'd go for 8cm on the femurs and then 7cm on the tibias.
That would put you in a respectable 5'7''height.
That's a little bit extreme but you are really short, only 2 inches above a dwarf, so I think that's warranted.

fiveseven2020

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 02:48:53 AM »

Hi Ghostfish,
Hope you are doing well and staying safe out there. I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. I am 5ft7 barefoot. I already feel like my sitting height (torso length) is so small and I wanna do ll but I'm not sure how to deal with the torso length or if it will even matter. Can you please elaborate on your point when you said "build muscles for the short torso"? You can feel free to dm as well. Thank you so much, I would really appreciate your response. Take care

ZUCC420

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »

I am reading from legitimate sources that stem cells for bone growth are on its way. The main one's focus will be for bone osteoporosis, but there are also some targeting the possibility for large bones and so on. How long do y'all take for this to become a reality? I really do not want to grow up to 6 ft or so but growing to at least 5'4, and probably hitting the 5'7-5'8 will be enough for me.

Again, as many of you know my main concern is torso length and wingspan length. Let's hope something is on its way! Inner hair cells restoration is already on its way too we might see it in 1-2 years.

I want to grow up from my current 5'5" to 6'4" and I'm willing to wait at least 10 years for it, currently I'm 22 so I don't mind biding my time. Trust me man being 5'7" or 5'8" won't suffice in the first worlds, obviously at first you'll be able to appreciate the differences delightfully but soon after your "hedonic-treadmill" adjusts and trust me it will reach an equilibrium since this height isn't remarkable in fact it still will elicit albeit mild disparagement from society and you'll still face subtle discrimination, some negative reinforcements and you'll just have to develop a "NAPOLEON-SYNDROME" to combat it or take it like a "man" and "man up" as the misandric society ordains and expects.

My concern has to do with all of my limbs, they're just too short even for my height, slender and frail (6 inch wrists). Wingspan is 2-3 inches shorter than my height, shoulders are 2 inches shorter than average at 14.5 inches. I don't wanna "just lift weights bruh", don't wanna become those autistic calorie counting fruitcakes dwelling in the gym, the only thing that'll fix my problems is a restart of puberty and new bone growth.

I wish @Extremist was here to relay any potential height developments in the fields as he's the only one with scientific acumen in this forum, was also a beacon of rationality against the delusional "bluepilled" posters. http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9352 here's the potential treatments the guy documented for the skeptics and curious despodent shortmen like us that no gud ol' LL can fix. I'm sure all of those has been realized since the post was made in 2018 and I quite haven't kept up with the new developments because of my studies but sometime in the future I'll make a post.

For now my suggestion would be elevator boots, yes boots as those are the only ones that aren't conspicuous, adds at least 3 inches comfortably and if anyone asks you can just tell people the truth that you like looking big/tall and hence you wear boots on every occasion to diffuse the interrogation.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 04:55:42 AM »

Lots of scientists thought that molecular assembler technology was 40 years away.  That was in the 1980s.  The Engines of Creation came out in 1986. :o

Doing some little thing in a lab doesn't necessarily mean anything usable is even on the horizon.

Lower expectations would be healthier.  Not what a 22-year-old wants to hear, I know from experience, but true.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 09:02:45 AM »

I want to grow up from my current 5'5" to 6'4" and I'm willing to wait at least 10 years for it, currently I'm 22 so I don't mind biding my time. Trust me man being 5'7" or 5'8" won't suffice in the first worlds, obviously at first you'll be able to appreciate the differences delightfully but soon after your "hedonic-treadmill" adjusts and trust me it will reach an equilibrium since this height isn't remarkable in fact it still will elicit albeit mild disparagement from society and you'll still face subtle discrimination, some negative reinforcements and you'll just have to develop a "NAPOLEON-SYNDROME" to combat it or take it like a "man" and "man up" as the misandric society ordains and expects.

My concern has to do with all of my limbs, they're just too short even for my height, slender and frail (6 inch wrists). Wingspan is 2-3 inches shorter than my height, shoulders are 2 inches shorter than average at 14.5 inches. I don't wanna "just lift weights bruh", don't wanna become those autistic calorie counting fruitcakes dwelling in the gym, the only thing that'll fix my problems is a restart of puberty and new bone growth.

I wish @Extremist was here to relay any potential height developments in the fields as he's the only one with scientific acumen in this forum, was also a beacon of rationality against the delusional "bluepilled" posters. http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9352 here's the potential treatments the guy documented for the skeptics and curious despodent shortmen like us that no gud ol' LL can fix. I'm sure all of those has been realized since the post was made in 2018 and I quite haven't kept up with the new developments because of my studies but sometime in the future I'll make a post.

For now my suggestion would be elevator boots, yes boots as those are the only ones that aren't conspicuous, adds at least 3 inches comfortably and if anyone asks you can just tell people the truth that you like looking big/tall and hence you wear boots on every occasion to diffuse the interrogation.

Where is Extremis?

kingjesse

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 08:12:45 PM »

Jus heard some wonderful news growth plate re-growth coming 2023 Dr whoo just confirmed on his recent article

a

• 5'9
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 09:38:12 PM »

Hey, can you lead us to the article and who is Dr Whoo? Was it a joke or something lol, I took it seriously.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

kingjesse

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »

joke haha i seriously doubt this will ever happen maybe in 100 years , our best option is ll which isn't bad imo. i think it's the best we've got mate, although the sounds of this is amazing  :-\

a

• 5'9
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 08:55:26 PM »

LOOOOOOOL, I know right. It seems NOT to happen in the near future.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Antoine

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 04:05:07 PM »

It won’t happen in the near future because the short people community, unlike other communities, isn’t able to make their voice heard. The tools to reach these goals exist, but research isn’t pushing all forward. For example, some South Korean researchers have found this molecule that can increase height making long bones grow:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335759824_Indirubin-3'-oxime_stimulates_chondrocyte_maturation_and_longitudinal_bone_growth_via_activation_of_the_Wntb-catenin_pathway
We now know that also adults have stem cells that keeps bones growing:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00527-w?utm_source=fbk_nnc&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=naturenews&sf209700336=1
So I think that if some serious research is done we could easily make adults grow taller as if they were teenagers.

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »

It won’t happen in the near future because the short people community, unlike other communities, isn’t able to make their voice heard. The tools to reach these goals exist, but research isn’t pushing all forward. For example, some South Korean researchers have found this molecule that can increase height making long bones grow:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335759824_Indirubin-3'-oxime_stimulates_chondrocyte_maturation_and_longitudinal_bone_growth_via_activation_of_the_Wntb-catenin_pathway
We now know that also adults have stem cells that keeps bones growing:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00527-w?utm_source=fbk_nnc&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=naturenews&sf209700336=1
So I think that if some serious research is done we could easily make adults grow taller as if they were teenagers.

I just don't understand how people like Tom Cruise, RDJ, Putin didn't just hire some scientists and fund the research. They have all the money in the world.

Antoine

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 09:40:07 PM »

@Bruce Wayne
You’re right. Maybe they aren’t interested in researching precisely because they have all the money in the world and so they overcome the height problem.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »

I just don't understand how people like Tom Cruise, RDJ, Putin didn't just hire some scientists and fund the research. They have all the money in the world.

You keep acting like height is literally holding them back in any shape or form. And you act like being shorter than average is a disease or something. They are literally one of the most popular people's in the world. They have fantastic lives. Why the fu.ck would they care?

Contrary to what you believe, here's MUCH more to life than your physical stature, I know- shocker!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:33:06 PM by ghkid2019 »
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up