Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Height dysphoria due to people lying about their height?  (Read 576 times)

HeightDisphoric

• Visitor

Does anyone think their height dysphoria was caused or made worse by people lying about their heights?  I'm sure it's the case for me.

I'm 5'11" and I have seen guys my height and a bit shorter say that they were 6'.  If pressed on the issue they might try and weasel out of it by saying they're "6 foot in shoes" even though that's BS.  For a while I thought that they guy who looked like they were my height must be slightly taller if they said they were 6'.  Now, I know better.

Women do this too.  According to something I read, women are now considering their height in heels they're actual height for Tinder and other online dating.  The women would say that since they wear heels all the time it "makes sense" but the real reason is to filter out short and even average height men.

When it comes to sports; there are so many cases of people lying about their heights, that it almost goes without saying.

When I first realized this I thought it would help with my height dysphoria, but it hasn't.

Montreal172

Re: Height dysphoria due to people lying about their height?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 05:22:24 PM »

Then lie as well.

HeightDisphoric

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »

Then lie as well.

A lot of the time, I wouldn't have to actually lie.  One time a girl said to me, "You're about 6'1", right?" Other people's lies are so common that our percieved heights can get raised up without us saying anything.

Montreal172

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:52:57 PM »

Agreed, you know the turn and know people are smaller, you just got to be able to be ok with that.

HeightDisphoric

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 08:46:13 PM »

Agreed, you know the turn and know people are smaller, you just got to be able to be ok with that.

Yeah.  I guess where I have a problem with that is that I want to be over 6'1" barefoot for real.  I want the actual height not just for people to percieve me to be that tall.  I would have much less of a problem with this if I was 6'1" barefoot for real and perceived to be 6'3" or whatever. 

You are right that I should be ok with this.  The 5'10" guys lying about being 6 foot know they're lying but they probably believe I'm really 6'1".  At least I have that.

Montreal172

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »

Sure, but you're doing it based on the perceptions others have of your heigh, not the perception you have of your own height. Who know maybe when you're 6'1 you'll still fill pissed when a 5'11 guys says hes 6 ft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up