Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member here! What do you guys think of these proportions?  (Read 11125 times)

ThickButt

• Visitor

Hi guys, I'm a 5'7" male currently considering LL to boost my height to 5'10" (so about 7.62cm).

Some measurements:
Height: roughly 5'7" (give a few mm to a cm up at most)
Wingspan: About 5'11" (it's been a while since I last measured)
Foot size: 10.5 - 11 depending on company.
Hand size: 7.6" (length from wrist to tip of middle)

My main concern is the length of my torso. Does it seem proportional? I've always been told I have a short torso, and I don't know if the lengthening would be noticeable. I also have thicker, generally more muscular legs, so I'm thinking my torso would look ok provided my legs are also thinned out by LL. Thoughts?

My mock-up. I added roughly the same amount to my femur and tibias. (2.54 cm approx).
http://imgur.com/91Juieq

Thanks!

onedayillgrow

Re: New member here! What do you guys think of these proportions?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »

Nope, you look fine. Being slim really helps accentuate your torso length and i don't think that much will make a big deal. In face you could probably go for quite a bit more and still look perfectly proportionate.

Keep Growing

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:57 AM »

What is your sitting height?

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »

Nope, you look fine. Being slim really helps accentuate your torso length and i don't think that much will make a big deal. In face you could probably go for quite a bit more and still look perfectly proportionate.
Thanks man. I'm only considering going up to 5'10" atm, I'm kinda obsessed with proportions and want my legs/arms/feet/hands to maintain as close to normal as possible. Besides, I'm not looking to be tall with LL, I just want to be slightly above average. Anything greater than that will probably be done by other methods as science improves. Otherwise, 5'10" is good enough for me.

As another note some additional info about me:
Race/ethnicity: Southeast Asian.
Age: 19 (considering future LL, not soon, unless my plates have already fused)

Also, I'm going to be wearing a suit for most of my employed life. What do you guys think of my proportions whist "dressed"?  ;D
http://imgur.com/QOfzklV

What is your sitting height?
I can't find a measuring tape atm, so with ruler stacking I'd like to say my sitting height is somewhere around (37-42 inches, or roughly 100cm). I'll give more precise measurements later if needed.

Hanna84

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »

You look even more proportionate on your mock-ups. :)
Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014 Achieved: 9cm :-)  New height: 1,67cm :-)

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »

You look even more proportionate on your mock-ups. :)
Thanks! Looks like it's time to start saving  :P

Moubgf

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 03:54:16 PM »

lol that is not 100 cm sitting height...

programdude

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 04:01:01 PM »

Yeah, your proportions would be great as in your mock up. Absolutely nothing to worry about there.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 04:03:23 PM »

lol that is not 100 cm sitting height...
Yeah my numbers are most definitely off. I'm just ruler stacking atm till I can find my tape.
Yeah, your proportions would be great as in your mock up. Absolutely nothing to worry about there.
Nice, this bodes well for my chances. This is something I'm definitely looking into now.

Disobedient

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »

why thick butt?  is that the same expression as a bad ass...??

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »

why thick butt?  is that the same expression as a bad ass...??
Well tbh, I have a thick butt relative to my height  ;D

onedayillgrow

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »

I'm a straight guy but i'd definitely do you in those mock ups  ;D You look absolutely perfect to be honest. I'm aiming for something similar too although my starting height is a little off yours. I'm about 165-166 and have a wingspan of about 175 cm. I am just aiming for 5'9'' myself. 5'10'' would just be a big bonus for me :p but not everyone is perfect so i'll be happy with what i can get. But you look really good, although like the others have pointed out, i do doubt 100cm being your sitting height :p

But as you said it's your rough measurement so no worries.

Blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:50 PM »

The mock-ups look good.  It looks like you can do a few cms on each segment and look fine.  It looks like your sitting height is probably around 90 cms though.

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 03:25:41 AM »

I'm a straight guy but i'd definitely do you in those mock ups  ;D You look absolutely perfect to be honest. I'm aiming for something similar too although my starting height is a little off yours. I'm about 165-166 and have a wingspan of about 175 cm. I am just aiming for 5'9'' myself. 5'10'' would just be a big bonus for me :p but not everyone is perfect so i'll be happy with what i can get. But you look really good, although like the others have pointed out, i do doubt 100cm being your sitting height :p

But as you said it's your rough measurement so no worries.
Thanks man, good to hear that I'm desirable, from a straight dude no less!  ;D 5'9" is still awesome man, I'm pretty sure that's the average here on the West coast.
The mock-ups look good.  It looks like you can do a few cms on each segment and look fine.  It looks like your sitting height is probably around 90 cms though.
Yeah, I'm thinking of doing 2.54 on tibs and 2.54 on femurs. That way my gait isn't affected.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 02:04:38 AM »

Lol man you are making me feel bad. I am a very similar size to you and I also have a thick butt and bigger legs and my height is around 5 feey 7, with an 11 US foot size, and similar size hands. You are like my twin!

My sitting height is probably about 33 inches though. I am 16 and turning 17 in about September.

I really wanna grow.

Though you look to be fine in your mock ups I think.
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)
Desired around 5 feet 11(Low 180 cm range)
Average height for native country Feet 9.5(177 cm).

IamAndrew

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 03:48:03 AM »

My height and wingspan are almost the same (see my sig) as yours but your hands and feet are slightly larger, so you're really prime for CLL.

Your proportions look good in those mock ups. However, going through 2 surgeries for 2.5 cm a piece seems like a good idea on paper but a bad idea in reality unless you have a lot of money and aren't concerned about complications or the trauma of breaking 4 bones instead of 2 at once. Why not just 5.5 cm on one leg part? Your tibias are naturally shorter than femur so you probably have wiggle room on those. Try a mock up with 5.5 cm on that part only.

As far as waiting for new ways to lengthen limbs, I wouldn't count on that. Anything easier than LL by current methods would have astronomic costs (as there will always be a high demand for it by millionaires and the likes) and in over 60 years not much has changed in CLL. Only difference is a few doctors patented their own niche devices and have claims of better XYZ. Sadly, the very long and evasive nature of the procedure is also what keeps its cost reasonable for desperate people like most users here.

If I were in your shoes, I would do 5.5 cm external tibia asap (I'd try Dr. Mitkovic - least evasive and less scars and 5.5 cm is highly reasonable with his device - avoid the problems associated with internal tibias too such as chronic knee pains) and then later do 5.5 cm internal femur after saving up enough for Betz or Guichet. This scenario is the most reasonable with least long-term complications and max benefits imo. If you do 2 surgeries for 6 cm total tho and then wait for another way to get taller to come out, you will likely be disappointed and if you ever decide to go back for another LL surgery your bones and muscle may not like the added trauma of a 3rd procedure. At least that is my plan anyway over the next 5 years.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 03:59:49 AM by IamAndrew »
Height MAX: 172 CM
Wingspan: 183 CM
Goal: 178 CM - external tibia

IamAndrew

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »

But realistically there's no way I'd feel comfortable spendin 70k~ for a 2nd, high quality internal CLL if I were already considered average after the first external CLL (unless I were a multi-millionaire). Think about it, you could travel the world for years with that much money or do just about anything. I would rather spend that money on facial plastic surgery (substantially cheaper) and personal trainer to look like Adonis at (after first ext CLL) instead of a 2nd soul and body wrenching $70k CLL for 2 inches.

Is being an average height Adonis better than being a slightly taller than average but less aesthetic and athletic guy? I think so. You could always put in a shoe insert as an alternative for the 2nd CLL, but there's no alternative to facial imperfections or flabby/twiggy body. I guess if I were perfectly aesthetic and average height but still not happy then I would contemplate 2nd CLL.

If you're already financially set tho and would be totally happy with stopping for good at 5'10", then I would do 2 ops (to divide the cm) on both legs like you want in order to maintain proportions and divide the stress in your legs. Maybe someone who had CLL can verify that tho.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:43:00 PM by IamAndrew »

Moubgf

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »

But realistically there's no way I'd feel comfortable spendin 70k~ for a 2nd, high quality internal CLL if I were already considered average after the first external CLL (unless I were a multi-millionaire). Think about it, you could travel the world for years with that much money or do just about anything. I would rather spend that money on facial plastic surgery (substantially cheaper) and personal trainer to look like Adonis at (after first ext CLL) instead of a 2nd soul and body wrenching $70k CLL for 2 inches.

Is being an average height Adonis better than being a slightly taller than average but less aesthetic and athletic guy? I think so. You could always put in a shoe insert as an alternative for the 2nd CLL, but there's no alternative to facial imperfections or flabby/twiggy body. I guess if I were perfectly aesthetic and average height but still not happy then I would contemplate 2nd CLL.

If you're already financially set tho and would be totally happy with stopping for good at 5'10", then I would do 2 ops (to divide the cm) on both legs like you want in order to maintain proportions and divide the stress in your legs. Maybe someone who had CLL can verify that tho.

Without height you can not be considered sexy.  And a night out the taller people enjoy it the most while the under average and average guys are just there?.  ever noticed that?.
It's always the tall guys that are outloud and having a blast be it women, at the hot dog stand after clubbing, Toilets inside clubs, You name it. With height you can get away with anything bro. With a structual face on a teen body? not so much. The point of this surgery is to not use shoe lifts any more, lol

So too me Height>looks.

Moubgf

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 08:06:02 PM »

Well if you are 6'0 and not succeeding in life...you failed. How are you gonna mention your academic background in clubs and just in social gatherings. There is no time and frankly no one cares, unless you arrive in a ferrari and says "sup". A guy waiting tables but looking fresh at 5'11>, Is by default gonna have a good time. Unless he is not completly unaware and stupid. Well duh? i am ofcourse counting in the fashion clothes and stuff like that. Im talking about the whole package here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:57:12 AM by Admin »

IamAndrew

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »

With all else being equal, of course a 6'0" guy will have advantage over a guy 2-3 inches lower.

My point is with the time/money invested in a 2nd CLL to be close to 6'0" you could, much easier, put that into improving other qualities about yourself that complete the "package". Being average height is about not suffering the drawbacks of being short more than the bonus of being considered tall. I don't think anyone would be on this site if they were considered average height in their respective country or ethnicity. A well-rounded average height guy is > than taller who suffers in other aspects. Btw if you are educated you should speak eloquently enough for people to detect it without you having to list off your creds. I had to do SO many speeches and presentations in business school (with much taller peers btw). 

If I were already average height there's no way I would come here to try and get over 6'0" unless Guichet/Betz dropped their internal femur prices to like $10,000-. Then I would consider it but still not feel I need it.

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 04:46:00 AM »

Sorry I haven't been able to reply! Been a long and busy week  ;D

Anyways, I'd like to bring this back on track and introduce myself and the reasons as to why I'm considering LL in the first place.

About me:
I'm a freshman (former as of last Wed!) in College who is currently 5'7". I have good (4.0) grades and (from what I'm told) a cool and likeable personality. I understand that height is not the be all end all trait, and honestly, I'm not looking to be tall. Slightly above average, or roughly 5'10" or 5'11" in shoes is good enough for me. I just want to be able to walk into a meeting or meet someone for the first time and not have my height be the first thing to be most noticeable. Yes, I understand that height isn't everything, and that I'll have plenty of opportunities to compensate for it later on, but I'd rather not have to. It's not a question of me being lazy, because I'll put in the work regardless, I'd just rather not have to deal with it. I want to be able to come into something with only my performance of the task at hand being thought of first and foremost.

I've tried to live with my height for a very long time, and I honestly think it's something I will never get over. That being said, I totally understand that height isn't the deciding factor, and only intend to use this to become above average. As far as future LL goes, that would just be icing on the cake. If 5'10" is all I can get within near perfect proportions, then that's fine by me  :D

Hopefully this clears up my attitude towards LL and my reasoning behind it.

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 04:55:18 AM »

My height and wingspan are almost the same (see my sig) as yours but your hands and feet are slightly larger, so you're really prime for CLL.

Your proportions look good in those mock ups. However, going through 2 surgeries for 2.5 cm a piece seems like a good idea on paper but a bad idea in reality unless you have a lot of money and aren't concerned about complications or the trauma of breaking 4 bones instead of 2 at once. Why not just 5.5 cm on one leg part? Your tibias are naturally shorter than femur so you probably have wiggle room on those. Try a mock up with 5.5 cm on that part only.

As far as waiting for new ways to lengthen limbs, I wouldn't count on that. Anything easier than LL by current methods would have astronomic costs (as there will always be a high demand for it by millionaires and the likes) and in over 60 years not much has changed in CLL. Only difference is a few doctors patented their own niche devices and have claims of better XYZ. Sadly, the very long and evasive nature of the procedure is also what keeps its cost reasonable for desperate people like most users here.

If I were in your shoes, I would do 5.5 cm external tibia asap (I'd try Dr. Mitkovic - least evasive and less scars and 5.5 cm is highly reasonable with his device - avoid the problems associated with internal tibias too such as chronic knee pains) and then later do 5.5 cm internal femur after saving up enough for Betz or Guichet. This scenario is the most reasonable with least long-term complications and max benefits imo. If you do 2 surgeries for 6 cm total tho and then wait for another way to get taller to come out, you will likely be disappointed and if you ever decide to go back for another LL surgery your bones and muscle may not like the added trauma of a 3rd procedure. At least that is my plan anyway over the next 5 years.
I'm considering doing Paley by going down the 2 surgery route. Do you think it would still be inadvisable in his case? Money is a factor, but honestly I'm bigger on safety and recovery.

ThickButt

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »

BilateralDamage asked Dr Paley alot of questions during consultation, check it out  :)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=237.msg6876#msg6876

I think you should aim for like 8cm-10cm if you are doing 2 segments (tibias & femurs), it's still within the safe limit recommended by doctors.   Also spread the timing of the 1st and 2nd surgery by one or two years for optimal recovery.
Nice, really informative and eye opening. Definitely serves to only cement my confidence in Paley.

As for length, I'm honestly going to put my max at 8cm. I'm not looking to be tall, I just want to be slightly above average while maintaining close to "golden ratio" proportions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up