Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I shorten?  (Read 1955 times)

xenia123

Where should I shorten?
« on: June 26, 2020, 07:10:21 PM »

Hello everyone
I've been on the forum for over 2 years now reading posts and gathering information.
I'm a 178 cm (5'10) tall woman who wants to shorten as much as possible. I know that the shortening operation is rare on the forum here, but it is truly terrible to be taller than the average male height as a woman. I hope it's understandable, even though almost all of you on here are not in this situation.

After contacting doctors, I had to learn that it's only possible to shorten 4 cm on the femurs and/or 3 cm on the tibias. It sucks that the safe amount for shortening is only 4 cm on one segment. But, better be 174 or 175 than 178 cm. (Seriously, I'd kill to be 155-170 cm. Most women don't even know how blessed they are to be of "normal" height.)
I don't think I'm gonna shorten the femur AND tibia, as the operation(s) and the healing would be too complex.

So, now I have to decide whether I shorten the femur or the tibia. On one hand, long femurs are more attractive for women, so I hesitate to shorten them. But on the other hand, shortening the tibias is more complicated and riskier.
On a first glance, do you think I should go for 4 cm on the femur? Would it bring my proportions too much out of order?

https://ibb.co/ssZd9wX

if not working: https://imgur.com/A2qUiKc
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:55:47 PM by xenia123 »

hanshi

Re: Where should I shorten?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »

I think no matter which segment you want to shorten, your proportions are going to look worse than now. Also your arms might look a bit long after leg shortening.
Tibia shortening is certainly more dangerous than femur. You might get nerve damage and won't be able to walk normally.
As for femur shortening it's probably the only option. However you will look more stocky afterwards.
The main question would still be your motivation:
Are you dissatisfied with your own body in itself or do you just suffer because  you are relatively taller than average?
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

xenia123

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 08:17:11 PM »

I'm dissatisfied because I'm so much taller than almost all women I meet. I'm 5 inches over the female average in my country and I'm the average height of a man. Although not being the same regarding discrimination, it's the equivalent to being a 5'5 man.

I don't have any problems with my body proportions and I know that my proportions with look worse after shortening, but I'm willing to worsen my proportions in order to be shorter.

Tomhard

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 08:18:01 PM »

Dr. Betz can shorten more than 4cm.
He already shorten femurs by 6cm for a tall woman

xenia123

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »

Yes, but this woman (Olivia Jones) was 2.01 m (6'7) - her femurs were longer so she was able to shorten more.

It's actually Dr. Betz that told me 4 cm would be safe so I can still do all sports I did before.

Tomhard

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 08:23:54 PM »

I will shorten my femurs by 5 cm with Dr. Betz next month

xenia123

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 08:34:15 PM »

Wow. You're shortening after having lengthened. I'm astonished Betz is willing to do that.
Good luck.

Tomhard

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »

Yes. After lenghtening 11cm i will shorten again by 5cm.

hanshi

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 09:52:49 PM »

If something goes wrong and you want to sue Betz let me know.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

kumbaya

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 01:34:27 AM »

Hi there,

If you want to shorten its completely respectable.
However looking at your picture, you have a nice body, you look tall but not big which is great for a woman.

At 178 you are a tall woman, but not freakingly tall. I had a female coworker who was 185, which really is is too tall for a woman.
However, she did not felt embarrased at all. In fact she enjoyed being taller than most men in the office, it gave a boost to her confidence  in a corporate world where women tend to be treated unequal.

At 178 you are completely ok in my opinion.

xenia123

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 04:34:22 PM »

Thank you for your opinion, kumbaya.
I think freakingly tall begins at 174 cm... that‘s already 95th percentile.

Ascending

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »

Hi Xenia,

I also think you look great already.  By shortening your legs, your arms will look disproportionate and your feet will probably look too big.  Instead wear flats and avoid heels and you will look just fine.  I can understand that you feel abnormal but you are abnormally better not worse.  If you go ahead with the surgery, at best you will have some scars and at worst some serious complications.  But whatever you decide good luck anyway!

A.

James

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 02:45:02 AM »

I have read all your previous posts and comments regarding limb shortening and I just realized we texted a long while ago on Whatsapp already about this surgery. It seems that you would still rather be short and live with a disproportionate body ratio for the rest of your life than be tall.

You have overlooked one key potential consequence here : Loss of function and unknown risk of compensation. Apart from finally being short and having a disproportionate ratio, have you ever considered how this surgery could turn you into a "sub-healthy" person for the rest of your life ? By "sub-healthy" I mean you would still have your legs, but you might not be able to walk or run or do things you otherwise could with your pre-surgery legs.

I can confidently say that there isn't any sizeable amount of documentation regarding limb shortening for cosmetic purpose. Unlike the number of Limb Lengthebing documentation which is increasing by the day, you are stepping into an unknown realm with unknown and undocumented risks and complications. The closest documentation we have is amputation which is itself a form of limb shortening. But then amputation is mostly down on an already severely damaged leg often with torn soft tissues and severed nerves and key blood vessels, while the limb shortening you are looking for is done on perfect healthy legs. Healthy legs and severely damaged legs have significantly different pre and post biomechanic structures and so there is really not much you can refer to from the documentation of amputation. Chances are, you might be able to finally become shorter, but your walking gait would probably look crippled and this is not something a girl in her 20s would want. This would further complicate itself if you become a mother as you would have to do what a mom does - chores and all. The biomechanics of your legs would not be the same and you might not be able to do things you otherwise could. Even the most genuine prayers wouldn't be able to help you go back in time.

I hope as much as you focus on how much shorter and happier you would become, you should focus as much on how much of an unknown this is, how this unknown could make you regret for the rest of your live. Every woman might be the mother of another soul one day. Whatever you do today, take that into consideration. You want to give yourself flexibility and possibility, not limiting them. Limb shortening is exactly the one big unknown thing that literally limit them. You are giving your body a minus, which is the exact opposite of limb lengthening.

I took the time to go this long-winded because you deserve better than a "minus".

SuchLL

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2021, 03:13:38 AM »

I know nothing about shortening and don’t know how dangerous it is. However by just looking at your picture, I think shortening tibias will look better.

zaozari

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 06:42:07 PM »

May I ask if you are doing that to solve any problems arising from the lenghtening or just because you changed your mind or don't like your looks now?

Sorcerer

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 07:38:33 AM »

As long as you can migrate into China you will feel average cuz the height inflation here is very severe and popular.

tallertree

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 08:36:07 AM »

Are you from Europe? If yes then you are not taller than the average man and your problem is thus not in your height.

For example in northern Europe your height is just a few cm above the average for females. It ranges between 165-175cm.

This is important to highlight because the money, time and pain you have to go through will not be worth it at the end of the day. With that said i know that Betz and Paley does shortening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up