Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur LON Lengthening with Dr. Halil Buldu Istanbul Turkey  (Read 383 times)

lengthenmemike

• Visitor
Femur LON Lengthening with Dr. Halil Buldu Istanbul Turkey
« on: July 23, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »

Hello everyone, I’ve followed this forum for a long time and now I think is my chance to give back. I just had LON femur surgery with Dr. Halil Buldu yesterday, I’ll share the details with you in my diary.

Starting height 171cm
Goal: 8cm lengthen on femurs

Day 1
In the hours leading up to the operation I was absolutely terrified, but I went through the motions of preparing for surgery and the next thing I knew I was in my hospital room recovering. After the surgery I was really dizzy and out of it, the pain level wasn’t too much as the Dr. ordered pain medication to be administered through an IV. Honestly Dr. Buldu and his assistant Murat are very nice and they go out of their way to help. Before Turkey I was considering other countries for lengthening but I'm glad I chose Turkey.

Right now is about 24 hours since the surgery, my legs are still hurting but I'm receiving pain medication through the IV. Also, Dr. Buldu and his assistant helped me walk today (only about 10 steps), something I really didn't expect so soon after surgery - surprisingly this was not painful, just uncomfortable and awkward. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'll gladly answer any questions and keep this diary going, also shout out to Meck who's diary actually inspired me to consider Dr. Buldu - and I'm happy with my choice.

A

• 5'8 1/2
Re: Femur LON Lengthening with Dr. Halil Buldu Istanbul Turkey
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »

Hello,

Are you turkish? and could you please provide pictures for the wannabe LL'ers ?
It'd help a lot.
also my prayers are with you, I wish you a good recovery.

Best Regards
height: 173
wingspan: 180+

more

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »

Hello everyone, I’ve followed this forum for a long time and now I think is my chance to give back. I just had LON femur surgery with Dr. Halil Buldu yesterday, I’ll share the details with you in my diary.

Starting height 171cm
Goal: 8cm lengthen on femurs

Day 1
In the hours leading up to the operation I was absolutely terrified, but I went through the motions of preparing for surgery and the next thing I knew I was in my hospital room recovering. After the surgery I was really dizzy and out of it, the pain level wasn’t too much as the Dr. ordered pain medication to be administered through an IV. Honestly Dr. Buldu and his assistant Murat are very nice and they go out of their way to help. Before Turkey I was considering other countries for lengthening but I'm glad I chose Turkey.

Right now is about 24 hours since the surgery, my legs are still hurting but I'm receiving pain medication through the IV. Also, Dr. Buldu and his assistant helped me walk today (only about 10 steps), something I really didn't expect so soon after surgery - surprisingly this was not painful, just uncomfortable and awkward. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'll gladly answer any questions and keep this diary going, also shout out to Meck who's diary actually inspired me to consider Dr. Buldu - and I'm happy with my choice.

Hello. LON what monorail ?

lengthenmemike

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »

I am from the US, this is my first time in Turkey.

The method is Lengthening Over Nail which means the doctor inserts a nail while an external device stretches the bones apart. At the end of lengthening nail is locked and external device removed.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »

I am from the US, this is my first time in Turkey.

The method is Lengthening Over Nail which means the doctor inserts a nail while an external device stretches the bones apart. At the end of lengthening nail is locked and external device removed.
Good luck on your journey! I wish you an excellent lengthening. Do you have any pictures of what your legs currently look like with the monorail device and of what your room looks like? It would really help potential patients if you could share that. Please keep us updated!
Regards,
Sky

lolwhyamidoingthis

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »

Hey man!

Im currently also doing LON Femurs with dr. Halil! Im on day 25 post surgery. Wanna talk and share some experiences? If so, hit me up on whatsapp +47 479 52 537 or +90 0538 516 0289

more

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 12:19:10 PM »

Hey man!

Im currently also doing LON Femurs with dr. Halil! Im on day 25 post surgery. Wanna talk and share some experiences? If so, hit me up on whatsapp +47 479 52 537 or +90 0538 516 0289
LON monorail or ilizarov LON?

lolwhyamidoingthis

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »

LON monorail  :)

lengthenmemike

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »

Today is my third day post op, things are going well and getting better everyday. The first 48 hours are a blur of you not really knowing what's going on, second guessing yourself and coping with the pain this surgery brings. But through all my doubts and worries the doctor and his assistant are very pleasant and I know I'm in good hands.

Also the hospital is very modern and beautiful, the nurses are quick to help with medicine/food etc. I use google translate to talk with most of them but the international patient coordinator at the hospital speaks perfect english and so does Dr. Halil and his assistant Murat.

I walk with the doctor everyday and had a custom made walker brought in (its wider to accomodate the external devices), the walking is slow and its baby steps for now but it's surprisingly not painful to walk, its just awkward. I have much more pain sitting in the bed all day.

On the fifth day after surgery I'll be released from the hospital and will stay in a hotel for a couple weeks or so before returning home to continue distracting there.

Here are some pics I uploaded or the room, food, legs. You can't really see the device because of the bandages but I'll upload more pics later on.

https://imgur.com/a/rYJJbjg

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 02:42:42 PM »

Today is my third day post op, things are going well and getting better everyday. The first 48 hours are a blur of you not really knowing what's going on, second guessing yourself and coping with the pain this surgery brings. But through all my doubts and worries the doctor and his assistant are very pleasant and I know I'm in good hands.

Also the hospital is very modern and beautiful, the nurses are quick to help with medicine/food etc. I use google translate to talk with most of them but the international patient coordinator at the hospital speaks perfect english and so does Dr. Halil and his assistant Murat.

I walk with the doctor everyday and had a custom made walker brought in (its wider to accomodate the external devices), the walking is slow and its baby steps for now but it's surprisingly not painful to walk, its just awkward. I have much more pain sitting in the bed all day.

On the fifth day after surgery I'll be released from the hospital and will stay in a hotel for a couple weeks or so before returning home to continue distracting there.

Here are some pics I uploaded or the room, food, legs. You can't really see the device because of the bandages but I'll upload more pics later on.

https://imgur.com/a/rYJJbjg
I’m glad you’re in no pain at the moment. We appreciate the pictures! The hospital looks cleaner than I thought. When did they tell you will start lengthening?

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 02:50:06 PM »

Hey man!

Personally, I think you should meet. It will extremely benefit the both of you to have someone that’s going through the same. Do you guys already have an accomodation plan set up? Maybe, you could even stay together during the lengthening to cut the accommodation price in half.

lengthenmemike

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 11:08:38 AM »

Hey Sky - the lengthening process will begin on the seventh day after the surgery, so next wednesday in my case. The pain is not gone it's still there, but the hospital nurses help control it with the IV painkillers
Pages: [1]   Go Up