Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020  (Read 53696 times)

Dreamer57

Re: Femurs with Dr. Shahab Mahboubian - July 2020
« Reply #620 on: September 03, 2021, 05:56:11 AM »

Awesome update man! Really happy for you! You are an inspiration!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #621 on: September 04, 2021, 10:33:38 PM »

wtf? I can't even do that and I haven't had CLL yet 😂

Hey Growing! I think he is correct. If I can't do it, then I don't deserve the IronMan title Dr. M. gave me or the CLLJesus title I recently got :D  If a CLLJesus cannot do a duck walk for 60 seconds, then how could he be a CLLJesus, haha.   I'll report soon if I am the CLLJesus or not :D
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #622 on: September 04, 2021, 11:01:06 PM »

What's your 100m sprint time now. What was it before if you had any record? Thanks!

Hey Audous, 

You asked a question that makes me write a fairly long story :D    Unfortunately the last time I recorded a 100m was when I was a teenager, back in 1980s when Carl Lewis was making world records around 10 seconds and faster. Carl Lewis had created this fever among us to try 100m. To my surprise a friend of mine (who was shorter than me, but had slightly longer legs than mine) could beat me repeatedly with a few meters ahead of me by the finish line. He was unbelievably fast and could beat us all. He was the reason I thought I should put my focus on soccer, gymnastics, and taekwondo and not much on running! Since then I never ran for the sake of practicing for running, but in soccer mainly. I later quit soccer and started swimming and therefore I ultimately became more of a swimmer than a runner.

Since CLL, I have resume jogging and running. I believe my speed is good, but the numbers I have are for a mile the least: I can jog for at least 3 miles while keeping my timing to shorter than 24 minutes (i.e., shorter than 8 minutes per mile). I can jog for at least 6.5 miles in shorter than 55mins (i.e., lower than 9 mins per mile). These speeds are not easy to achieve, but yet, I don't wanna claim much on them. I would not be surprised if one of you guys beat me on it soon. On walking that's a different story. For someone to break my record, they have to put an exceptional level of commitment, effort, and training.

Let me try and report my timing on a 100m, but I don't think it's going to be impressive! 

« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 11:56:40 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #623 on: September 04, 2021, 11:02:26 PM »

Awesome update man! Really happy for you! You are an inspiration!

Thanks Dreamer57. My pleasure! I love helping out people and I would stick around and try to do just that.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #624 on: September 04, 2021, 11:48:01 PM »

Stryde, you still feel good towering over random people at the grocery checkout lines?

Hey itseasy!    Long time no see, glad you showed up  here :)

Yes, I still feel like towering most of the people in LA public places, but let me add some of my observations related to your question:

1)  Although my real peak height is around 180.5cm, the iphone app estimates my height as 6' barefoot at night, I guess cause my hair adds to my height. Depending on the shoes I wear, I may be at 6'1" or taller.

I have gradually met more friends as LA opens up a bit. As many of us know already, guys tend to brag about their heights. I have in several occasions met friends who claimed to be 6' or 6'1", but finding out that post CLL I am taller than them! ...reminds me of President Trump claiming to be 6'3", but standing next to President Obama (who is 6'1") on almost every occasion seems shorter, haha.

2) My brain still underestimates my height as compared to others. It's very typical that I see a guy who seems taller than me when far, but when they get close to me, I am clearly taller. Not sure why my brain decides to still remember my old height and not use my current eye level and height!

3) In publics areas on the rich sides of West LA, or places that are close to colleges or universities, there are a lot more tall folks. I feel like there must be many young boys and girls above 185cm, even in LA.

4) In my professions and areas of work, it's the brain that counts and I don't think anyone would care if you are short or tall. Some of the best of us are shorter than 165cm. 

5) As I have said before, height has not been my main motivation to do this surgery, cause I never had any major issues with my height, enough to motivate me to do this surgery. It was the thought of the challenges and surprises that the CLL surgery had to offer; the fact that very few can do it successfully; and the motivation to try to make world records during the process, that made me determined to go for it at some point.

Hope this helps.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #625 on: September 05, 2021, 06:51:59 PM »

But can StrydeNailChallenge duck walk with a low stance continuously for 60 seconds?

Hey Want-3-inches,
I have tried various forms of duck walk including what these video show:

I find it very very simple. I believe I can do it for much longer than 60 seconds, but so far tried various walks several times, and over one minute each time. I believe the non-stop 120+ squats I typically do these days, is tougher.

Let me know if what you had in mind is different from the one above, but if not, I can confidently say that what you asked (duck walk with low stance for 60+ seconds) is not tough at all and I think many CLL'ers would be able to do that.

SNC

Want-3-inches

« Reply #626 on: September 05, 2021, 07:15:48 PM »

Yeah that is what I meant.

Ok you can do that  >:(

But surely you can't do jump lunges for 120 seconds without taking a break (break = standing on both feet or resting your knee on the floor for long)

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #627 on: September 05, 2021, 08:57:06 PM »

Yeah that is what I meant.

Ok you can do that  >:(

But surely you can't do jump lunges for 120 seconds without taking a break (break = standing on both feet or resting your knee on the floor for long)

I believe this one is a bit more difficult than the 60 second duck walk; however it's quite doable too. This is a video of my first attempt right after seeing your post. My socks kept sliding, so could not deliver a perfect one, but I have no doubt I can do a perfect one with knees close to the ground, if I have my running shoes and do that outside on a hard floor.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #628 on: September 05, 2021, 09:04:23 PM »

Nice, your balance is good. Yeah maybe you will do better outside with shoes. You have to take your knee lower and the jump should be explosive. If you are planning to record yourself, see if you can record sideways. Cheers!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #629 on: September 05, 2021, 09:09:15 PM »

Nice, your balance is good. Yeah maybe you will do better outside with shoes. You have to take your knee lower and the jump should be explosive. If you are planning to record yourself, see if you can record sideways. Cheers!

I know. Just wanted to show that even without practice is doable. If you do 100s of squats per days, bringing knees down would not be a problem on a hard floor if your feet don't slide.

I think with a few days of practice and with running shoes on, it would be easy for most of the CLL'ers 4 months post nail removal or a year post CLL.

Dreamer57

« Reply #630 on: September 06, 2021, 03:26:26 PM »

Whoa crazy man! Keep posting such videos, feels good to watch you do crazy stuff!

itseasy

« Reply #631 on: September 07, 2021, 01:21:51 AM »

Yes, I still feel like towering most of the people in LA public places, but let me add some of my observations related to your question:

1)  Although my real peak height is around 180.5cm, the iphone app estimates my height as 6' barefoot at night, I guess cause my hair adds to my height. Depending on the shoes I wear, I may be at 6'1" or taller.

I have gradually met more friends as LA opens up a bit. As many of us know already, guys tend to brag about their heights. I have in several occasions met friends who claimed to be 6' or 6'1", but finding out that post CLL I am taller than them! ...reminds me of President Trump claiming to be 6'3", but standing next to President Obama (who is 6'1") on almost every occasion seems shorter, haha.

2) My brain still underestimates my height as compared to others. It's very typical that I see a guy who seems taller than me when far, but when they get close to me, I am clearly taller. Not sure why my brain decides to still remember my old height and not use my current eye level and height!

3) In publics areas on the rich sides of West LA, or places that are close to colleges or universities, there are a lot more tall folks. I feel like there must be many young boys and girls above 185cm, even in LA.

4) In my professions and areas of work, it's the brain that counts and I don't think anyone would care if you are short or tall. Some of the best of us are shorter than 165cm. 

5) As I have said before, height has not been my main motivation to do this surgery, cause I never had any major issues with my height, enough to motivate me to do this surgery. It was the thought of the challenges and surprises that the CLL surgery had to offer; the fact that very few can do it successfully; and the motivation to try to make world records during the process, that made me determined to go for it at some point.

Hope this helps.

I still get those tricks that my brain plays on me. I’ll constantly see people who I think may be the same height or taller, but then I’ll get closer and notice I’m taller. I’m 6’ with no shoes now. The CLl pain is gone and I’m about to hit one year post CLL surgery soon.

I visit here every so often, but I can see how some go on with life after CLL. This forum is a valuable resource for everyone thinking about or going through CLL.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #632 on: September 09, 2021, 07:50:39 AM »

Whoa crazy man! Keep posting such videos, feels good to watch you do crazy stuff!

Hey Dreamer57,
Not really crazy (and obviously I did not do it correctly, mainly cause of slippery floor and lack of practice! That video was my first try ever on jumping lunges) but thanks for your all time support!   

Jumping lung is a great exercise (and so is the duck walk).  I thank Want-3-inches for suggesting them.  I have already incorporated them into my daily workouts.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #633 on: September 09, 2021, 06:41:32 PM »

Hey Dreamer57,
Not really crazy (and obviously I did not do it correctly, mainly cause of slippery floor and lack of practice! That video was my first try ever on jumping lunges) but thanks for your all time support!   

Jumping lung is a great exercise (and so is the duck walk).  I thank Want-3-inches for suggesting them.  I have already incorporated them into my daily workouts.

Try to do high intensity interval training if you haven't tried it already. Doing such exercises (jumping lunges, duck walk) in the midst of a 40 minute workout is far more difficult than doing them in isolation. The workouts usually have 45 seconds of some exercise and 15 seconds of rest and this is repeated 30 or 40 times. There are lots of youtube videos.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #634 on: September 10, 2021, 07:32:12 PM »

Try to do high intensity interval training if you haven't tried it already. Doing such exercises (jumping lunges, duck walk) in the midst of a 40 minute workout is far more difficult than doing them in isolation. The workouts usually have 45 seconds of some exercise and 15 seconds of rest and this is repeated 30 or 40 times. There are lots of youtube videos.

Thanks Want-3-inches. I already do intense exercises and part of them are in intervals. I am a believer in quick tense exercises. Specifically for someone like me who prefers non-bulky athletic body, they help a lot. I agree with you that youtube is a great source for various cardio interval workouts.

The duck walk of 60+ seconds I had report here, was after doing some exercises including 120 non-stop squats. The lunge was after some exercises and shortly after I did 120+ non-stop squats. the duck walk is not difficult at all, but I have started adding it, cause I believe it may help with some muscles. The lunge is more difficult because for a long time I did not do anything similar to it. I have added that to my routines (no hard jumping though, cause I don't want to trigger any knee issues down the road). In general change routines, would be good. So I appreciate your suggestions very much.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #635 on: September 10, 2021, 07:49:26 PM »

Hope this helps.

I would like to add two more observations:

6) While walking/jogging in the streets, I find all sedan and some suv/truck cars as short! It's interesting how 8cm can make a big difference for my brain, when it comes to car heights, yet when it comes to people, it typically overestimates their height. I can't figure out why!

7) I think Queen mattress length of 80 inches would be sufficient for someone around 180cm tall; however 75 inch full size mattresses (i.e.,  length of 6' 3") could be short, cause lying on your belly your feet position can extend your height to a level that 75 inches may not be high enough to provide a pleasant sleep. I recommend queen or king for those close to 180cm and above.
Hope this helps.   

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #636 on: September 10, 2021, 08:08:13 PM »

I still get those tricks that my brain plays on me. I’ll constantly see people who I think may be the same height or taller, but then I’ll get closer and notice I’m taller. I’m 6’ with no shoes now. The CLl pain is gone and I’m about to hit one year post CLL surgery soon.

I visit here every so often, but I can see how some go on with life after CLL. This forum is a valuable resource for everyone thinking about or going through CLL.

Good to know you are doing well. I also visit here once in a while. Take care. 

itseasy

« Reply #637 on: September 11, 2021, 08:27:29 AM »

Good to know you are doing well. I also visit here once in a while. Take care.

Thanks Stryde. One of the things I’d like to share with prospective CLL’rs is that this process and journey is truly a test. When it comes to challenges, it tests your physical ability, mind, soul and your determination/perseverance on achieving what you want regarding CLL.

It’s diaries like these that demonstrate that things of this intensity can be done. For me personally, it was one of the biggest challenges I’ve ever had because it tests you on so many levels.

Now, with that being said, I can kind of remember the times where I wanted to stop or I questioned myself on what have I done or got my self into during distraction phase. But, I can tell you right now that those are distant memories and I can’t totally remember the pains or mental state I was in at the time. This should tell you something....you will end up coming out the other side happy with your achievement and you will feel totally normal doing your day to day things, feeling like a normal walking person, you’ll just be taller now. You’ll even often forget that you’ve even had a major surgery. That’s a fact!

Was it worth it???? Yes, every single penny. No regrets!!!!

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #638 on: September 11, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »

Thanks Stryde. One of the things I’d like to share with prospective CLL’rs is that this process and journey is truly a test. When it comes to challenges, it tests your physical ability, mind, soul and your determination/perseverance on achieving what you want regarding CLL.

It’s diaries like these that demonstrate that things of this intensity can be done. For me personally, it was one of the biggest challenges I’ve ever had because it tests you on so many levels.

Now, with that being said, I can kind of remember the times where I wanted to stop or I questioned myself on what have I done or got my self into during distraction phase. But, I can tell you right now that those are distant memories and I can’t totally remember the pains or mental state I was in at the time. This should tell you something....you will end up coming out the other side happy with your achievement and you will feel totally normal doing your day to day things, feeling like a normal walking person, you’ll just be taller now. You’ll even often forget that you’ve even had a major surgery. That’s a fact!

Was it worth it???? Yes, every single penny. No regrets!!!!

Thanks itseasy! I second you!   
Just one more note: You and I and many other CLL'ers have had a happy version of the CLL journey. The prospective CLL'ers should be very careful in planning for theirs to minimize complications. Here in the US things are fairly easy. You choose any of the well-known doctors and you will most likely be set with almost everything (hospital, reliable resolution of potential complications down the road, etc.).
Those going to other countries, should do a lot of research beyond this forum to make sure they have everything right (reliable doctor, equipment, postop care, etc.) otherwise, complications might at least take a couple years of your life with pain and regret.     
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:15:26 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

Dreamer57

« Reply #639 on: September 11, 2021, 05:47:04 PM »

This gives us a lot of confidence! Thanks!... I have this weird question...

Now that they ream our femurs bones to put nails...once the nails/rods are removed...do our bones remain hollow for life time? Or the bone marrow re-generates back?

Also after the removal of scews....does our bone remain with holes or are those holes healed later?

Maybe ask this on your next visit!

itseasy

« Reply #640 on: September 11, 2021, 06:25:39 PM »

This gives us a lot of confidence! Thanks!... I have this weird question...

Now that they ream our femurs bones to put nails...once the nails/rods are removed...do our bones remain hollow for life time? Or the bone marrow re-generates back?

Also after the removal of scews....does our bone remain with holes or are those holes healed later?

Maybe ask this on your next visit!

I know the holes fill in back to normal. I also believe the bone marrow returns.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2021, 04:13:44 AM »

In Month 13 Post-CLL, also Month 5 post Nail Removal:

Hello CLL'ers,

180 side split was always something in my mind and I worked well for it up until nail removal on month 8. I had 10cm to the ground two days before the nail removal surgery. However after the nail removal, I did not practice for a while and later my mind was occupied with other stuff. I got back to it during the current month and I could finally do it.
I believe this is the toughest move I have tried post CLL.

The following video shows the split and also the warmup routine I do daily before each try:

All CLL'ers are welcome to try to break my records, but specifically on this one, I advise careful planning and preparation.

SNC
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 05:44:23 AM by StrydeNailChallenge »

Dreamer57

« Reply #642 on: September 17, 2021, 01:39:35 PM »

Wtf!!!!! I CANT EVEN DO THAT!... I bet lot of healthy ppl who haven't done this can't do it!!! This is insane....mannnnn I am now gonna do this surgery 💯 percent!!!! This insaneeeeeee brother...! Congratulations on such great recovery!!

Movie

« Reply #643 on: September 17, 2021, 08:36:12 PM »

Nice man! I feel like my nails stop me at some point from doing the full split, but everybody who goes through CLL should do this stretch a lot as well! one of the muscles that gets the tightest after CLL, Very good job SNC!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

itseasy

« Reply #644 on: September 18, 2021, 05:15:21 AM »

I couldn’t even do anything near that PRE CLL!!

Want-3-inches

« Reply #645 on: September 20, 2021, 09:37:17 PM »

Wow man that's insane!

Unrelated question: I'm curious did you ever measure your pre-surgery tibia / femur proportions?

Growing

« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2021, 02:24:31 AM »

watching your progress make me wish stryde was still available. It's hidden and weight bearing. I wish their was docs outside the US that just said f**k it, and did stryde anyways..lol. it obviously works. may I ask what your weight was before surgery and did you lose any during recovery? I'm 5'8 as well. but a little over 173cm. So are you currently 5'11.5 measured? that would be awesome. you could technically claim 6ft. Have people noticed? How has life been after lengthening? And I swear if you didn't tell your age in the beginning I wouldn't peak you a day over 30. Your athletic ability and flexibility is better than guys my age and younger with no surgery.

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #647 on: September 24, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »

Wtf!!!!! I CANT EVEN DO THAT!... I bet lot of healthy ppl who haven't done this can't do it!!! This is insane....mannnnn I am now gonna do this surgery 💯 percent!!!! This insaneeeeeee brother...! Congratulations on such great recovery!!

:)) Thanks Dreamer57!    but on a serious note, I don't believe anyone should go for CLL based on my experience. If you look at the worst cases and still decide to do it, then that's logical (cause you are prepared even for the worst), but think of me as a mean plus 6 sigma of CLL'ers :)) you don't decide only based on best cases :P

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #648 on: September 24, 2021, 03:33:18 PM »

Nice man! I feel like my nails stop me at some point from doing the full split, but everybody who goes through CLL should do this stretch a lot as well! one of the muscles that gets the tightest after CLL, Very good job SNC!

Thanks Movie!

At least in my case, nails were not any issue as far as splitting. Two days before the nail removal in Month 8 I was at 10cm gap above the ground. I know (and I saw for myself) the last 10cms is tough but I had no doubt I could make it to full split by Month 8 or 9 post CLL with the nails on.

Doing nail removal postponed it, cause I had to stop practicing splitting for at least a month and later I got distracted by work.  What it takes is a lot of commitment.

In general, my experience with nail removal has been very different from others. Everyone reports more flexibility after removal. Mine was almost no difference. I believe for two reasons: 1) I used my legs so much to a level that nails did not really matter, and 2) I removed the nails very early. I believe that makes a huge impact. I watched a video of Dr. Paley explaining why nail removal becomes a hassle to them if the CLL'ers remove it too late, say 2 years or longer. I would imagine the longer you wait, the more painful the nail removal surgery is (mine: no pain whatsoever; no painkillers; felt back to normal on day 3).

The only minor difference I felt was that for a couple stretching exercises like lying down on stomach and lifting legs upward one at a time, I felt my legs were a bit lighter during the first couple weeks post nail removal. Later I could not tell a difference.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:27:54 PM by StrydeNailChallenge »

ab608

« Reply #649 on: September 25, 2021, 02:00:19 AM »

In Month 13 Post-CLL, also Month 5 post Nail Removal:

Hello CLL'ers,

180 side split was always something in my mind and I worked well for it up until nail removal on month 8. I had 10cm to the ground two days before the nail removal surgery. However after the nail removal, I did not practice for a while and later my mind was occupied with other stuff. I got back to it during the current month and I could finally do it.
I believe this is the toughest move I have tried post CLL.

The following video shows the split and also the warmup routine I do daily before each try:

All CLL'ers are welcome to try to break my records, but specifically on this one, I advise careful planning and preparation.

SNC

👏👏 so impressive

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #650 on: September 25, 2021, 02:15:40 AM »

I couldn’t even do anything near that PRE CLL!!

Hey itseasy. The last time I had done this was a long time ago. Post CLL as I got fitter I decided to go for it. It was a harder than I had imagined at start!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up