Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10cm quads mockup  (Read 841 times)

precice strider

10cm quads mockup
« on: August 05, 2020, 05:07:23 AM »

https://imgur.com/a/9VP5tz9

Do my legs look too long? My older brother said that they look disproportionate and jokingly told me that if I lengthened my arms it would look better. (He's 19, somewhere between my height and an inch taller, and has no issues with his height.) I know Dr. Paley offers arm lengthening but there's no way I'm doing that.

I also intentionally put on a smaller shirt than usual, the one I'm wearing is a small and I usually wear mediums.

----------

P.S. I already know I have advised others in the past to consider only one surgery. Although that is what I would prefer, I have realized what 8cm femurs can do to your biomechanics. In addition, I've also come to realize that 5'5 is only my morning height, and that my evening height is 5'4. As we all know,

"Abnormally short" = 5'3 and under
"Short" = 5'4 to 5'7
"Average" = 5'8 to 5'10
"Tall" = 5'11 and up.

Therefore, assuming no more growth, I'm not sure if 8cm will be enough for me, as I would still remain in the "short" category at night.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 05:48:46 AM by HobbesTheDog »
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

Aquahoma2

Re: 10cm quads mockup
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:30:04 AM »

Frankly speaking, it’s always hard to tall when you’re in clothes. They can hide a lot.

However, what I found immensely useful is this article (was posted by someone earlier on the forum):
http://rsos.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/5/5/171790

It provides very useful information for proportions, saying what ratios are normal (i.e. lying within 3 standard deviations). As for results, the article says arm length does NOT matter and does NOT affect your attractiveness if certain ratio lies within 3 SD. In other words, -3 SD and +3 SD, though clearly distinguishable when models are directly compared, in real life are unnoticed. You will consider these arms normal.

If we’re talking about leg length, 0-0.5 SD is considered to be the most attractive. It’s the most important factor, in fact, in terms of attractiveness.

My advice thus is to measure, using techniques from the article, your proportions and look at the results. It’s the safest method, actually, to check it all out.

P.S. What’s your sitting height?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:35:24 AM »

I've probably seen lanky dudes with this type of torso and long legs. This looks fine and probably completely normal if I never knew LL existed or tibia/femur ratios. If the legs get more thick, I have no doubt you won't stand out at all.

Never in my life, have I ever even compared arm length to height in ANYONE besides like dwarves. Literally never. You won't need an armspan for this. This is not even close to t Rex levels. You're fine.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

precice strider

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:04:45 AM »

I've probably seen lanky dudes with this type of torso and long legs. This looks fine and probably completely normal if I never knew LL existed or tibia/femur ratios. If the legs get more thick, I have no doubt you won't stand out at all.

Never in my life, have I ever even compared arm length to height in ANYONE besides like dwarves. Literally never. You won't need an armspan for this. This is not even close to t Rex levels. You're fine.

I also intentionally wore tight "legging-like" pants in order to show the actual shape of my legs. What I wear in public is much looser. In addition, I've been doing much less weight training since gyms have been closed so I suppose if I have the money for it 10cm quads is a go. No more though.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 07:31:34 AM »

I also intentionally wore tight "legging-like" pants in order to show the actual shape of my legs. What I wear in public is much looser. In addition, I've been doing much less weight training since gyms have been closed so I suppose if I have the money for it 10cm quads is a go. No more though.

And calves naturally get thicker after LL do even with shorts it'll look fine. 10cm quads definitely will work out. Just try to do it with a year gap.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

short

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »

At least with clothes it looks good.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 03:57:19 PM »

Hello,

How many centimeters did you add onto your tibias in the picture? I don't think 5cm difference would look like this, I think 5cm difference would be less noticeable than that or am I wrong ?
My overall opinion: Your tibias look long. But it's not bad definetely. I liked it.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

precice strider

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 11:45:25 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/FkJLBDq

New version without clothes, face and privates blurred of course.
Feat. computer case in my room that I would never use.

What do you think?

a

• 5'9
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 12:00:53 AM »

Hey there,

According to my point of view, unfortunately you seem to have short arms and a short torso. I don't know what others would think.
May I ask what your wingspan is? and, could you please answer my upper message which is :
Hello,

How many centimeters did you add onto your tibias in the picture? I don't think 5cm difference would look like this, I think 5cm difference would be less noticeable than that or am I wrong ?
My overall opinion: Your tibias look long. But it's not bad definetely. I liked it.

Best Regards

edit: It's probably 5 centimeters each section but I just wanted to ask to make sure. (according to your forum signature)

precice strider

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »

5cm femurs, 5cm tibias. My wingspan is 165 or 166.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 12:19:07 AM »

Also, I think you might consider doing 6+4 instead of 5+5.

Hagane

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 01:51:27 AM »

Also, I think you might consider doing 6+4 instead of 5+5.
or if he cares about proportions: if his t:f is already 0.8 he could get 4.8 tib 6 femur
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Hagane

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 01:54:00 AM »

https://imgur.com/a/9VP5tz9

Do my legs look too long? My older brother said that they look disproportionate and jokingly told me that if I lengthened my arms it would look better. (He's 19, somewhere between my height and an inch taller, and has no issues with his height.) I know Dr. Paley offers arm lengthening but there's no way I'm doing that.

I also intentionally put on a smaller shirt than usual, the one I'm wearing is a small and I usually wear mediums.

----------

P.S. I already know I have advised others in the past to consider only one surgery. Although that is what I would prefer, I have realized what 8cm femurs can do to your biomechanics. In addition, I've also come to realize that 5'5 is only my morning height, and that my evening height is 5'4. As we all know,

"Abnormally short" = 5'3 and under
"Short" = 5'4 to 5'7
"Average" = 5'8 to 5'10
"Tall" = 5'11 and up.

Therefore, assuming no more growth, I'm not sure if 8cm will be enough for me, as I would still remain in the "short" category at night.

bro i think the long legs look good
i remember paley said in an interview that most models have disproportionate legs to body ratio and its because of that that they look better
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)
Pages: [1]   Go Up