Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LON with dr Lee in mid August  (Read 8339 times)

Cpl2012

Re: LON with dr Lee in mid August
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2020, 02:34:20 AM »

CPL are u Chinese? How.many Chinese and how many Koreans and how many Japanese. Who is your roommates. Japan? Hi i am Vietnamese. There is only one chinese patient here. 2 chinese just left. Most of patients here are korean. Due to Covid not a lot of internal patients here.I stay in an apartment not in the hospital though.

more

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 07:22:38 AM »

American?

apples

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2020, 04:04:19 AM »

Cpl, are you able to use a walker? If so, how difficult is it? I was under the impression that using a walker wouldn’t be too hard based on diaries like Jolien’s but now I’m getting different info.

Cpl2012

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2020, 11:53:24 AM »

CPL are u Chinese? How.many Chinese and how many Koreans and how many Japanese. Who is your roommates. Japan?
i am Vietnamese. I stay in an apartment close to the hospital. There is only one chinese patient now. Another chinese boy just left after finishing his lengthening. The rest are Korean. There are like around 20 patients right now. Dr Lee is pretty busy treating both cosmetics and medical patients.

Cpl2012

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2020, 11:57:27 AM »

I have been lengthening for 10 days now. Start practicing standing, blunging couple hours every day. I spend most of my day at the rehab center as my physical therapist recommends. There are around 20 patients at the rehabilitation center so it is kind of fun and everyone else keeps me motivated. The pain is much less now and with the pain killer, somedays i barely feel any pain.

Cpl2012

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2020, 11:58:24 AM »

Cpl2012

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »

Cpl, are you able to use a walker? If so, how difficult is it? I was under the impression that using a walker wouldn’t be too hard based on diaries like Jolien’s but now I’m getting different info.
I start practicing to use walker second week after surgery. I don’t use walker much though, but practicing standing a lot. I guess i will use walker more when i get stronger. I guess it depends on your weight. I saw a tiny girl with external fixator and her mobility is amazing. She got the surgery before me though.

brondo

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2020, 12:07:54 PM »

Hi Cpl2012,

Congrats on going through with this procedure. I have some questions for you. How long do you plan on staying in Korea? Is the place you are staying at part of Donghoon Lee's facilities or is it like some airbnb thing you rented out? If so could you explain the process of them transferring you from hospital to where you are staying? How are you getting around those first weeks where you can't walk very far on your own?

Thanks

Cpl2012

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2020, 01:58:41 PM »

Hi Cpl2012,

Congrats on going through with this procedure. I have some questions for you. How long do you plan on staying in Korea? Is the place you are staying at part of Donghoon Lee's facilities or is it like some airbnb thing you rented out? If so could you explain the process of them transferring you from hospital to where you are staying? How are you getting around those first weeks where you can't walk very far on your own?

Thanks
I might stay more than 4 months. The apartment is not associated with the hospital. The owner has just been working with the hospital. The staffs ( Hailey and Mathew) were really nice l. They helped me to carry my luggages. The place is just 5 minutes from hospital. I hire a caretaker.my caretaker just wheelchair me back and for from my place to the hospital. If you stay in the hospital, it will be much more convenient. For me, cause of some personal reasons , I can’t stay in the hospital. If you stay outside, you have to pay for every dr visits( every 2 weeks) and medication after being discharged from the hospital.

brondo

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2020, 02:33:24 PM »

I might stay more than 4 months. The apartment is not associated with the hospital. The owner has just been working with the hospital. The staffs ( Hailey and Mathew) were really nice l. They helped me to carry my luggages. The place is just 5 minutes from hospital. I hire a caretaker.my caretaker just wheelchair me back and for from my place to the hospital. If you stay in the hospital, it will be much more convenient. For me, cause of some personal reasons , I can’t stay in the hospital. If you stay outside, you have to pay for every dr visits( every 2 weeks) and medication after being discharged from the hospital.

Thanks for replying Cpl2012. Hope everything turns out well with your surgery!

Cpl2012

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 11:21:47 PM »

Thanks for replying Cpl2012. Hope everything turns out well with your surgery!

Hagane

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 04:04:42 AM »

hey bud any updates?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Cpl2012

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »

hey bud any updates?
hey nothing new so far. Took my first xray after 2 weeks of lengthening. It is just 0.6cm. Dr said it will get faster and faster. So far the pain is on and off but manageable.

Hagane

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2020, 04:19:09 PM »

what is your current rate of distraction?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Cpl2012

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2020, 03:18:51 AM »

what is your current rate of distraction?
around 2 cm per month. At the end of the lengthening will be faster around 3 cm a month.

more

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2020, 11:42:18 AM »

around 2 cm per month. At the end of the lengthening will be faster around 3 cm a month.
don't do that , nerve pain  can occur and chances of non-union , better slow down lengthening rate in the end phase

Cpl2012

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2020, 11:41:51 AM »

don't do that , nerve pain  can occur and chances of non-union , better slow down lengthening rate in the end phase
thanks for your advice. 3 cm a month which mean 1mm a day. I don’t know exactly what speed i gonna do until then. It depends on what dr Lee’s recommendation. I am just saying based
On other patients’ experience.

more

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »

thanks for your advice. 3 cm a month which mean 1mm a day. I don’t know exactly what speed i gonna do until then. It depends on what dr Lee’s recommendation. I am just saying based
On other patients’ experience.
A few things you need to know
First just after surgery your dr. will come to see your dorsi flexion ( next day ) to check nerve damage .
most of the drs in the world allow lengthening 5 to 10 days after surgery and then x-ray 9 to 10 days after lengthening to see is lengthening happening or not if lengthening happening then they will see your callus if callus is good your dr would suggest you to do fast lengthening because there is a fear premature consolidation if callus is normal , he will advise 1 mm per day.
3 to 4 week another x-ray time , if all fine like callus is average and you don't have any numbness ,he will say keep doing 1 mm per day, if you have numbness, he advise you slow down lengthening rate and will prescribed you pregabantin or other nerve pain medicine,,
then 3 to 4 week another x-ray time , at this time you should be around 6 cms , this is the most serious time , you may have numbness , low callus , stiff muscles ,so many things , and for good results better to do 1 mm per day or even .75 or less per day ,if callus is good and you don't have nerve pain , you can keep doing 1 mm per day ,

Cpl2012

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2020, 12:09:50 AM »

A few things you need to know
First just after surgery your dr. will come to see your dorsi flexion ( next day ) to check nerve damage .
most of the drs in the world allow lengthening 5 to 10 days after surgery and then x-ray 9 to 10 days after lengthening to see is lengthening happening or not if lengthening happening then they will see your callus if callus is good your dr would suggest you to do fast lengthening because there is a fear premature consolidation if callus is normal , he will advise 1 mm per day.
3 to 4 week another x-ray time , if all fine like callus is average and you don't have any numbness ,he will say keep doing 1 mm per day, if you have numbness, he advise you slow down lengthening rate and will prescribed you pregabantin or other nerve pain medicine,,
then 3 to 4 week another x-ray time , at this time you should be around 6 cms , this is the most serious time , you may have numbness , low callus , stiff muscles ,so many things , and for good results better to do 1 mm per day or even .75 or less per day ,if callus is good and you don't have nerve pain , you can keep doing 1 mm per day ,
Yes, i got my xray taken every 2 weeks so dr Lee can supervise my lengthening process. If anything happens during that 2 week period, i can always inform him through his staff.

more

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2020, 08:07:42 AM »

Can you upload Your xray?

Cpl2012

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 03:02:21 PM »

This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

more

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »

sorry no xray but here is picture of mine at the rehab center
[![EF92299E-105C-4DB1-B46C-7660FBED81AA.jpeg](https://s8d4.turboimg.net/sp/e1d52d378ef06028899e27fa84b9b886/EF92299E-105C-4DB1-B46C-7660FBED81AA.jpeg)](https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/60378135/EF92299E-105C-4DB1-B46C-7660FBED81AA.jpeg.html)

Your left leg does not look straight. bone  misalignment possibilities

Cpl2012

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »

Hamstring stretch gang lmfao
yeah we have fun while stretching. I laughed when I first saw gang on wheelchair lol.

Cpl2012

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2020, 12:02:47 PM »

Your left leg does not look straight. bone  misalignment possibilities
Thanks for your concern. I showed the picture to my physical therapist and he said my legs are fine, i just need to strech my left knee more. Dr did not say anything about it so far

carpetendro

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2020, 04:05:25 PM »

Thanks for your concern. I showed the picture to my physical therapist and he said my legs are fine, i just need to strech my left knee more. Dr did not say anything about it so far

Yeah the left leg looks more curved than the right. Maybe you had a pre-existing deformity before the surgery. By the way, how much did you have to pay for the first 2 week check up?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »

yeah we have fun while stretching. I laughed when I first saw gang on wheelchair lol.

☺️☺️😁😁 glad y'all have sum fun even when doing exercisess
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Jokerhastowait2022

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2020, 07:16:28 PM »

Hey there buddy!

Dr.lee is absolutely a great choice. He know his craft. I'm sure you'll turn out all right and move on with you life. Keep those lengthening going!
A question if you don't mind answering: How much did you pay for the operation it self?

Have a good day/night

Gman23

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2020, 10:56:25 PM »

Dr Lee sounds like a decent Dr. Could you possibly send me the link of his new price lists for the sugery thank you. Also how much have you lengthened so far? Stay strong !!!
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Cpl2012

« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2020, 02:25:14 PM »

Hey there buddy!

Dr.lee is absolutely a great choice. He know his craft. I'm sure you'll turn out all right and move on with you life. Keep those lengthening going!
A question if you don't mind answering: How much did you pay for the operation it self?

Have a good day/night
Yeah i am glad i choose him. A lot of local trust him. As i know he is not the only dr perform this surgery in korea, but korean patients told me they choose him over other dr in korea because of his good reputation. I haven’t met any patient who have any complication. I paid 43.5 million krw for the surgery alone.

Cpl2012

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »

Dr Lee sounds like a decent Dr. Could you possibly send me the link of his new price lists for the sugery thank you. Also how much have you lengthened so far? Stay strong !!!
hey bro sorry i don’t have the new price list. But as i know, price still the same, and stryde is 10 mil krw more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up