Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stryde Femur Procedure with Dr. Debiparshad  (Read 4073 times)

Amanexp

Re: Stryde Femur Procedure with Dr. Debiparshad
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2020, 04:03:24 PM »

I took about 10 unaided baby steps, felt so good to actually walk again lol.

Today is my 10th day and I will be 7mm taller by the end of today. Time is passing by.

My legs start to get really tight and pain shoots up to about a 7 when I do the distraction.

When did you guys start sitting on the regular toilet seat instead of the commode?

Also did you guys go to crutches then cane, Or walker straight to cane, Or walker until you could walk unaided?

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »

I used the commode during the distraction phase. I did not have a handicapped room and used it mostly for safety purposes. I transitioned from a walker to a cane.

Amanexp

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2020, 12:49:32 AM »

Ready - that’s good to know thanks for the reply.

Today was a little painful while distracting, my left leg was a little painful on my knees and femur area. I can’t wait till this is all over

Amanexp

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2020, 09:34:10 PM »

What’s up guys!

Day 16 and still going hard!
Last week I was having a lot of pain on my left knee to the point I couldn’t move it, I realized these narcotics weren’t working on me, and I remember while I was in the hospital the only pain med that worked for me was Toradol. So I told Ronnie and Dr. D and Dr said he had to do an X-ray to see my bone growth before he could prescribe toradol, so we did xrays and everything was great so he ended up prescribing Ketorolac (Toradol) and my pain went from a 9 down to a 2. I was on oxy hydrocodone norco morphine and nothing works other then Toradol. I can walk unaided if I wanted to but with a wobble but I stick with my walker.

I feel great I don’t use my commode anymore I use the regular toilet, I’m only up 13mm and people already see a difference, I just say really? And ignore it lol I’m back at work but I don’t do much other then answer phones, and I have an excuse that works for my walker.

Does anyone recommend any good stretches because I’m not stopping until I hit 8”
PT has me doing the same thing over and over and I’m trying to see if there’s anything else I could do at home.

Hagane

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2020, 09:55:30 PM »

Does anyone recommend any good stretches because I’m not stopping until I hit 8”
PT has me doing the same thing over and over and I’m trying to see if there’s anything else I could do at home.

whats your current routine?
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Amanexp

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2020, 10:26:33 PM »

First they have me get on the cycle for 10 minutes then
I do leg glides 2 sets of 10 on each leg
Then 2 sets of 10 on each side leg kicks
Then 2 sets of 10 of each leg straight up and then back down
Then 2 sets of 10 where you have your knees bent then a band holding your knees together and you open them apart
And 2 sets of 10 you put a ball in between your knees and your close them.

Now from reading the forum I added thomas stretches and rope hamstring pulls

Hagane

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2020, 10:32:50 PM »

First they have me get on the cycle for 10 minutes then
I do leg glides 2 sets of 10 on each leg
Then 2 sets of 10 on each side leg kicks
Then 2 sets of 10 of each leg straight up and then back down
Then 2 sets of 10 where you have your knees bent then a band holding your knees together and you open them apart
And 2 sets of 10 you put a ball in between your knees and your close them.

Now from reading the forum I added thomas stretches and rope hamstring pulls

thats a pretty solid routine
how many times a day do you do it? have you considered increasing the sets first?
maybe oncethe pain is more manageable, you could try hot yoga? or sauna? (ive been listening to a lot of rogan) but sauna seems like it could be a good idea, get nice and warm and do your streches. plus you get cardiovascular benefits!
gained  55.55mm

Amanexp

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »

Yes I want to go to a sauna for 10-15 mins a day that would be very relaxing

brondo

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 12:05:07 AM »

That's great Amanexp! You're gonna through this just fine!

Amanexp

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 12:08:42 AM »

Thanks brondo

Body Builder

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 01:13:43 AM »

What’s up guys!

Day 16 and still going hard!
Last week I was having a lot of pain on my left knee to the point I couldn’t move it, I realized these narcotics weren’t working on me, and I remember while I was in the hospital the only pain med that worked for me was Toradol. So I told Ronnie and Dr. D and Dr said he had to do an X-ray to see my bone growth before he could prescribe toradol, so we did xrays and everything was great so he ended up prescribing Ketorolac (Toradol) and my pain went from a 9 down to a 2. I was on oxy hydrocodone norco morphine and nothing works other then Toradol. I can walk unaided if I wanted to but with a wobble but I stick with my walker.

I feel great I don’t use my commode anymore I use the regular toilet, I’m only up 13mm and people already see a difference, I just say really? And ignore it lol I’m back at work but I don’t do much other then answer phones, and I have an excuse that works for my walker.

If you are in so much pain at not even 2 cms, I really wonder how you'll make it till 8cm.
Listen to your body and don't push it very hard if your body tells you to stop. It is much better to lose 1-2 cm from your target and be completely functional than a cripple with your target succeeded.

That said, it is very soon to know what will come in the next cms in terms of pain, stiffness etc. You'll see.
However, I wonder if it is normal to be in so much pain (9/10) without painkillers. Doctors say you can walk normally with Stryde, how is that possible with unbearable pain?
I wonder if other LLers have so much pain with Stryde.

Keep strong dude.

Amanexp

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 01:53:37 AM »

Body Builder - I had a lot of knee pain last week since the meds weren’t working on me, but with toradol my pain is down to a 2 sometimes 0. I’m able to walk unaided if I wanted to but because of the wobble I use the walker. I go to work normal with a walker and stretch perfectly fine now. I believe the pain I had last week was due to my body not cooperating with the meds.

As of now my pain is 0 sometimes it goes up to 2 if I stretch and walk a lot

Hagane

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 02:32:14 AM »

If you are in so much pain at not even 2 cms, I really wonder how you'll make it till 8cm.
Listen to your body and don't push it very hard if your body tells you to stop. It is much better to lose 1-2 cm from your target and be completely functional than a cripple with your target succeeded.

That said, it is very soon to know what will come in the next cms in terms of pain, stiffness etc. You'll see.
However, I wonder if it is normal to be in so much pain (9/10) without painkillers. Doctors say you can walk normally with Stryde, how is that possible with unbearable pain?
I wonder if other LLers have so much pain with Stryde.

Keep strong dude.
the user strydenailchallenge is also really struggling with pain
gained  55.55mm

Amanexp

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 03:09:19 AM »

I don’t have any more pain, that was before taking Toradol. Now my pain is at a level 2 Or sometimes even 0

BelowTheMean

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2020, 01:02:00 AM »

Keep going, Amanexp! Glad to hear that have a working painkiller now. Hopefully, overall pain goes down soon.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Amanexp

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2020, 06:06:26 PM »

Belowthemean - thanks bro appreciate it!

brondo

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2020, 05:38:31 AM »

Hey Amanexp,

Just checking up on you. How's everything - any updates for us?

Amanexp

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2020, 04:15:48 AM »

Hello brondo I hope all is well. I’m doing great, stretching a much as I can. I go to work 6 days a week even though I don’t do much but I walk around and supervise.
I also have been driving for the past 2 weeks. I used crutches for one day and didn’t like them so I went and bought a cane, and I have been using the cane on and off the whole time. At home I walk without a cane and even at work sometimes I’m walking with out a cane.

My pain level consists at about a 3 which is not too bad. I’m getting a little tight but nothing out of the ordinary. I am very happy and thankful that I did this surgery. I have so far gained 1 inch as of today, so thank god so far so good.

Now for the bad (which has nothing to do with the surgery or Dr.D) my left leg from before the surgery was shorter then my right leg, which I will be fixing that during lengthening I will give up .5 inch to my left leg only and will be stopping with my right leg when time comes since that’s the difference between left and right leg. Not only does it suck to lose .5 inch but I can actually feel the difference now, I limp because of the .5 inch difference and I feel the pain a little more but it’s ok, it will get fixed.

But so far so good! I’m blessed and thankful that I have a supportive family and I’m blessed to be able to afford this surgery and I’m very thankful for it.

brondo

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2020, 05:50:13 AM »

Hello brondo I hope all is well. I’m doing great, stretching a much as I can. I go to work 6 days a week even though I don’t do much but I walk around and supervise.
I also have been driving for the past 2 weeks. I used crutches for one day and didn’t like them so I went and bought a cane, and I have been using the cane on and off the whole time. At home I walk without a cane and even at work sometimes I’m walking with out a cane.

My pain level consists at about a 3 which is not too bad. I’m getting a little tight but nothing out of the ordinary. I am very happy and thankful that I did this surgery. I have so far gained 1 inch as of today, so thank god so far so good.

Now for the bad (which has nothing to do with the surgery or Dr.D) my left leg from before the surgery was shorter then my right leg, which I will be fixing that during lengthening I will give up .5 inch to my left leg only and will be stopping with my right leg when time comes since that’s the difference between left and right leg. Not only does it suck to lose .5 inch but I can actually feel the difference now, I limp because of the .5 inch difference and I feel the pain a little more but it’s ok, it will get fixed.

But so far so good! I’m blessed and thankful that I have a supportive family and I’m blessed to be able to afford this surgery and I’m very thankful for it.

That's great Amanexp! I was wondering if you were back home in Los Angeles. A few questions if you don't mind: Did you have caretakers in Vegas? Did you spend 2-3 weeks in Las Vegas and then go home? How was it walking through the airport? Are you currently seeing a physical therapist? Also, how is your gait looking? Does anyone at work seem to notice you walking a bit weird? How do you feel going back to work? Are you on painkillers during the day, does it affect your energy levels? Did you find out your left leg was shorter than the right before surgery or just now? That does suck about the .5 inch thing for the pain, but you will have great proportions when everything is all and done. Can't wait to see your future updates!

-brondo

Amanexp

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2020, 06:49:45 PM »

Hey Brondo -

Yes I’m back home.
No I didn’t hire any caretakers since I had someone with me.
I was in Vegas for 2 weeks and went back. I had the person with me drive back home so I don’t know about the airport question. Yes I am using a PT and doing stretches at home.
My hair is fine it’s the .5 inch difference that has me limping a little. I made a story up about how I  hurt my self to everyone. I take toradal once in the morning, once in the evening and if my pain is bothering me I’ll take a morphine 10mg. It does affect my energy a little, I feel a little lazy sometimes. Yes I found out my left leg was .5 shorter before the surgery. I’ve actually knows my leg was a little shorter for a long time now but never knew by how much.

I feel Dr. D did a phenomenal job and Ronnie and Teresa are amazing and always there for any questions I have. I just sent in xrays and Dr. D said everything looks great and for me to keep doing what I’m doing.

brondo

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 10:48:34 PM »

Hey Brondo -

Yes I’m back home.
I was in Vegas for 2 weeks and went back. I had the person with me drive back home so I don’t know about the airport question. Yes I am using a PT and doing stretches at home.
My hair is fine it’s the .5 inch difference that has me limping a little. I made a story up about how I  hurt my self to everyone. I take toradal once in the morning, once in the evening and if my pain is bothering me I’ll take a morphine 10mg. It does affect my energy a little, I feel a little lazy sometimes. Yes I found out my left leg was .5 shorter before the surgery. I’ve actually knows my leg was a little shorter for a long time now but never knew by how much.

I feel Dr. D did a phenomenal job and Ronnie and Teresa are amazing and always there for any questions I have. I just sent in xrays and Dr. D said everything looks great and for me to keep doing what I’m doing.

Thank you!

BelowTheMean

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2020, 04:57:06 AM »

Hey Brondo -

Yes I’m back home.

Sounds great so far. You're actually going to work right now? I hope it's a desk job in an office!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Amanexp

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2020, 12:31:45 AM »

Brondo - you’re welcome

Belowthemean- yes it is I’m pretty much just supervising

Amanexp

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »

What’s up guys!
Today I hit 33mm! I’m getting more excited by the day, my pain during the day ranges probably from a 0-3. Most of the time I walk unaided and I use a cane sometimes just for balance.
Everything has been pretty normal, I still walk like a penguin a little but I’m trying to work on that.

Question to my past LLer’s to see if they’ve experienced this
For the past few days my left shin has been numb and tingly which doesn’t bother me, I think it may be normal, but what’s bothering me is at night I will wake up with a pretty sharp pain on my right knee, I’m talking about 7-8 pain and it will last for about a minute or two. Yesterday it was so painful I had to take a pain med.

Has anyone experienced that?

Movie

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2020, 10:36:12 PM »

I recall experiencing similar pains and numbness in the shins around the same length distracted or a bit more. it all goes away once you stop distraction eventually. Keep it up bro you're doing good.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Amanexp

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2020, 10:55:52 PM »

Thanks bro I appreciate the response!

DreamerLL

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2020, 04:46:52 AM »

I recall experiencing similar pains and numbness in the shins around the same length distracted or a bit more. it all goes away once you stop distraction eventually. Keep it up bro you're doing good.

Hi Movie , Did you slow down the lengthening or take Gabapentin when you experienced that ?

Movie

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2020, 05:40:44 AM »

I took 48 hours off in total from my distractions, knee pain was the reason for those breaks. I didn't take Gabapentin, only took norcos at first and then Tylenols for the rest of my pains now.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up