Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hopefully a Helpful Note On Proportions: Detailed  (Read 2517 times)

SkyHigh77

• Visitor
Hopefully a Helpful Note On Proportions: Detailed
« on: September 10, 2020, 11:39:24 PM »

I noticed that most people on here have an unhealthy addictive obsession with height and proportions. I get it, no one wants to look abnormal especially after they got a procedure or two done to help them feel more 'normal' but here's the real secret about humanity. NO ONE is NORMAL. Everyone has different body shapes, proportions, and functions. ABNORMAL is the new Normal.

I've talked to a LL doctor, a stylist, a tailor, a photographer and read some of the other LL accounts, here's what was said. The LL Doctor wishes that prospective LL patients would leave the determination of the proportions between the doctor and them not asking other hopeful's and/or patients who had it done for advice for the following reasons: 1. Prospective patients suffer from height dysphoria. They are overtly aware meaning they obsessively look at other's bodies(most are not consciously aware of this) and notice things that 9.5/10 people cant or usually won't because they don't have body dysphoria.
2. They are so determined to get the 'Ken doll method'(look proportional as possible) that they forget the original ken doll was designed with longer legs and shorter torso because longer legs are considered ideal in society. 

3. 9/10 of his clients obsessed about proportions before surgery and that during and after they realized "oh my arms and torso don't look as short as I thought it would." You can make mockups all you like but the best way is to look during LL and when going through each stage (inch per inch) and adjust then. the 1/10 that have an issue usually lengthen their arms and their dysphoria goes away.

The Tailor and stylist say most men on the taller side have a shorter torso and longer legs. It's actually very common. and most men 5'8 and under have a longer torso and shorter leg.
I would like to point out that there are 5'10 men and taller with a long torso and shorter legs/arms. Matthew McConaughey, Michael Phelps, Henry Cavill.
The tailor/stylist insists that clothes grant a lot of illusion as well as have muscular someone is.

4. The best news is that most people do not have a trained eye. They will notice huge asymmetry but not minor ones. Most are not accurate within their bodies. 2 to 5% accurately have eye perception that notices unfamiliar patterns. 

The good news: 1. Most of these so-called proportions issues are in your head-not as severe as you think they will be. They will not stop you from getting a job, going on dates, getting a partner, and functioning in society. and YOU will be TALLER. It is better to be taller with a shorter torso than short everything.
2. Most of you will never be famous. That's great news. You won't have the eyes of the world upon you critiquing your body.  You won't be an actor, Olympic athlete, or model. Those are the top 3 jobs where if your proportions are bizarre they will be noticeable. Although I heard of some people in the spotlight getting LL, They keep it in proportions with the right doctor, clothes, muscles...etc
so you obsessing over something that is non-existent at this point creates more dysphoria and irrationality.  Relax most things are fixable and again everyone has a different body type

If someone noticing your proportions is that severe to you, then come up with a good excuse. for torso: I know people with scoliosis whose sitting height is much shorter than it should be so they say that when people notice( again most don't). Most have bad posture so they say that or they come up with a blanket statement "oh I suffer from this X or its hereditary LOL I know" and that's the end of it.
for arms: I would wait until you have full discussions with the doctor. Some do Arm Lengthening most do not.  Some people born with shorter arm span some longer. research MMA fighters for comfort.
upper body portions: most people have different proportions. You could have 3 people who are all 5'10. one could have longer torso/shorter legs/long neck, one could have a short torso/longer legs/ small neck, Shorter torso/long legs/small head.

Example You have to google these yourself: Michael B Jordan (yes he says hes 6 feet but he's 5'10 without elevator shoes)- He has a small head but the long neck
 P Diddy- medium head and short neck
Timothee Chalmet( Yes it also says hes above 6 geet but he admitted to being 5'10 without the help of shoes),
 Actor Tony Amendola- short neck/ medium head/shorter torso
Actor Don S Davis-small head/short neck/ shorter arms/ large belly/medium
 and Matthew Mccongahey( also states above six feet but experts and sources say 5'10 without shoes) -proportion head and neck but long torso/shorter arms
Daniel Craig- I would say he would be the most proportion 5'10 out of all of the following mentioned above.
Jon Favreau is the tallest at 6' but you wouldn't think that compared to Chalamet and B. Jordan. You can compare him to other 6 foot celebs and notice he basically has no neck (and not because he's heavy set. he kind of always had a short neck) but a massive head as well as Jonathan Rhys Davis. Same No neck large head situation.

overall to end:
1. don't worry about proportions until the doctor appointment. Bring your mockups and ask them to make their own mockups. You are paying a lot of money, most doctors are happy for the business so they should have no problem doing that. You worry about it now without PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE your setting yourself up for unrealistic and encouraging dysphoria.
Again, I encourage you to go through other celebs with the same height and realize that most people have some type of abnormal proportion going on.
2. Maybe talk to tailors/stylists about what tricks to use when wearing clothing to look the most optimal. Google online, message people. This is a lot more common than you think.
3. Remember that men lie about height and penis size while women lie most about weight and breast size. When you get LL you realize most who are supposedly 6 feet are under that without special shoes. Celebrities wear elevator shoes. RDJ is the only one who openly admits it but they all do. Mel gibson and Sly Stallone are both 5'8 according to their former costars/directors and lovers. Both wear heightened shoes. Your not alone in Height Dysphoria.
also a side note- RDJ (who is really 5'7 without shoes), Tom Holland, Ian Mcshane, James Mcavoy, The Weeknd (the smallest at 5'6.5) and Ed Sheeran are all relatively the same size. different body types and proportions

Another side note: I knew a few people who are 6 feet and above but when sitting have the sitting height of much lower. They do not have scolosis or any condition, they just have a shorter torso. My mate is 6'3 but when he sits he's the same height as his girlfriend whose around 5'7. He uses it as a party trick. He gathers everyone around and takes bets( makes a bit of money that way) and finds someone 5'7ish and sits right next to him. Same height but stands up and towers. There are two things we could learn from this: 1. It's normal to be abnormal 2. Use whatever condition you have in a funny entertaining way
I know another guy whose 6'6 and has the same issues and small hands/feet. When people comment his makes up an excuse that doesn't keep them searching for answers and he moves forward. he makes up for it with grip strength and mobility. There's no medical reason he has those issues that he's aware of, He's the tallest in his family but has the smallest features. It is what it is.

ULTIMATELY all of this is about a tradeoff. Do you want to be 5'10/5'11 with a shorter torso and slightly longer arms(assuming you lengthened those) or back to 5'6/5'7 or whatever with a proportioned body?  If the answer is i would do whatever to be taller than do that. Find preset excuses when people peer to closely but also realized that is a rare exception, not the norm and that you are probably over obsessing forgetting about that people rarely fit the golden ratio and you are not in the spotlight shirtless all the time where this is massively important. Your prospective partner won't find it an issue if you dont find it an issue. People love confidence, so be confident. and if someone says "sorry I only date guys with X amount of torso length" then run for the hills because they are probably disturbed.

ENJOY your new Height and your New LIFE.  If reading this forums makes you feel worse than better, you shouldn't be on it because that is what mostly you will see. Making you more miserable
Hope this helps relax people.

deletedaccount

Re: Hopefully a Helpful Note On Proportions: Detailed
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 11:46:46 PM »

Not with my inseam  :(

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 11:48:07 PM »

Not with my inseam  :(

U literally just missed the whole point
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

deletedaccount

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 11:49:47 PM »

Just kidding I read the whole post

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 12:11:46 AM »

Just kidding I read the whole post

Woo... Thank god i was about to break down and contemplate exiting the earth 🌎 😁

😟🌚🌕 moon is me
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

SkyHigh77

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 12:24:12 AM »

I would like to note that I do have congenital issues so even IF people notice weirdness in my body I could say "I suffer from this, this and this" and that's a privilege in an odd/weird unexpected way to have. I plan on fixing those discrepancies plus adding height but it will still leave me with a shorter torso (its a medical issue) + my scoliosis makes me a bit insecure about it.
 I know some who have scoliosis and really hate their sitting height that they fix it by other means. Assuming you have the best posture before starting the following:
1. Build your glutes up in the gym as much as possible then if that's not enough they'll  ...2.  get butt implants or fat transfer to add anywhere between an inch to 3 inches in sitting height (which I'm considering) you'll have to bulk-ify the rest of your body for proportion but maybe the best tradeoff
3. They use a pillow at parties or events or gatherings. Its the cheapest best options for times you feel the most insecure. you won't feel like this all the time so this may be the best option

Again most have terrible posture so they are assuming you have the same. I lean against everything unnaturally lol but I am realizing most like to sink into their chairs/couches and do the same leaning as well. So don't feel insecure about SH or Torso but have medical or postural issues when sitting

SkyHigh77

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 12:36:58 AM »

I forgot to add that asking people advice on proportions instead of a doctor through the computer is like asking telephone physic what stocks should you pick in the future. They may have read diaries but they can't possibly 100% know whats the safest or most proportioned for you. Sorry

Hagane

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 02:39:49 AM »

skyhigh this was really well written!
i hope many people on this forum read this and find some peace before they go through with their procedure
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

a

• 5'9
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 06:01:39 AM »

I just want to say something about proportions.

Neck length, shoulder width, feet size, hand size, skull size, sitting height
They all can be naturally ABNORMAL. And outside, I see at least 4 5 people EVERY DAY.

But arm length is almost NOT POSSIBLE to occur in a way which you have short arms for your height. It RARELY occurs.
So my point is, If your arms are long, you can shoot for a big height without giving a fk about sh, skull size, bla bla.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

deletedaccount

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 07:00:18 AM »

Redacted
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:17:51 AM by Scarface »

a

• 5'9
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 07:31:53 AM »

What is wrong with your inseam? Also girls tend to have a more sh than boys due to their ass-fat. And she was probably overweight lol.

deletedaccount

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 08:03:59 AM »

My BDD meltdown has calmed down after an hour like it typically does
She was like average weight.
Inseam too long to lengthen too much, my legs measure 95.5 cm.

deletedaccount

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »

It would be interesting to meet volunteers with 0.48 or lower sitting height ratio in person and observe their proportions and see if it looked all that bad

a

• 5'9
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »

I dont think thats your "true" inseam lol. 95.5 cm is probably your pant inseam. Ofc that's long, we all have longer inseams (pant) than the true inseam. You better measure your true inseam and tell me. Mine is like 82 cm. It's very good for lengthening, thank god.

deletedaccount

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »

I got 82 cm as well, height say 168 cm

a

• 5'9
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 08:47:58 AM »

Height-inseam= sitting height. Your SH is probably 87-86-85. Correct measurement.

You can shoot for 178cm with no problem leg/height wise. Just a bit longer legs.
82+10= 92
92รท178 = 0.516 LBR ratio

You'll be beetween +1 and +2 standart deviation.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 08:49:29 AM »

If you shoot for 180cm, you'll have a 0.5222 LBR, beetween +2 and +3 standart deviation. I think 178cm would be better.

You can find the deviation + model chart on google, just type
" The influence of ABR, LBR ratio" to google and click one of the articles.

Body Builder

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 10:55:05 AM »

By lengthening 7-8 cm your femurs or tibias the ratio between them is drastically changed and of course the vast majority will have disproportionate legs, not only between the torso (not much for many people) but between the upper and the down half of the leg.
All these post have no meaning, if someone thinks that after a big LL will have normal proportions, he is delusional.
Maybe if you do 2 LLs of 3cm each your proportions will remain very good but noone does that a so minimal length, after all it is stupid to break a bone and give thousand of euros for 2-3cm.

That said, being tall(er) is much more important than normal proportions.
Noone ever told me or looked me weird for my very tall tibias (after 7,5cm added) and the worse think aesthetically is not the length of my feet but how long it is my tibia compared to femurs.
Another 6cm on femurs would have make my feet look much more aesthetical, although too long for my torso. Having some muscles on torso and wide back make it feel bigger so some long feet won't look weird.

Don't care that much about proportions. Height matters 100 times more.

deletedaccount

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »

I found this gem. I can now die in peace. https://imgur.com/a/96zi10l

a

• 5'9
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »

Yer, if you do one CLL you'll fk your bio mechanics. But if you do 2 CLL's ans everything goes well, you'll pretty much have proportioned legs lol. 5 cm tibs, 7 cm femurs looks like the best choice for the maximum gain. Not a mm more.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »

My only thought on this right now is that given how hard it is to measure your tibia vs femur ratio without taking an x-ray, that proportions are going to vary quite a bit from person-to-person. How much muscle and fat are on your legs, where the muscle insertion points are, the size of your feet and your natural stance will all impact how an extended segment will look.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

SkyHigh77

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 10:40:46 PM »

True but your not going to find the answer to that on here which is my point. And there's nothing you can do until you sit with an EXPERT and go through it. anything beforehand is just creating a dysmorphia to something that's not even an issue at the current moment. There's a difference between concern and obsessively worrying about something that may not happen. Most don't even have the money. 95% of people on this forum will not get LL. Its hard to hear but its true. Don't spread the insecurity to others preventing them from being positive.
and Again, Most have abnormal body shape. So whatever size you become you have to realize your not making yourself until the perfect human. You cant increase SH, foot size..etc so just be happier that you're taller.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2020, 05:16:48 AM »

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying it's a lot more complicated than just the femur to tibia ratio. I don't read this sub-forum very often anymore as I tend to think the people who obsess over proportions are also the least likely to actually get LL.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

ItsMeShorty

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2022, 07:18:49 AM »

There's no way this is true right? I was kinda worrying about how abnormally long my legs would be but after reading that, I feel like we'd practically be the same cuz I have a 28-29 inch torso too and if I were to get LL of 5 inches...it'd put me at his proportions too, just with a 1-2 inch shorter torso lmao.
Pages: [1]   Go Up