Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Actors who used drugs as kids and ended up short  (Read 1456 times)

Actors who used drugs as kids and ended up short
« on: September 17, 2020, 01:40:56 PM »

5'8" Robert Downey Jr. (with a 6'3" father)

As a child, Downey was "surrounded by drugs." His father, a drug addict, allowed Downey to use marijuana at age six, an incident which his father later said he regretted.[16] Downey later stated that drug use became an emotional bond between him and his father: "When my dad and I would do drugs together, it was like him trying to express his love for me in the only way he knew how." Eventually, Downey began spending every night abusing alcohol and "making a thousand phone calls in pursuit of drugs."[17][18]

5'6" Al Pacino

Pacino began smoking and drinking at age nine, and used marijuana casually at age 13, but he abstained from hard drugs.[8] His two closest friends died from drug abuse at the ages of 19 and 30.[9] Growing up in the Bronx, Pacino got into occasional fights and was considered somewhat of a troublemaker at school.[10] He acted in basement plays in New York's theatrical underground but was rejected as a teenager by the Actors Studio.[4] Pacino joined the HB Studio, where he met acting teacher Charlie Laughton,[a] who became his mentor and best friend.[4] In this period, he was often unemployed and homeless, and sometimes slept on the street, in theaters, or at friends' houses.[2][11]

5'8" Mark Wahlberg

By age 13, Wahlberg had developed an addiction to cocaine and other substances.[10][11] While living in Boston in the 1980s Wahlberg was twice charged for race-related hate crimes, serving time in jail for one of the attacks.

Body Builder

Re: Actors who used drugs as kids and ended up short
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »

First of all, none of them are really short.
5.6 is short nowadays but not before 50 years when Al Pacino was young when it was about average.

Also, 5.8 is not short too. Becoming 5.8 from a 6.3 father doesn't mean you stunted your growth because , I know 6+ ft men from fathers less than 5.7. so what they did, they cheated their growth.

All these mean nothing. Many men do drugs, smoke etc at a very young age and end up tall or very tall.
Genes play the 99% role for your height. Unless you are in a country devastated from famine, or do heavy drugs before your puberty, then everything else play a so minor role that are not even worth mentioning. 1-2 cm max are not important.

Tartar

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 06:19:13 PM »

Guys just need to accept that height is made by genetics for the most. Don't feel guilty.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:23:47 PM »

Bruce Wayne consider that okay you fked your growth up why are you so obsessed with this crap? You can't go back intot he time and sleep all the day n crap bro just drop it.

You didn't do anything. Your genetics are bad.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Iron_Man

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 09:33:02 PM »

To be honest, I think the same way you can find tall actors who used drugs and alcohol in childhood.
For example, two of my classmates have been smoking and drinking alcohol since about 12 years old and they are now about 6'1.
Life is a lottery, some are lucky, others are not

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 09:35:36 PM »

Snoop Dogg started smoking weed when he was 8 or 9. Wiz Khalifa started at a very young age too. As already mentioned, it’s (almost) all about genetics.

Hagane

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 09:44:43 PM »

the weed probably gave him the biggest appetite XD
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 09:57:59 PM »

the weed probably gave him the biggest appetite XD

Haha, they’re both super skinny, though. :D

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 09:21:08 AM »

First of all, none of them are really short.
5.6 is short nowadays but not before 50 years when Al Pacino was young when it was about average.

No, 5'6" was short back then. He's visibly shorter in the older films.

Also, 5.8 is not short too.

It's not short for a man worldwide. But statistically speaking, about 2.5" shorter than average white male. Possibly even worse compared to younger generations.

What I see most people fail to understand is that they often compare their height to the average height of men where they live specifically which is meaningless. Whereas I believe it's a lot more important to compare your height to other men of your race because people will still see you as a whole package. A 5'8" South East Asian guy in the US would be seen as a good height man whereas a 5'8" white guy would be seen as pretty short. And people have higher expectations for black guys in terms of height, because strereotypical black guys are tall and big, thanks to NBA and Heavyweight Boxing. So a 5'8" black guy might have it even harder than a 5'8" white guy.

Even then that doesn't help that much either, always better if you are tall regardless of race of course.

Becoming 5.8 from a 6.3 father doesn't mean you stunted your growth because ,

It doesn't mean, but it might. I didn't even say they stunted their growth.

I know 6+ ft men from fathers less than 5.7. so what they did, they cheated their growth.

Same here, I also know lots of 6' men from fathers less than 5'7", I have yet to see a 5'7" man from a 6' father.

All these mean nothing. Many men do drugs, smoke etc at a very young age and end up tall or very tall.

Maybe means nothing. But at least it's relieving to know that some other people also make mistakes in the past one way or another.

1-2 cm max are not important.

It's still important, but not so regrettable. But it's just an arbitrary number from you. In reality, could be a lot more. We might have undiagnosed HGH deficiency.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:19:04 AM by Bruce Wayne »

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 10:04:30 AM »

What I see most people fail to understand is that they often compare their height to the average height of men where they live specifically which is meaningless.

If you live in Germany and you compare your height to the average 'international', say, 178cm, while the majority of your peers are 180cm+, what's the point?

So a 5'8" white guy would have it even harder than a 5'8" white guy.

black?
Looking for an alternative.

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 10:07:21 AM »

No, 5'6" was short back then. He's visibly shorter in the older films.

It's not short for a man worldwide. But statistically speaking, about 2.5" shorter than average white male. Possibly even worse compared to younger generations.

What I see most people fail to understand is that they often compare their height to the average height of men where they live specifically which is meaningless. Whereas I believe it's a lot more important to compare your height to other men of your race because people will still see you as a whole package. A 5'8" South East Asian guy in the US would be seen as a good height man whereas a 5'8" white guy would be seen as pretty short. And people have higher expectations for black guys in terms of height, because strereotypical black guys are tall and big, thanks to NBA and Heavyweight Boxing. So a 5'8" white guy would have it even harder than a 5'8" white guy.

Even then that doesn't help that much either, always better if you are tall regardless of race of course.

It doesn't mean, but it might. I didn't even say they stunted their growth.

Same here, I also know lots of 6' men from fathers less than 5'7", I have yet to see a 5'7" man from a 6' father.

Maybe means nothing. But at least it's relieving to know that some other people also make mistakes in the past one way or another.

It's still important, but not so regrettable. But it's just an arbitrary number from you. In reality, could be a lot more. We might have undiagnosed HGH deficiency.
Hgh deficiency is completely different from the things you mentioned (smoking etc).
And yes, if someone has it it could stunted a lit his height. That said, the vast majority of short men are simoly short due to genetics, without deficiencies and these. We are completely normal people who have (or had) less than average height. Thats why it called average, because some are taller and some are shorter than that, still completely normal.

And 5.6 for 60s was almost average. In Britain (I dont know exactly about usa but I guess it was almost the same) the average height back then was 5.7, so 5.6 back then was like 5.85 nowadays which is average.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 10:36:20 AM »

If you live in Germany and you compare your height to the average 'international', say, 178cm, while the majority of your peers are 180cm+, what's the point?

I've talked about this. You should think yourself as an independent individual instead of a part of a country.

black?

Right, I've corrected it.

Hgh deficiency is completely different from the things you mentioned (smoking etc).
And yes, if someone has it it could stunted a lit his height. That said, the vast majority of short men are simoly short due to genetics, without deficiencies and these. We are completely normal people who have (or had) less than average height. Thats why it called average, because some are taller and some are shorter than that, still completely normal.

Yeah the vast majority I'm sure. But what I'm saying is that a few of us could be that minority. Because it seems that even scientists and doctors are just as clueless about this. I've asked dozens of doctors, they all just say the basic stuffs, like nutrition, sleep, sports, etc etc. Literally none of them said those factors aren't necessary for height.

And 5.6 for 60s was almost average. In Britain (I dont know exactly about usa but I guess it was almost the same) the average height back then was 5.7, so 5.6 back then was like 5.85 nowadays which is average.

Are you from UK? I thought you're Scandinavian.

Aynway I don't know the average exactly, but from watching older films, the men look just as tall as nowadays.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 10:39:28 AM »

I've talked about this.

I know.

You should think yourself as an independent individual instead of a part of a country.

Why should I not take into consideration country's average height more seriously (the most, in fact)?
That's where I live.

Your country's average height shouldn't be your only comparison number/reference level, but
What I see most people fail to understand is that they often compare their height to the average height of men where they live specifically which is meaningless.
is not meaningless.

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »

I know.

Why should I?

It's not meaningless.

It's pretty meaningless. At 5'10" male is still seen as sexually worthy by women from pretty much anywhere in the world.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »

It's pretty meaningless. At 5'10" male is still seen as sxxually worthy by women from pretty much anywhere in the world.

I don't date 'international' women, whatever that's supposed to mean, if I live in Germany.
I have 5'6-5'7 women in front of me, and 6'1 opponents.

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 10:53:17 AM »

I don't date 'international' women, whatever that's supposed to mean, if I live in Germany.

No, you could be travelling to other places. And Germany is a touristic country with lots of immigrants. Other Europeans can just take TGV to go to Germany. Point is you'll still meet everybody in this country.

I have 5'6-5'7 women in front of me, and 6'1 opponents.

Look man, it's always better when you are 6'2". No denying it. At 5'6", I will personally have a lot bigger problems also with 5'7"-5'9" women in front of me, against 5'11'-6" opponents.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:12 AM »

No, you could be travelling to other places. And Germany is a touristic country with lots of immigrants. Other Europeans can just take TGV to go to Germany. Point is you'll still meet everybody in this country.

I'd be interested in the majority of the female population, which are 'tall' German women, not immigrants.
I'd be intimitaded by 6ft+ German male peers in the workplace, bars, events, etc, most of the times, not hanging around with 'shorter' English/Italian/whatever tourists.

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »

I'd be interested in the majority of the female population, which are 'tall' German women, not immigrants.
I'd be intimitaded by 6ft+ German male peers in the workplace, bars, events, etc, most of the times, not hanging around with 'shorter' English/Italian/whatever tourists.

And the vast majority of these 'tall' German women would still be shorter than 5'10".

I'd be interested in being 6'2", in a perfect world. But what's more important is to be in the safe zone.

Kal el

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »

Bruce wagne how tall are you.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2020, 11:26:43 AM »

And the vast majority of these 'tall' German women would still be shorter than 5'10".

So what? It would still feel short.

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 11:47:55 AM »

Bruce wagne how tall are you.

167cm.

So what? It would still feel short.

So be grateful for the fact you are taller than 95% of the female population in the world while a lot of people here struggle to even be taller than women.

Why don't you just move to India? I'm sure you'll shine more there.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 11:58:07 AM »

So be grateful for the fact you are taller than 95% of the female population

Hmm. If only I was 178cm.

while a lot of people here struggle to even be taller than women.
Where are you from? 167cm is above women average in most countries.

Why don't you just move to India? I'm sure you'll shine more there.

Because I don't want to. I want to become taller, I have a sh*t height for my country and age.
The original point was that comparing your height to your country's average specifically is not meaningless.

Body Builder

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »

I've talked about this. You should think yourself as an independent individual instead of a part of a country.

Right, I've corrected it.

Yeah the vast majority I'm sure. But what I'm saying is that a few of us could be that minority. Because it seems that even scientists and doctors are just as clueless about this. I've asked dozens of doctors, they all just say the basic stuffs, like nutrition, sleep, sports, etc etc. Literally none of them said those factors aren't necessary for height.

Are you from UK? I thought you're Scandinavian.

Aynway I don't know the average exactly, but from watching older films, the men look just as tall as nowadays.
I am not from Scandinavia nor UK. I am from the south europe.
And no, in the last 50 years there was a major increase in average men's height of 2 inches.
So 5.6 for a 70 years old man when he was young is about 5.8 for a man nowadays. Which is average to short but not that bad, especially out of scandinavia and dinaric alps.

And doctors say all these bs about sleep, nutrition etc to become healthy, not tall.
Height is genetic as all researches say and sleep, nutrition (unless we are talking for many extreme cases) will stunt it for 1 inch at max.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2020, 12:08:53 PM »

Hmm. If only I was 178cm.
Where are you from? 167cm is above women average in most countries.

Because I don't want to. I want to become taller, I have a sh*t height for my country and age.
The original point was that comparing your height to your country's average specifically is not meaningless.

I'd say we should use the average height of Nordic girls as a benchmark which is around 169cm/170cm.

Taller than me but shorter than 172cm.

I'm not saying that 172cm is a perfect height for a European.

And your original example is a 178cm German.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 12:16:51 PM »

And your original example is a 178cm German.

I thought you were reffering to me personally because you then asked why not move to India, but ok. Most Germans wouldn't want to move to India either.

Taller than me but shorter than 172cm.

I'm not saying that 172cm is a perfect height for a European.

Where that 172cm came from? You mean my height? It's a sh*t height where I live for my age.
And where are you from? Because I'm pretty sure that for your country, you're above female average.

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »

I thought you were reffering to me personally because you then asked why not move to India, but ok. Most Germans wouldn't want to move to India either.

Where that 172cm came from? You mean my height? It's a sh*t height where I live for my age.
And where are you from? Because I'm pretty sure that for your country, you're above female average.

Why wouldn't you move to India? If it means having no issues with height.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »

Why wouldn't you move to India? If it means having no issues with height.

Because I like it where I live. Where are you from? Why don't you move to India?

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »

Because I like it where I live. Where are you from?  Why don't you move to India?

Because I am not the one who said that a 160cm Indian guy in India has it good.

From what I see, you think that it's so important to be good height compared to average height of people in the country we live.

Average men in India is 5'5" or so. Women is under 5'3".

So I have an easy solution for you, buy a plane ticket to India. You'd be a king there. Why wouldn't you do it?

90% men will be shorter than you. 99% of women there will be shorter than you.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »

Because I am not the one who said that a 160cm Indian guy in India has it good.

Jeez.
I've never said that a 160cm Indian guy in India has it good. I've said that it's not as bad as a 170cm guy living in the Netherlands heightwise.

So I have an easy solution for you, buy a plane ticket to India. You'd be a king there. Why wouldn't you do it?

Because there are other things in life except from height. Your height is not your whole life. I have, family, friends, 'career' whatever you wanna call it, here; I don't want to go to even a poorer country than mine that I know nobody living there, with a different language, culture, people, environment, etc.

Still haven't answered where are you from, I guess you won't, you may identify yourself as 'international', which is fine, but don't except most people to think that way.

@ Bruce Wayne

Are you fking kidding? You haven’t been to countries such as the Netherlands or Denmark, have you?
+1

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »

Still haven't answered where are you from, I guess you won't, you may identify yourself as 'international', which is fine, but don't except most people to think that way.

If you and these most people really believe that moving to a country of lower average height can improve your quality life, then all those things you mentioned: family, friends, etc are nothing you can't overcome. Whereas it's not possible to be taller currently, except for with LL (to be slightly taller).

Eventhough I said it before (maybe not to you), but I didn't answer this time because it's not important. Being taller than average height of women from 3rd world countries doesn't mean  . And if you think that's great, we're more than happy to welcome you here.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 01:28:05 PM »

If you and these most people really believe that moving to a country of lower average height can improve your quality life, then all those things you mentioned: family, friends, etc are nothing you can't overcome. Whereas it's not possible to be taller currently, except for with LL (to be slightly taller).

No, because moving from Germany or even my European country to India isn't worth it to most people, just for the height. The 'money' alone that I'm going to lose for the rest of my life just by working in India; I 'could' already give it to Giotikas, to become taller. Or even staying where I live, waiting for alternatives. Not even talking about the family/friends sacrifices, language/environment changes, etc.

Eventhough I said it before (maybe not to you), but I didn't answer this time because it's not important. Being taller than average height of women from 3rd world countries doesn't mean  . And if you think that's great, we're more than happy to welcome you here.

I asked where are you from as a 167cm guy because of this:
So be grateful for the fact you are taller than 95% of the female population in the world while a lot of people here struggle to even be taller than women.
To see if you're above women's average in your country, which most likely is the case.

And again
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up