Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10cm mock-up using paint. Any feedback will be appreciated!  (Read 438 times)

Skyisthelimit

10cm mock-up using paint. Any feedback will be appreciated!
« on: September 21, 2020, 01:50:55 PM »

About me:
- 22 y/o male
- height: 5'10 (177cm)
- inseam: 82cm
- femur length: 47cm
- tibia length: 43cm
- wingspan: 178.5cm

10cm mock-up (5cm-5cm):
- https://ibb.co/1rGx0n0 (before)
- https://ibb.co/cFcqnRS (after)

I appreciate the help!

AppleFanBoy

Re: 10cm mock-up using paint. Any feedback will be appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 02:00:17 PM »

But why...?

Two points, do one segment maybe 5-7 cms and call it. Two is overdoing it IMO and that’s considering money isn’t and issue. I was initially considering two segments of stryde as well, but after talking to many many LL patients, the recovery etc is tough on the body. Another reason for this is that you are already considerably tall.

I understand height dysphoria can happen at any height since all is relative but really think about why you’d like to do the procedure and make a decision from them.

To answer your post, it looks perfectly fine, can’t tell about the arms length since the head is cut off. Feels unnatural to look at the body without the head.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 05:43:44 PM »

Thank you for your feedback, AppleFanBoy. I completely agree with you on the first point. I believe I was just contemplating the idea of doing both segments, but I’ll most likely just gonna end up going through with one segment for the time being. I just honestly don’t feel comfortable at my height in parties and public places. I feel like everyone towers over me and that this is holding me back from being as comfortable and confident as I would like to be with my self image. Another reason being that my femur looks short compared to the rest of my body, so I’ll probably stick with femurs. I ended up cropping the head off, but now that you mention it I believe it would have been better just to blur my face. I’ll try to upload a new version of the images later.

Dreaming of 72

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 01:24:49 AM »

Dude,

You’re 5’10... it isn’t your height that’s holding you back.  You’re taller than average bud.
Pages: [1]   Go Up