Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When my nightmare became a reality  (Read 730 times)

When my nightmare became a reality
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:37:32 PM »

I suddenly recalled a moment that happened 5 years ago. I was a younger man then. I was on a trip to France with my schoolmates.

5'6" me and a 6' Chinese guy were fighting over a girl at the time. I asked another friend (3rd party), "Who's more handsome between me and him?". He then passed the question to the 6' Chinese guy.

The tall guy slowly said "I'm not sure who's more handsome, but I'm in fact taller."

He then proceeded to get closer to me, straighten his posture and physically looked down on me to emphasize his point.

At that point, I had already been to r/short, Misc, lookism. Had already been depressed and conscious about my height, but so far it had just been a nightmare. Hearing what he said, I couldn't fight back, my whole body was freezing because that's the first time what I had been dreading my whole life was brought into reality.

If I learn one thing from this incident. Just because no one seems to actively mock my height or bring it up, doesn't mean that everything is fine. Because people will inevitably use my short height as their weapon and attack me with that. That was a pretty traumatic experience.

deletedaccount

Re: When my nightmare became a reality
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 07:43:12 PM »

You should become a drama script writer bro

deletedaccount

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »

Well I have similar experiences ngl, I once went into a mall and almost had a panic attack when I saw a girl who looked about 12 to be significantly taller than me

And a dude I was taller than in middle school, I saw him on the street, waved, as soon as I got out of the car, something wasn't right, I was only looking at his chin, was I not standing yet? My head wasn't going up. I realised that I was an insect of a man and I suck at growing and the dude was way taller than me now and my "he---" disappeared into anxiety and awkwardness and I just walked away spacing out. Needless to say it was a terrible day.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 10:21:43 PM »

Well I have similar experiences ngl, I once went into a mall and almost had a panic attack when I saw a girl who looked about 12 to be significantly taller than me

And a dude I was taller than in middle school, I saw him on the street, waved, as soon as I got out of the car, something wasn't right, I was only looking at his chin, was I not standing yet? My head wasn't going up. I realised that I was an insect of a man and I suck at growing and the dude was way taller than me now and my "he---" disappeared into anxiety and awkwardness and I just walked away spacing out. Needless to say it was a terrible day.

Those were totally different from mine. But I see where you're coming from. Some guys are lucky to have such a growth spurt while we were dying waiting for something that never came.

ZUCC420

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »

All of us have at some point in our lives replayed these events in our minds a thousand times if not more, simply to look for a counterpoint when inevitably next time someone else embarasses us in such a manner to make themselves look good and displace us from the dominance hierarchy right in front of our peers.

I used to put socks in my shoes when I went to middle school but that added a measly pitiful 0.7 inch, barely made any difference in treatment and made me walk in a wobbly restricted manner. I'm sure guys here have tried crazier stuffs like chemical alternatives.

Fact of the matter is regardless of the social landscape whether middle school, high school, college or "real world" that's the adult work/social environment people of all backgrounds, from all stripes of life and social strata wants to displace others from the dominance hierarchy in order to climb up themselves.

That's how human social interactions fundamentally work whether you like it or not and appearance plays a big crucial factor. The sooner you come to that realization the faster you can better yourself and consequently your life.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

A man can do what he wants, but not want what he wants. - Arthur Schopenhauer

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »

That's how human social interactions fundamentally work whether you like it or not and appearance plays a big crucial factor. The sooner you come to that realization the faster you can better yourself and consequently your life.

Of course I've come to that realization bro. This happened a long time ago anyway and it doesn't really matter now, but I'm just sharing it for the sake of sharing.

And also to shows that, contrary to popular belief, height is not a mental problem. You can be confident and self-loving all you'd like, but in the end you will inevitably take hits because of your height.

ZUCC420

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 02:32:34 AM »

And also to shows that, contrary to popular belief, height is not a mental problem. You can be confident and self-loving all you'd like, but in the end you will inevitably take hits because of your height.

Absolutely because your mental health is reflective of your surroundings and if people around you starts treating you badly because of your height then that self-confidence will quickly jettison out the window. It's a feedback loop and negative experiences reinforces negative mentality so self-delusion or self-confidence won't last long long till your depressed, confined to your room alone whilst coping with drugs, etc.

Accepting the truth is always better than repressing it by coping with delusional positivity since the latter leads to depression, cognitive dissonance etc.
Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool. - Plato

ZUCC420

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 12:54:07 PM »

Absolutely because your mental health is reflective of your surroundings and if people around you starts treating you badly because of your height then that self-confidence will quickly jettison out the window. It's a feedback loop and negative experiences reinforces negative mentality so self-delusion or self-confidence won't last long long till your depressed, confined to your room alone whilst coping with drugs, etc.

Accepting the truth is always better than repressing it by coping with delusional positivity since the latter leads to depression, cognitive dissonance etc.

Forgot to include that accepting the truth doesn't mean you won't get depressed or anything of that sort but the main distinction here is that:

Knowing and accepting facts/truths helps you identify the problem and solve it while pretending there isn't a problem doesn't help anyone nor solve anything.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 10:58:01 PM »

Forgot to include that accepting the truth doesn't mean you won't get depressed or anything of that sort but the main distinction here is that:

Knowing and accepting facts/truths helps you identify the problem and solve it while pretending there isn't a problem doesn't help anyone nor solve anything.

That's right man. We might accept the truth because there is only one truth, but in all likelihood, we will never accept our height. We resign from it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up