Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Mitkovic- Simultaneous Lengthening- MAY 2021  (Read 1038 times)

tstory317

• Visitor
Dr. Mitkovic- Simultaneous Lengthening- MAY 2021
« on: October 25, 2020, 09:17:38 PM »

Starting my journey of growing 10.16 cm (4 inches) with Dr. Mitkovic in late May of 2021. The goal for tibias is 5.08 cm and femurs is 5.08, but that can be changed depending on the Dr's recommendations. If anyone else is planning on lengthening at a similar time frame, LET ME KNOW. My reddit is the same username. If any vets have information that could be helpful, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:23:19 PM by tstory317 »

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Dr. Mitkovic- Simultaneous Lengthening- MAY 2021
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 05:42:39 AM »

If any vets have information that could be helpful, I'd appreciate it.

Drink the weird broth they serve you for breakfast even though it tastes bad.

exceeding2meters

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 09:29:40 AM »

Starting my journey of growing 10.16 cm (4 inches) with Dr. Mitkovic in late May of 2021. The goal for tibias is 5.08 cm and femurs is 5.08, but that can be changed depending on the Dr's recommendations. If anyone else is planning on lengthening at a similar time frame, LET ME KNOW. My reddit is the same username. If any vets have information that could be helpful, I'd appreciate it.

Sounds ambitious, so you are simultaneously nailing femur and doing external on tibias?
I tell you now, I am the one to survive
No one can stop my faith or my STRYDE!!

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 10:04:59 AM »

Most mitkovic patients using his device for lengthening end with misalignment. You are advised.

Siegfried

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »

Very interesting, will be doing quads for 10cm as well during the same time. Though I will do it with 6 weeks between both surgeries. Wish you Luck! Why was stryde not an option for you?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

tstory317

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »

Not necessarily at the same time; a more accurate description would be staggered, or sequential. I'll have the surgery on my tibias first, wait three to four week, assess my health, pain tolerance, etc, and THEN have the surgery on my femurs.

tstory317

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »

Very interesting, will be doing quads for 10cm as well during the same time. Though I will do it with 6 weeks between both surgeries. Wish you Luck! Why was stryde not an option for you?

Stryde is very expensive for my budget. College student here lol. I've read too many diaries of guys who wished they would've done the surgery earlier. I'd much rather learn from the mistakes of others than repeat them myself. Good luck to you as well.

tstory317

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 09:44:10 PM »

Most mitkovic patients using his device for lengthening end with misalignment. You are advised.

I appreciate your input. But I don't know if "most" is a fair characterization. Sure, there might be some anecdotes, but that can't represent the hundreds if not thousands of successful cases that didn't have misalignment. Do you have any advice for minimizing the likelihood of complications like misalignment?

tstory317

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 09:46:49 PM »

Drink the weird broth they serve you for breakfast even though it tastes bad.

Will do!!! Thanks.

KrP1

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 11:55:59 PM »

I appreciate your input. But I don't know if "most" is a fair characterization. Sure, there might be some anecdotes, but that can't represent the hundreds if not thousands of successful cases that didn't have misalignment. Do you have any advice for minimizing the likelihood of complications like misalignment?

just don't use a monorail if you are not doing LON

precice strider

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 03:09:50 AM »

just don't use a monorail if you are not doing LON

Just curious why is a monorail bad? I've heard alignment issues but I thought LON allowed for perfect alignment.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

tstory317

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »

"11.5 cm" (4.5 inches) is my new goal.
Doc says it's feasible in ten months, I trust his judgement. Considering other patients have done much crazier amounts while lengthening more per day, this is doable.

deletedaccount

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 10:19:08 PM »

"11.5 cm" (4.5 inches) is my new goal.
Doc says it's feasible in ten months, I trust his judgement. Considering other patients have done much crazier amounts while lengthening more per day, this is doable.
Nice, looking forward to your diary  :D May I know your starting height and sitting height?

tstory317

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 11:11:18 PM »

Nice, looking forward to your diary  :D May I know your starting height and sitting height?

I'm 5'8", with arms about three inches from my knees. 4.5 inches would put me at 6' and a half inch, which I'd round to 6'1. I don't know my sitting height, but I'm not worried about proportions as much because I have really muscular legs. Also, I'm fairly new with writing posts on this website, I just learned how to quote yesterday. How would I create a diary?
Pages: [1]   Go Up