Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wearing insoles to make you taller before the surgery  (Read 588 times)

sportiveshort

• Visitor
Wearing insoles to make you taller before the surgery
« on: November 14, 2020, 03:46:33 AM »

Hi all,

I am planning on getting my surgery maybe in 2022. I can't leave my country atm due to COVID and at the same time I am saving money.
I was thinking about wearing soles before the surgery. A quick background, I just moved to another country for my work and I could say I am starting fresh, most of the friends I made in the past years went back home due to COVID, so everyone would just know me with the new height.

I think it might be good so everyone I know won't ask me how I magically increased my size. Additionally, I work from home most of the days so it would not even be a shock to my co-workers.

Has anyone done this? I was trying to think about some drawbacks but can't find any, other than someone discovering me wearing soles and mocking me or something, which honestly I would not care.

deletedaccount

Re: Wearing insoles to make you taller before the surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 05:08:42 AM »

I wear insoles with 2 extra sections in my boots that make me look about 5'8" (+3.6 cm) (5'9" in the boots themselves overall) although advertised as 3 inches and it's nice wearing them, you get used to it and feel taller but there's no way they'll fit to give you a good height boost in normal looking shoes and I have a little bit of a lift walk which although nobody notices is mildly uncomfortable.

So your best bet is to buy elevator shoes with inbuilt insoles for comfort that look good for different occasions, Don's, Chamaripa, Tallmenshoes, Giudo Maggi (deathly expensive) - preferably with midsole technology advertised as around 3.5 inches to gain near 2 inches of extra perceived height, any more is impractical and you would walk like a model wearing heels - this would be the sustainable way.

Only problem is it would make the perception difference after getting the surgery a little underwhelming maybe.

Arrogance

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »

MANY LL-ers used to wear shoelifts before surgery for the same reason you mentioned. So after surgery they could take the lifts off and no one would notice.

PS: Imagine if the lifts were too big and after surgery you take them off and people see you shorter haha
Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply an addition of time to a sentence I never deserved, but you imposed

sportiveshort

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 12:32:53 AM »

Haha that is fun.
I did wear my lifts yesterday, as Scarface said, they are quite uncomfortable, and I should go for elevator shoes.
The insoles I am using give me about 3~4 cm. and I can notice the difference, I do feel them a bit fake, the sensation overall is new.
I did realized that, if I go for LL, I should gain some weight on my upperbody, so it is gave me some perspective on what I should work before the surgery.
I did like how I looked so it encouraged me to go for this surgery, I am aiming to get 7cm on the femurs, but this will depend on the doctor and how my body reacts.

If I had to give a summary on the negatives:
- I want to do the surgery more now.
- They are uncomfortable.
- I get some weird feeling that it is not my height.
Pages: [1]   Go Up