Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL  (Read 701 times)

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
LL
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:43:07 PM »

Hello friends, someone here that do the surgery with dr.betz and his nail and can send me a pm for some questions?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: LL
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »

Go to giotikas and do stryde.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 04:12:34 PM »

Yeah but the problem is that my canal is 10 mm and the 10 mm stryde can length up to 5cm and with the betzbone i can length up to 8 cm (im gonna length the femur something like (6-7cm)

Tartar

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 04:17:01 PM »

It does not depend on the diameter. There are 3 diameters of the nail (10mm 11,5mm 13mm)
Then there is the lenght of the nail. The shortest nails have as distraction 5cm and 6,5cm, then all the nail longer than them can go up to 8cm.
If you have a very short femur you could not achieve more than 5cm.

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 05:24:17 PM »

The length you want to achieve its yes depend on the diameter my only the 10.mm stryde can insert to my bone and the 10.mm stryde can length up to 5 cm but if you can give me a proof that im wrong i will be very happy because i really want the stryde but all the surgery not worth for 5 cm maybe

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 05:27:36 PM »

My femur is something like 40 cm

2020hope

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »

The length you want to achieve its yes depend on the diameter my only the 10.mm stryde can insert to my bone and the 10.mm stryde can length up to 5 cm but if you can give me a proof that im wrong i will be very happy because i really want the stryde but all the surgery not worth for 5 cm maybe

What's your proof for your 5cm theory? :)

Tartar

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »

I told you that is not so, look for the official Nuvasive Stryde documents and you can check it
It depends to the lenght. the diameter affects the max weight

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 10:45:41 AM »

Im checked on the website of nuvasive and they write “ the surface of the treated limb to the intramedullary canal is greater than 80mm for the 13.0mm diameter implant, 65 mm for the 11.5 mm implant and 50mm for the 10.0mm diameter implant “ thats my proof for my theroy ;D

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »

Theory*

Tartar

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 12:10:12 PM »

Im checked on the website of nuvasive and they write “ the surface of the treated limb to the intramedullary canal is greater than 80mm for the 13.0mm diameter implant, 65 mm for the 11.5 mm implant and 50mm for the 10.0mm diameter implant “ thats my proof for my theroy ;D
Have you read it? ;D
It is The Max distance allowed for the magnet to work properly, from the skin of The limb to the intramedullary canal. If you are too muscular or too fat it could not work well.
I have the nail in my axx if you don’t want to trust me ok, I’m not discussing I know how it is dude

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 03:33:34 PM »

Of course i read it on the official website of nuvasive trust me buddy and if you want you can read it too ,  But you are also right that the diameters are also related to weight bearing

Tartar

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 03:55:24 PM »

idk why you ask about it if you know everything, you're not understanding english properly
= from the surface of the skin of the limb TO the internal part of the bone the max distance allowed to let the ERC work is equal to...

It does not depend on the diameter. There are 3 diameters of the nail (10mm 11,5mm 13mm)
Then there is the lenght of the nail. The shortest nails have as distraction 5cm and 6,5cm, then all the nail longer than them can go up to 8cm.
If you have a very short femur you could not achieve more than 5cm.
I told you that I know it and I have the nail insert, the shortest 11,5mm nails and 13mm nails have a max distraction of 5mm
Diameter is another story, it is related to the weight bearing only

Tartar

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 03:59:51 PM »

FlyHigh1

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 05:55:29 PM »

You right buddy my fault i m tell you this because a orthopaedic surgeon tell me that and you really help me thank you

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »

Natural selection going to Betz. No worries Tartar, no need to get too upset at him, darwinism will do it's job
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: [1]   Go Up