Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you anxious during schools' physical examinations to height?  (Read 1055 times)

Astronomy

Every time when it's my turn for my height to be asked to be measured by school doctors or nurses I'm anxious and nervous af because not only those f**king nurses will announce aloud my dwarflike height and I can see how short I'm.Everybody is informed:I'm a midget about 162cm tall.Why God treats me like this?
I think my life's helltime is height measuring. I hope I can accomplish my LL plan as soon as possible

Iron_Man

Re: Are you anxious during schools' physical examinations to height?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 11:56:31 AM »

And how often are you measured at school?  We were not measured for height either at school or at university

Astronomy

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 12:09:24 PM »

And how often are you measured at school?  We were not measured for height either at school or at university
I'm a short Chinese and in Chinese junior and senior schools you must be measured once a year to figure out how much you've grown.And in worst cases the measurers will speak aloud your short height.But in Chinese high schools you can inform PE teachers by writting your height on the personal recording sheets instead of getting measured by measurers.And that's done once a year.
F*k the Chinese Education Bureau why it's published the policy that a student should let them know his damned height and in adolescence his height must be measured in public!!!

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 02:02:11 PM »

I'm a short Chinese and in Chinese junior and senior schools you must be measured once a year to figure out how much you've grown.And in worst cases the measurers will speak aloud your short height.But in Chinese high schools you can inform PE teachers by writting your height on the personal recording sheets instead of getting measured by measurers.And that's done once a year.
F*k the Chinese Education Bureau why it's published the policy that a student should let them know his damned height and in adolescence his height must be measured in public!!!
Stupid China totalitarian goverment that doesn't respect any personal data.

Astronomy

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 02:30:00 PM »

That policy once damaged me when it happened that when I was standing on that height measurer bottom platform and that 'knife'——yes,that caliper finally landed down on my skull,the nurse next to me shouted '159!'and everybody on the scene heard my height(perhaps at that moment they were laughing at my short height in their mind...).And yes that tragedy happend at 15,when I'd just graduated from my middle school and I was arranged to the graduates' physical examinations.
In the night of that day...I was crying for a long long time...I just dunno why God treated me like this.I'll laugh at myself when I ease myself telling myself 'It's OK because your height has gone over 160cm..And that's an average height as a girl...So you r thus endowed with one of the genders——'female'.
So I dunno if I didn't grow taller to 162cm what I'll feel like..Maybe I'll need the worldwide best psychiatrist to guarantee my mental health...Cuz with height of 162cm I've f**king had enough of myself.

I have to say that although I must perserve my country's prestige,I admit that Chineses are most serious about one's height and I dunno why...Even a little bit hysteria...Maybe white people don't know Chineses are always scorning them because they're always telling their heights with shoes...unlike Chineses are always distinguishing heights with shoes from heights without shoes and they'll look resented if you 'cheat' them with your height with shoes...So On BaiduTieba,some Chineses are unstoppedly doing 'researches' into male actors and female actors' heights...only to tell everybody whose height is measured with shoes and with cheating and whose height is measured without shoes and that's a true height....

SartBimpson

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »

That policy once damaged me when it happened that when I was standing on that height measurer bottom platform and that 'knife'——yes,that caliper finally landed down on my skull,the nurse next to me shouted '159!'and everybody on the scene heard my height(perhaps at that moment they were laughing at my short height in their mind...).And yes that tragedy happend at 15,when I'd just graduated from my middle school and I was arranged to the graduates' physical examinations.
In the night of that day...I was crying for a long long time...I just dunno why God treated me like this.I'll laugh at myself when I ease myself telling myself 'It's OK because your height has gone over 160cm..And that's an average height as a girl...So you r thus endowed with one of the genders——'female'.
So I dunno if I didn't grow taller to 162cm what I'll feel like..Maybe I'll need the worldwide best psychiatrist to guarantee my mental health...Cuz with height of 162cm I've f**king had enough of myself.

How short are you compared to your peers? What would you say the average is like among the males in your school?

Astronomy

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 02:46:48 PM »

How short are you compared to your peers? What would you say the average is like among the males in your school?
I'm shorter a lot than my peers especially those who are studying in sports school.I dunno what peers' average height is because every time I walk out of my dormitory,then I always see 180+ tall students and 160+ tall students.So I'll guess it as 173-175cm.But seriously you know girls always desire outstanding bfs,especially including tall bfs cuz tall height can reinforce men's masculinities... 

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 12:17:35 AM »

I have to say that although I must perserve my country's prestige,I admit that Chineses are most serious about one's height and I dunno why...Even a little bit hysteria...Maybe white people don't know Chineses are always scorning them because they're always telling their heights with shoes...unlike Chineses are always distinguishing heights with shoes from heights without shoes and they'll look resented if you 'cheat' them with your height with shoes...So On BaiduTieba,some Chineses are unstoppedly doing 'researches' into male actors and female actors' heights...only to tell everybody whose height is measured with shoes and with cheating and whose height is measured without shoes and that's a true height....

I'm truly sorry you've been through that. I know this might sound very cynical seeing as where in a forum about limb lengthening, but your height does not define your value as a human being. The situation you've described to me is one aspect where Chinese society still has to grow and evolve, and perhaps learn to respect that each indivual is just as important as society. Because it seems to me that Asian society place society over the individual, while Western societies place the individual above society. Both are wrong if taken to an extreme, but individuals matter...these physical examinations are cruel to shorter students and you don't deserve to be put n such an embarrassing situation.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 02:54:10 AM »

This happens in america too everyone gets measured (not penile length but vertical length)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 03:25:23 AM by ghkid2019 »
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Astronomy

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 02:58:21 PM »

I'm truly sorry you've been through that. I know this might sound very cynical seeing as where in a forum about limb lengthening, but your height does not define your value as a human being. The situation you've described to me is one aspect where Chinese society still has to grow and evolve, and perhaps learn to respect that each indivual is just as important as society. Because it seems to me that Asian society place society over the individual, while Western societies place the individual above society. Both are wrong if taken to an extreme, but individuals matter...these physical examinations are cruel to shorter students and you don't deserve to be put n such an embarrassing situation.
Actually in health science It doest make any sense that if you are short then your physiological growth is abnormal cuz just genes have played roles in it unless you are dwarf.
But at first dwarves arent retards therefore they are awared themselves that they should consult doctors to examine their physiological conditions and seek for remedies.So I dont witness any meanings of physical examinations to heights only to let me know that I'm very short and then the drama'being short and being laughed at'appends.I also dunno the meanings of investigating a country's or a schools students' average height.Low average height doesnt mean'My people are dwarves cuz they are shorter than other countries' people and their growths are abnormal.They must experince malnutritions and I,as a president,must spur the economical growth!'

Astronomy

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »

This happens in america too everyone gets measured (not penile length but vertical length)
No especially as for those who are taller than 180cm.I meant fearful by anxious

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »

Low average height doesnt mean'My people are dwarves cuz they are shorter than other countries' people and their growths are abnormal.They must experince malnutritions and I,as a president,must spur the economical growth!'

I don't know if this happens anymore, but even back in the 1980s the American-born sons (and sometimes daughters too) of many Chinese immigrants were taller than their parents before they became teenagers.  It made China look bad.

Astronomy

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 03:53:10 PM »

I don't know if this happens anymore, but even back in the 1980s the American-born sons (and sometimes daughters too) of many Chinese immigrants were taller than their parents before they became teenagers.  It made China look bad.
What I wanna mean was average height doesn't matter that much at all.Since short men are so inferior,the governments should take care of their mental health and let citizens report their 'BMI's(in many way,polls,writting on PE score sheets,etc.)and that's OK.Separately seriously measuring one's height and weight is very offensive,in my opinion,let alone measuring them in public.BMI proves one's health condition most powerfully or let everybody gives up prejudices to short people but that's more impossible.
Economical indexes are more related to GDP,Gini indexes,etc.Being strict about height is stupid.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 06:38:19 PM »

BMI isn't even that great of a metric either. Some bodybuilders with a flawless physique would be considered obese based on BMI.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Highest

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 07:36:10 PM »

Reading this part was grim. If true, scorning white people cause they supposedly tell their heights with shoes is one of the more pathetic things I've heard especially since they are taller on average barefoot than Chinese.

The obsession with height and measuring up probably comes from the Chinese century of humiliation concept. Honestly it sounds like a society wide inferiority complex in China to care so much about measurement accuracy.

In the west if you exaggerate your height if you are white ,black, brown, yellow whatever color, you'll still get called out especially at your highschool age so don't know where you get this shoe height idea. Hearing how height obsessed Chinese society is sounds absolutely awful and I feel bad for you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:21:15 PM by Highest »

Astronomy

Re: Are you fearful during schools' physical examinations to height?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »

BMI isn't even that great of a metric either. Some bodybuilders with a flawless physique would be considered obese based on BMI.
So countries need to invent another index substituting both BMI and BF%.That's definitely better than digging out one's height and weight in public.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:58:46 AM by Coeus »

Astronomy

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 08:10:38 AM »

Reading this part was grim. If true, scorning white people cause they supposedly tell their heights with shoes is one of the more pathetic things I've heard especially since they are taller on average barefoot than Chinese.

The obsession with height and measuring up probably comes from the Chinese century of humiliation concept. Honestly it sounds like a society wide inferiority complex in China to care so much about measurement accuracy.

In the west if you exaggerate your height if you are white ,black, brown, yellow whatever color, you'll still get called out especially at your highschool age so don't know where you get this shoe height idea. Hearing how height obsessed Chinese society is sounds absolutely awful and I feel bad for you.
Maybe the word 'scorn' was a little bit exaggerated but I did see some people on BaiduTieba researching every superstar's height and every country's average height.A few people there are feeling proud of telling others heights without shoes at night...I do not know if one's height matters that much...And sorry for insulting white people telling heights with shoes all the time...
I'm not insulting my homeland on purpose but that's true.Some Chineses are overmuch strict about heights.The other days I heard some of my peers were talking about others' heights and added whether that was with shoes or without shoes(called '净身高' in Chinese).And used a few jargons that described how tall he or she was.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:59:12 AM by Coeus »

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 10:35:45 PM »

Yeah of course I tend to tense up when ready for my height to be measured and for once I cracked up cuz my actual height was really short and I was feeling embarrassed as hell.
BTW after I went to college I don't need to get measured barefoot or even with a stadiometer anymore(after 19 y.o we self-reported our heights LOL)

Sorcerer

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 10:39:41 PM »

I can vouch for nearly everything he said but 'scorning' is too actually stretching the reality.. at least from my experiences and observations they are just 'disliking' any person to report his/her height with shoes on and there is indeead a spread-out hearsay that Americans and Europeans report their heights with shoes on and I really saw that kind of statements..
BTW I really can also guarantee your socks will be knocked off if you witness how toxic China's Genzs and after-Genzs are perceiving heights and inflating heights.. You can see my posts and I also elaborated about them and I was also astonished how obsessed with heights the modern China's society is maintaining.

Sorcerer

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 10:45:48 PM »

Well I am not hostile towards my country but I talked about my plan about immigrating to other countries like Japan, America(too hard to migrate over there I know LOL), Australia, and etc. with my friends and all of them were rooting for my plan and as we Chineses know Involution in China and other sts like this are screwing up China's common ppl and I am also convinced that immigration is not a bad option at the moment. At least I can't tolerate skyrocketing general prices(including house prices), stress of getting married, having babies, and taking cares of my old parents, and other stuffs that I don't like to reveal here in broad daylight too much and I don't wanna behave as a too cynical guy either. But eitherway I am fixated on immigrations for real and not just tarnishing my home country or similar or whatever ppl in the same countries wanna say to me.

Sorcerer

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 10:47:06 PM »

Is America 'protecting' personal data like height instead?

Sorcerer

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 11:01:07 PM »

Actually China is really using BMI to evaluate students' physical healths. But I don't know if it is true for other regions except Shanghai.
Pages: [1]   Go Up