Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: LON method femur Frederico Dr Halil Buldu  (Read 9592 times)

Frederico86

LON method femur Frederico Dr Halil Buldu
« on: November 28, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »

Hi guys ,

I just created this topic to share with you  my patient experience with Limb Legthening . A bit about me... My Name is Frederico and I am orginally from Brazil but I have been living in Germany for quite  a while now also due to my german roots. I had my operation on 21 st november so exactly 1 week ago.

I choose the LON Method on my femurs. My goal is to lenghten 8 cm. So Im going from 173 cm to 181 cm.

I made my surgery with livelifetaller medical team in Istanbul Turkey which belongs to Dr Halil Buldu.

I started lenghtening today so I have still a long journey ahead of me here in Turkey as I am gonna stay for the hole lengthening process.

First week was very hard I suffered a lot but the team took really good care of me and now Im feeling a lot better and Im able to walk with the walker.
Im gonna post some pics of me and let you guys now about my development throughout this hole journey as I know how important this is for others that are  interested in doing this surgery...

Kind regards Frederico

Kal el

Re: LON method femur Frederico Dr Halil Buldu
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 09:15:34 PM »

Why did u choose LON on femurs....and what is ur external support for ur legs.

Frederico86

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »

He does all the other methods with the internal nails but unfortunately they were too expensive for me and he showed me plenty of his patients having an excellent outcome using the LON method on the femurs or on the tibia . I had contact with other patients from  him such as Hakon from Norway and David from Switzerland who did the LON on femurs... both are completely fine after lengthening walking running bending their knees 90 degrees. Im using external fixators on my femurs. I dont know the name of the type  of fixator but I can poste a picture

Frederico86

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:55:50 PM »

Im trying to attach 2 pics but its saying that the folder is full ...

Frederico86

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 10:08:50 PM »

If you guys wanna exchange informations and get pics throughout my process just send me message and I pass my whatsapp by private message

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 10:18:06 PM »

Hey Federico,
Welcome to the forum, bro! I’ve seen some of your videos on LiveLifeTaller’s Instagram. I’ll definitely be following your journey. Hopefully you can keep us updated with some pictures and videos. Looking forward for your updates. Please don’t let dr. Buldu, the guys from LiveLifeTaller, or Murat interfere with this diary. Make this diary your own, and feel free to express yourself here. Welcome again!

Sky

P.S The external device you are using is called monorails. You can post pictures here by uploading them to https://imgbb.com/ and then sharing the link that points to the picture, in your diary. This is generally how it’s done here. Wish you the best of luck and a great distraction phase! Feel free to ask anything in your diary, and I’m sure someone will answer you briefly.

Frederico86

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 10:38:55 PM »

Thanks for welcoming me and explaining to me how to upload the pictures.

Here are the link to the pics

https://ibb.co/j6Kp21Z
https://ibb.co/SwM956x

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 10:42:38 PM »

Appreciate the pictures, Frederico! How are you feeling so far... Do you have any discomfort or pain? Did you already start the lengthening process?

Frederico86

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 10:52:08 PM »

Im not going to post so much in this forum as I prefere to use my cellphone . This is my whatsapp so you guys feel free to write to me and I share some videos and pics :  +49 17661265285

I will also post some videos and pics here but not a lot as I dont enter so much here.

Kind regards

Frederico

Frederico86

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:57 PM »

Im feeling good now. The thing is I have to get familiar with the monorail. Sleeping is not that easy and doing daily stuff such as going to the toilett have to be adapted. I have lengthened 1 mm so far I started lenghtening today ! I am lenghtening 4 times a day 0.25 mm each time I turn my legthening key.

Frederico86

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 11:00:34 PM »

I had nasty pain in the first days after surgery .The second day after surgery was the worst.  On the 5th day after the surgery I started to get better . I have some knee pain but its not all the time it comes and goes and lets say the pain level is about 2 of 10. I am stretching a lot my legs and doing fisioterapy daily.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 09:43:20 AM »

I had nasty pain in the first days after surgery .The second day after surgery was the worst.  On the 5th day after the surgery I started to get better . I have some knee pain but its not all the time it comes and goes and lets say the pain level is about 2 of 10. I am stretching a lot my legs and doing fisioterapy daily.

This is how it usually goes. Mostly everyone is experiencing the worst pain the first week after the initial surgery. You could maybe use some warm compression to relieve some of that pain temporarily. Try not to go overboard with the weights bearing, either. Too much weight bearing can cause slight bending to the nails. I’ve noticed in the videos of LiveLifeTaller that the physiotherapist can exaggerate with the weight bearing by making you walk for a long period of time. I’ve noticed this particularly with Peter (I believe this is how you spell his name). What I believe could definitely improve with the range of motion of your knees and slight weight bearing is a stationary bicycle. This will get the blood circulation in motion. I definitely agree with the daily physiotherapy. Keep up the good work.

P.S. I wouldn’t go for 10cm like the camera man from LiveLifeTaller suggested you. Start with 8cm and move from there depending on the tightness of your thighs and whether or not your soft tissue remain somewhat flexible.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 09:52:25 AM »

Im feeling good now. The thing is I have to get familiar with the monorail. Sleeping is not that easy and doing daily stuff such as going to the toilett have to be adapted. I have lengthened 1 mm so far I started lenghtening today ! I am lenghtening 4 times a day 0.25 mm each time I turn my legthening key.

External devices, especially on femurs, are a huge annoyance. But sadly, this is what you’ll have to deal with for the next 3-4 months. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll ever find it comfortable sleeping with monorails on your femurs. The best advice I can give you is to sleep on your back and try not to move too much. Of course, easier said than done. But this is one of the main reasons why there is such a big difference between fully internals and externals or LON.
You’re 1mm taller. Congrats! You’re some more turns away from your goal. Keep it up! Also, do keep an eye on the xrays. Check for misalignments and for the speed of consolidation.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »

Im not going to post so much in this forum as I prefere to use my cellphone . This is my whatsapp so you guys feel free to write to me and I share some videos and pics :  +49 17661265285

I will also post some videos and pics here but not a lot as I dont enter so much here.

I would strongly suggest you to keep your diary updated so that Cll veterans can keep an eye on your progress. There have been some cases where because of the forum, patients avoided getting crippled by some doctors and were able to get help before things got any worse. What I’m trying to say is that the forum can be a very good place to get some critical and valuable feedback.
Btw, you could just stay active in the forum through your phone. No need to use your pc.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 10:31:07 AM by Skyisthelimit »

AlphaX

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 05:53:20 PM »

Hello !

I did 7.5 cm with Halil Buldu, he is a good surgeon.

I know it’s hard to bend you’re knee because it hurts with the fixator.

BUT

Please do it AS MUCH A YOU CAN because you can have real trouble really fast with the knee bending..
This is i think the most important thing on LON femural : The Knee bending during the distraction.
24 years | LON on Femur done.

Starting height : 174.5cm |  Final: 182-183cm |  Dr. Yuksel Wannabetaller team

Frederico86

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 08:36:16 PM »

Alpha X thanks for the advice ! Your words are absoluetely true and I agree with all of them !!
  If you want feel free to add me on whatsapp so we can exchange some informations! +4917661265285

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 09:33:42 PM »

I did 7.5 cm with Halil Buldu, he is a good surgeon.

That’s weird... why did you write in your description that you did it with Dr. yuksel from WannaBeTaller?

taller2023

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 06:52:19 AM »

That’s weird... why did you write in your description that you did it with Dr. yuksel from WannaBeTaller?

You rite I check to. Be careful lot of fake story on Dr. Buldu.  Maybe Meck and Sunshine only one true.  Maybe doctor still with wannabetaller as a secret.

Frederico86

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 08:46:13 AM »

Hey guys ,

As I promised now I am passing by to give you an update about my progress so far .

So today its the 02.12.2020 my surgery was on the 21.11.2020.

I am feeling a lot better then in the first week after surgery. Im now able to wash myself , brush my teeth and I have less issues in going to the toilett .

I'm still taking painkillers allthough I am trying to decrease the amount of painkillers I take daily.  Sometimes I get knee pain and I still need to take the painkillers to relief the pain. Regarding the pain lets say 70% of the day  I feel no pain at all and no discomfort. The other 30% of the day I would have knee pain and feel sort of uncomfortable  then its when the painkillers play an important role in this process

Overall I feel much better my only problems are  the bending of my knee and the pain on the knee that would come and go . I can bend my knee up to 30% 35% degrees now I'm exercising every day to extend the bending. I'm using warm water bottle on the knees to relief the knee pain its helping a lot and sometimes I don't even need to take painkillers.

I hope I could give a good insight about my current situation. I will try to update you guys weekly here about my progress .

On 11th of december I will have my first X ray looking forward to see how quick my body is producing new bone.

Ok so I wish you all a great day feel free to make any questions.

Kind regards

Frederico

Frederico86

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »

By the way here is a video of me while receiving massage hahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQGVPQJsmy/

Are you guys able to access the video ?

Cheers !

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 02:47:02 PM »

Very nice video, Frederico! It is true that the massage therapy will improve blood circulation which will have a positive impact on the callus/bone formation.

I’m glad you decided to update us weekly! Can’t wait to see the x-ray. One thing though, when I was checking the video from LiveLifeTaller (I think it was yesterday) about the portable xray machine, I notice that the technician was editing the x-ray. I’m not sure if this was meant to make the xray clearer for the doctor and patient to check it out or to disguise some relevant information and not worry the patient. I would appreciate it if you could ask about this when you get your turn to get the xray.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:27:43 PM by Skyisthelimit »

BelowTheMean

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 03:51:14 PM »

By the way here is a video of me while receiving massage hahaha

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQGVPQJsmy/

Are you guys able to access the video ?

Cheers !

I need me one of those right now. Another advantage to doing this outside the US - low costs for everything outside of lengthening, including services.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

limbcllnea

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 03:24:10 AM »

You rite I check to. Be careful lot of fake story on Dr. Buldu.  Maybe Meck and Sunshine only one true.  Maybe doctor still with wannabetaller as a secret.

I always see your comments about Halil Buldu and I'm inclined to believe you because you are so persistent and passionate.

I also wonder what the veterans in this forum think about doing external monorails on femurs. Those three combinations are known to be avoided if possible so I will keep an eye on this diary and I hope knowledgeable people can weigh in.

Frederico86

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 12:31:35 PM »

Hey

Yes I asked them and the technician edits the X - Ray to make it clear how much cm was lenghtened and also to show the bone consolidation... The equipment used here is very modern and expensive the Dr said .

Kind regards

Frederico

Frederico86

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 01:43:26 PM »

Hi guys ,

Another update

My pain level is close to zero I almost don´t take painkillers . We are in a nice group over here in Istanbul and we are having lots of fun together me and the other patients. Today one of the patients from Germany called Marwin had birthday so livelifetaller team made him a birthday cake and the surgeon Halil Buldu came himself to celebrate . We all went down to the Hotel Lobby. I couldn´t have made any better choice then undergoing this surgery with this surgeon. He is a excellent surgeon and also person .

Here are some pictures of the little birthday celebration :

https://ibb.co/8rD4JVw
https://ibb.co/Bqch7D0
https://ibb.co/M7sfGJK
https://ibb.co/n6J7dvh
https://ibb.co/YZ26pYn
https://ibb.co/jVhvN4Q

Take care guys !

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »

That’s awesome! Dr. Buldu seems to be a really nice and down-to-earth guy. Looking forward to reading more about your journey!

limbcllnea

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 11:56:32 PM »

Pictures look great, you guys look like you are having fun.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 12:47:41 AM by questpeanut »

Si01

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »

hi guys, i had my first operation on the thigh in 2018 and at the same time a leg correction o legs 40 degrees crooked and february 2019 on the lower leg the second and i have grown 17 cm. i have to say i come from germany and i have been to many doctors who did not want to do everything in one operation and instead several operations, several anesthesia and a longer healing process. now my legs are straight and long. of course this is not an easy operation but i was lucky that my doctor dr. halil buldu was very good and helped me a lot. thanks to the livelifetaller team for their support

Hicham01

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2020, 03:39:23 PM »

Hello theire , i have made the Same Operation..

germanlim

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2020, 03:53:08 PM »

Seems like he is the best surgeon in turkey

Hicham01

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2020, 04:44:02 PM »

IT was a perfect Operation iam satesfyd with the Resultat
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up