Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What will you do if you become disabled after LL?  (Read 1322 times)

Astronomy

What will you do if you become disabled after LL?
« on: December 27, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »

As a realism Everything should be thought over how as bad as possible it can become.
Becomin disabled is the worst situation but deserves to be considered before such risky surgery.
To tell the truth I will try everythin to kill myself cuz I dont wanna suffer from the misery that not only I cant stand up feeling comfortable about my height but also I cant live my life normally any more.What tragedy is sorrier than that?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: What will you do if you become disabled after LL?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 07:57:14 PM »

I would use a wheelchair.  I used one for six months.  It's not so bad.

SartBimpson

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 10:22:10 PM »

I think a lot of people here want to lengthen far too much. The key is to remain conservative and not go past 6cm on femurs and 4cm on tibias IN my honest opinion.

As for what I would do, I think I would probably just live bound to a wheelchair. Not much choice there.

Although is it worth risking being disabled for a few inches of height?

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 05:00:15 AM »

I think a lot of people here want to lengthen far too much. The key is to remain conservative and not go past 6cm on femurs and 4cm on tibias IN my honest opinion.

As for what I would do, I think I would probably just live bound to a wheelchair. Not much choice there.

Although is it worth risking being disabled for a few inches of height?
Of course LL patients think it worth risking being disabled for getting taller.

InFullStryde

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 08:45:50 PM »

One thing to keep in mind as well is that although there is risk involved; that risk is very low.  Your body is doing what it would have already done in the event of an accidental broken bone, anyway and broken bones happen and heal up just fine every day.   Of course, the difference here is that the bone break is controlled, clean, and precise. Imagine that most broken bones are sudden and shocking and also result in terrible muscle tears and damage.  Unplanned, accidentally broken bones are much more cause of concern than a well-planned and precise break. Another difference is that your muscles are being forced to grow right along with your bone.  Having said this, as long as you do not lengthen beyond your body's capacity; there isn't much risk to be concerned about.  Generally, the body recovers extremely well.  I have only heard of very few stories that something has gone wrong in CLL and usually, it involves negligence on the part of unprofessional doctors or careless patients.  You also do have the occasional random situation where a person's body is not recovering well (Non-Union, etc).   Most complications have solutions, but even the complications are rare.

If I would have become disabled, I would have accepted it and become the best man I could be but this time, I'd have to do that in a wheelchair. 

Keeping fighting the good fight. 

All the best,

IFS
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:12:41 PM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

SartBimpson

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 03:10:42 PM »

One thing to keep in mind as well is that although there is risk involved; that risk is very low.  Your body is doing what it would have already done in the event of an accidental broken bone, anyway and broken bones happen and heal up just fine every day.   Of course, the difference here is that the bone break is controlled, clean, and precise. Imagine that most broken bones are sudden and shocking and also result in terrible muscle tears and damage.  Unplanned, accidentally broken bones are much more cause of concern than a well-planned and precise break. Another difference is that your muscles are being forced to grow right along with your bone.  Having said this, as long as you do not lengthen beyond your body's capacity; there isn't much risk to be concerned about.  Generally, the body recovers extremely well.  I have only heard of very few stories that something has gone wrong in CLL and usually, it involves negligence on the part of unprofessional doctors or careless patients.  You also do have the occasional random situation where a person's body is not recovering well (Non-Union, etc).   Most complications have solutions, but even the complications are rare.

If I would have become disabled, I would have accepted it and become the best man I could be but this time, I'd have to do that in a wheelchair. 

All the best,

IFS
That's a nice take and I'm happy you're feeling this way. Having done this surgery, do you sometimes forget you've done it or are you constantly reminded of it daily?

It's easy to see that there would be a change in your exercise ability, but otherwise: Do you feel reminded of this surgery in any other way?

InFullStryde

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 09:26:36 PM »

That's a nice take and I'm happy you're feeling this way. Having done this surgery, do you sometimes forget you've done it or are you constantly reminded of it daily?

It's easy to see that there would be a change in your exercise ability, but otherwise: Do you feel reminded of this surgery in any other way?

Hi Sart!

At 2 years post-op for me.

99.99999% normal feeling.  As you mentioned, it's only with strength and flexibility where you know there is some change.  This is returning daily as I train.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

SpeedDialer

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »

What are your thoughts on the safe limits to lengthen femur and tibia?

Though I know you got the full 8 cm despite being only 5'1 at the start which is amazing considering the percentage length difference the leg went from start to finish

Someone on this thread said 6cm on femur and 4 cm tibia is a good upper max, sometimes I hear 7cm on femur and 6 cm on tibia as an upper limit

I'm 5'7

Astronomy

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 01:30:36 PM »

Though I know you got the full 8 cm despite being only 5'1 at the start which is amazing considering the percentage length difference the leg went from start to finish

Someone on this thread said 6cm on femur and 4 cm tibia is a good upper max, sometimes I hear 7cm on femur and 6 cm on tibia as an upper limit

I'm 5'7
I dunno.It depends on your body.

Astronomy

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 08:07:34 AM »

All the best,

IFS
If I were disabled I'll purchase artificial limbs.In my country those things will only cost me several thousand or ten thousand RMB.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 06:33:43 PM »

I heard Parihar is one of Paley's students and is only 43,780 USD for Stryde Femurs, how about go w/ him? Then maybe can get both tibia and femur relatively cheaply

RealLostSoul

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 07:32:03 PM »

Honestly I believe this highly depends on the individual. A good doctor is key. Your bodies healing abilities (health and age mostly) and also your willigness to recover.

This is also very true. As long as you do it with a good doctor it's way smoother than if you would shatter your bones in a car accident or so. And even then there are people who are professional sports guys after literally blowing a whole leg bone apart.

To answer OPs question. If I'd really be so unfortunate to end up in a wheelchair forever, lose a leg or so, I'd most likely just catch the bus. Since I am a long term mental illness veteran anyways, I wouldn't have had much to live for regardless. I rather try to change my life via surgery than having to suffer from neurological disorders for the rest of my life, if it doesn't work out I can still end my life.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2021, 05:35:29 AM »

What are your thoughts on doing internals with Parihar? I'm still collecting info on him, looks good so far

Astronomy

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »

I heard Parihar is one of Paley's students and is only 43,780 USD for Stryde Femurs, how about go w/ him? Then maybe can get both tibia and femur relatively cheaply
I dunno very much abt him.
But I know several steps to judge if he's a good doctor or bad one:
1.Browse all of diaries that his parents wrote to know about how good or bad he is.
2.Find all ways to have contact with him and ask him some questions about such as lengthening amount,price,amount of patients and something else but bear in mind not to trust the cases he published in his website or other platforms.Cuz he would like only to show you successful cases.
3.If you can afford time and fund,you can youself inspect his surgical skills and his hospital's equipments and something else.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 06:33:52 PM »

Yeah hm... I do know people who go to his place for consultation are unhappy w/ cleanliness in Mumbai. But then again, he seems to be the most affordable way to get Stryde and it is comforting to some people on this forum that he was Paley's student

Not sure how much you'll be able to inspect if you do a consultation w/ him tho?

Astronomy

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 09:58:00 AM »

Yeah hm... I do know people who go to his place for consultation are unhappy w/ cleanliness in Mumbai. But then again, he seems to be the most affordable way to get Stryde and it is comforting to some people on this forum that he was Paley's student

Not sure how much you'll be able to inspect if you do a consultation w/ him tho?
I won't spare time to inspect him Cuz expense will be too high.My plan is to go for Dr.Monegal,a Spanish surgeron for femur.For tibia...I will try anything to finish domestically.

Shadow91

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »

you are nuts to go with monegal. You need alot of reading to do.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 02:21:04 AM »

Yeah I agree, I'm really afraid you'll get injured if you go to Monegal.

Think it over man

Is he cheaper and better than Parihar? I'm not familiar with the exchange ranges for your RMB to Indian rupee

I thought the creator of this forum said that China banned cosmetic LL (he did it in China when it was legal), but maybe you are in another oriental country that uses RMB?
Pages: [1]   Go Up