Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your appetite affect your height most?  (Read 510 times)

Astronomy

Does your appetite affect your height most?
« on: January 01, 2021, 01:38:04 PM »

I had been subjected to bad appetite since childhood and until today I can't also eat as much as my peers.
  I've been wondering why they can finish a whole bowl of food since my childhood.
  I can hardly finish a half amount of others' meals every time.Thus I'm being considered as having a very bad appetite for food.
  What's worse,I can't seemingly digest meats Cuz everytime I eat up a piece of pork I'll quickily need excretion in my toilet.
  I can tell you I really got a bad appetite due to all above.Finishing meals of equal amounts to my peers' has always been difficult for me.
  I think that's why I'm so short right now.
  In fact I told my problem to my parents and required diagnosis in hospital but they thought I was joking.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Does your appetite affect your height most?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:21:21 PM »

Only in extreme cases.  If your body has height genes, it will use the calories it gets to grow, even if you don't get many.  My best friend wasn't a big eater and he grew to be 6'2.

precice strider

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »

I had a huge appetite for my size as a kid and it always annoyed me when people assumed I could eat less just because of how abnormally short I was.
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

Astronomy

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 05:15:20 PM »

I had a huge appetite for my size as a kid and it always annoyed me when people assumed I could eat less just because of how abnormally short I was.
Maybe your digest has certain problem,like me

Kal el

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 06:33:45 PM »

Yes it does.....a lot..i have been skinny and little all my life becz i didnt and i will also die like this..i think.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »

No don't worry you didn't stun any growth. If you ate more you probably only would have become fatter. height is genetics that's the sad reality

Atlas

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 07:48:51 PM »

Yes, malnutrition can limit growth. This is a problem for people with eating disorders. The body can't build anything with materials it doesn't have.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »

Yes, malnutrition can limit growth. This is a problem for people with eating disorders. The body can't build anything with materials it doesn't have.

In third world countries were a child has no option to eat enough, yea. If you were healthy in the first few years then it won't change a thing. There are many cases of anorexia were the person started with starving with 11 or so and still grows up to be tall (height = / = size or weight). One case I know of is a 6'3 guy who started with starving at age 13. The resorption of nutrients (inheridet metabolism) is far more important. As well as HGH.
Also if you really eat less the body takes its nutrients via other ways (breaks down its teeth for calcium etc.). But yet again, metabolism is doing it's thing without you thinking about it.

"You stunt your growth" is a foul excuse for people that just inheridet short genes honestly, the only real growth stunts are maybe accidents near growth plates, chemotherapy, maybe drug abuse (some drugs like retaline), or thyroid/kidney (or other organs) dysfunction. All things that the average person doesn't have to deal with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up